Franklin at Oakland

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Franklin put on a clinic last night in Lincoln County, disposing of them 56-8. Oakland won comfortably agaisnt region foe Blackman 42-21. This game in 2003 was close on the scoreboard but not so much on the field and last year it would seem it wasn't close on either. Can the Patriots cool down the Rebels hot start? Will Franklin be looking towards Ravenwood and past OHS?

As always, discuss.

And of course, GO REBS!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Franklin comes out this upcoming Friday and plays the way they did agains LC they will not be stopped all season. If they come out cocky because of the way they won against LC loook for them to be embarrassed because Oakland is always a strong competitor. The game in '04 was extremely close until halftime when Coach J lit a fire under our butts and told us we better get our butts in gear. Look for Franklin to have the better special teams which will prove to be crucial in the end. No prediction from me but you all know where my heart is.

It would seem that Oakland can score on special teams and defense as well...

From the Tennessean:

P.J. Polk returned a kickoff 96 yards for a touchdown, Sam Youree set up another touchdown with a 36-yard punt return and Josh Fleming returned a Blaze fumble for another score to help the Patriots overcome Blackman’s ball-control offensive game plan.

C'mon reb, you know i am talking about kicking and coverage as well. John Bell put all 7 of his kickoffs as touchbacks and Sam Spanjian, soph., put both of his at around the four yard line when he got the chance to kick. Punting and coverage was a strenght for the rebels as they capatilized on a 46 yard bunt that was botched by LC. Look for the rebels to maybe allow Bell to kick a field goal, unlikely though if their offense continues to do so well, but when given the cahcen look for Bell to capatlize on it.

No doubt this game will be a big challenge for Oakland. Oakland played well last night, but will have to play better if they want to beat Franklin. I think if Oakland's defense can stick with the bend but dont break philosophy, it looks they could give Franklin a run for their money. After looking at the box score from Franklin's game, I would have thought they would have more yards through the air, but even when they ran the ball, a big chunk of their yards were off of big runs that went for touchdowns

Franklin is one of the few teams Oakland prolly doesnt need to get in a shootout with. If Oakland can keep this game in the 20's or lower, I feel pretty good about our chances. I hope that we give you guys a good game for all 48 minutes this year instead of for 24 minutes like last season

I really dont see Coach Clayton allowing this young team, and they are young in experience i mean, come out cocky. I am sure he will rid the team of some of the stupid penalties, like a spiked football, and that will help them through te seaon.

I also see Oakland coming out strong in this matchup as they have not beaten this Franklin squad since our two teams began playing a couple years ago. Look for this to be one of the better games this Friday, and good luck to my Rebels.