Franklin at Oakland

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Oakland, unless Franklin has had a miraculous summer, they are susceptable to the blitz.  Riverdale showed Franklin that their passing game does NOT work when their QB is laying in the dirt this spring.

825724126[/snapback]

BDD will be able to reply to this a bit better but I'd say this probably had to do with a couple things:

1) The "new" offense was just that - new.

2) Franklin is pretty typically quite good up front; perhaps Riverdale was just that good?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BDD will be able to reply to this a bit better but I'd say this probably had to do with a couple things:

1) The "new" offense was just that - new.

2) Franklin is pretty typically quite good up front; perhaps Riverdale was just that good?

825724150[/snapback]

Quite true, but this isn't the same Oakland y'all faced last year either. They have two good QB's that both can pass and run and mix it up well. This equates to a more balanced attack of Oakland's part. Their d-line this spring was not balanced, but they have had a good summer to pump up as well.

All in all it should be a good game.

Oakland, unless Franklin has had a miraculous summer, they are susceptable to the blitz.  Riverdale showed Franklin that their passing game does NOT work when their QB is laying in the dirt this spring.

As I cannot make the Ohio trip due to job reasons, I may have to cross town and watch this game.  Who knows I may even get to try one of Oakland's famous hot dogs! :lol:

No prediction as this one could go either way.  If either team takes this one for granted they may be in for a BIG surprise.

825724126[/snapback]

Can't disagree with the Riverdale Blitz comment...my response at the time was that our guards and tackles looked like the Keystone Cops. I think that has improved some but still has room for improvement.

Ironically it worked to our advantage in Lincoln County, when Mikrut got flushed he took off for big yardage. Problem is that with Riverdale's speed and prowess ...that scenario doesn't play. It might work in Oakland though!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

where is the game at. and what is it with your hot dogs, are they that good. do u think that they compare to blackmans $1 burgers, of coarse chearper is better in my book lol

825724164[/snapback]

Our game is at Freedom Field. And I can't compare the BHS burgers b/c I didn't try one. I am not a hot dog person at all. In fact, you will NEVER see me eat a hot dog ever over a burger. But I was convinced to try an OHS dog about 2 yrs ago and became hooked. They are so good that I ate 6 at every game last yr. They are Big, plump, and juicy with a bit of a spicey taste to them. I have never tasted a more tasty dog. Man oh man do I love them. My mouth is watering right nowwww at the thought!

Our game is at Freedom Field. And I can't compare the BHS burgers b/c I didn't try one. I am not a hot dog person at all. In fact, you will NEVER see me eat a hot dog ever over a burger. But I was convinced to try an OHS dog about 2 yrs ago and  became  hooked. They are so good that I ate 6 at every game last yr. They are Big, plump, and juicy with a bit of a spicey taste to them. I have never tasted a more tasty dog. Man oh man do I love them.  My mouth is watering right nowwww at the thought!

825724172[/snapback]

sounds good. ill have to stop by and try one, and maybe watch the game :lol: