Week 1 - Greenbrier VS Lipscomb

GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Cats to rebound against DL.The game with JP II was actually won before mental mistakes.Our young men will step it up and not allow this again.

Greenbrier 19  Lipscomb 14 also......

Massillon big over the Dover Tornadoes

825723825[/snapback]

Speaking of mental mistakes, I now would like to introduce to the faithful readers of CoachT.com, a walking mental mistake: Ladies and gentlemen, a big round of applause for tenntyger!!!

Edited by BombSquad

Why all of the hostility between Bobcats and Mustangs?  We are all part of the Animal Kingdom.  Anyways, this is far from a rivalry.  Greenbrier's two wins in the overall series hardly constitutes the constant bickering between these two fine institutions. 

To the game, both teams have lost key ingredients off of last year's teams.  The likes of athletes such as Herndon, Aldridge, Rogers, and Elrod moving on to college will make this game very interesting.  I expect to see the ball in the air under 15 times for the game, including kick-offs and punts.  A classic ground war will be waged by two very good coaches at the infamous "Bobcat Field" (where legends are born....Pigg...etc.)

Mustangs win due to the play of the linebackers. 

Stangs- 14

Bobcats-6

825723791[/snapback]

Actually Herndon and Elrod are still there and Rogers will be playing next year for the stangs

Why all of the hostility between Bobcats and Mustangs?  We are all part of the Animal Kingdom.  Anyways, this is far from a rivalry.  Greenbrier's two wins in the overall series hardly constitutes the constant bickering between these two fine institutions. 

To the game, both teams have lost key ingredients off of last year's teams.  The likes of athletes such as Herndon, Aldridge, Rogers, and Elrod moving on to college will make this game very interesting.  I expect to see the ball in the air under 15 times for the game, including kick-offs and punts.  A classic ground war will be waged by two very good coaches at the infamous "Bobcat Field" (where legends are born....Pigg...etc.)

825723791[/snapback]

Good post! Can't agree on the score, but you're right that this will be a good game. I also agree with FatCat that the community of Greenbrier turns out on Football fridays, and this game always draws a good gate volume.

I think from what I am reading here on the ol' Coach T that neither offense is going to show up..3-2? Wonder if that has ever happened before?  Surely some defense will score at least one TD on a fumble or int.  Gotta go.  Got Math papers to grade.  Need some help on that Bulletin board.

825723681[/snapback]

Actually 3-2 has happened before, and Greenbrier was involved. I think it was in '92 that Macon Co. defeated Greenbrier at Greenbrier by a score of 3-2. Just letting you know.

In the past I would have used this precious space to display some incredible highlight-worthy collection of sarcasm directed at Greenbrier. At this juncture in my career though, I simply use it to tell you a story. On a warm Friday night in August that’s really too hot to fit the warm night cliché, 8 high school heroes stand on the emblazoned crest of Greenbrier High School at the 50 yard line. Bobcats win the toss, elect to defer. Lipscomb will receive the kick. Good kick, Stangs pinned deep in their own territory. White jerseys fly around the field as the Bobcats come out roaring. Tackle for loss. A sack on the goal line. Is he in the endzone? Safety. Greenbrier leads 2-0. Mustang Nation left a little flat, but impressed that Greenbrier has electricity. Two minutes shy of four quarters later, the scoreboard reads the same score with 46 seconds remaining. Ball on the Greenbrier 22 yard line. Hull lining up his kick. Whistle blaring. Timeout Greenbrier. Hull lines it up again. Seeing as how the Bobcats have had a spectacular night in the clock management category, the whistle blows again. Timeout Greenbrier. Hull lines it up one more time. Ball is snapped. The thunder of boys who have worked so hard to attain their 180 pound frame colliding, each with the sole intention of demolishing the other, echoes in the intense silence of the stadium. Coaches, parents, fans and players alike contort their bodies in an effort to coax that airborne symbol of what these boys have worked so hard for, some for months, others even years. The best view in the stadium belongs to the 46 year old father of two who left his full-time job an hour and a half early tonight to be sure he made it to the game on time. As he looks up all his attention is focused on the ball. Now, to everyone else, he's the only thing that matters on this field. These people have spent an entire night in a southern paradise of runs, cheers, passes, fight songs and tackles, and now they await as one man decides whether the little bit of their Friday that remains will be spent in celebration or simply in recovery with that small lack of what could have been. As he raises both arms above his head, he brings pure elation to many, while his upright arms entail disappointment to many others. 42 seconds later, all warriors meet in the middle of that field, that field that has seen some of them bleed, all of them sweat, some of them make mistakes, some of them shine, and all of them make someone proud. Win or lose, all leave the field with some small feeling of contentment.

DL  3

Greenbrier  2

...You heard it here first.

825721982[/snapback]

Man, bombsquad....... sorry, but the reason the Bobcats think your story is lame, well, because it IS lame........

Now, later on this year, when the Bobcats and Blue Devils hook up, come to our thread and you'll understand the TRUE meaning of storytelling.......

Until then, keep practicing......

Go McKinley Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!

825725595[/snapback]

Since we are in the general area: Will Mt. Union continue to dominate the Ohio Athletic Conference or will arch rivals John Carroll or Baldwin Wallace take the title this year? As Bobo the clown would say, "High and Dry!" I'll hang up and listen to your comments off air, indicated Mustangmomtoo.

Mustang and Bobcat fans will want to check out Peter Powell's Game Day notes which are expected soon on The Mustangfanpage.

Since we are in the general area:  Will Mt. Union continue to dominate the Ohio Athletic Conference or will arch rivals John Carroll or Baldwin Wallace take the title this year?  As Bobo the clown would say, "High and Dry!"  I'll hang up and listen to your comments off air, indicated Mustangmomtoo.

Mustang and Bobcat fans will want to check out Peter Powell's Game Day notes which are expected soon on The Mustangfanpage.

825725645[/snapback]

Are these also Ohio high schools? If so I am not familiar with them.