Brentwood Academy at Ravenwood

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Either some of you guys did not play High School football or it has been too long. Those 10 games during the season mean everything to you regardless of region or non-region, if you are worth your salt. BA might not be quite as up as they would be for MBA or MUS, but it will mean a lot to them. They are playing a football game against a very good football team and they will want to win - region or non-region. I contend that Ravenwood will fill the same way - don't sell them short.

Edited by USA1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to go on the side of history in this one.

Ravenwood would make a huge statement by winning, but this is a big step for this program. I am sure that Rector agreed to this series because he thought this was "the year" for his team. Plus, it would be something they could (and would) flaunt against their big brother defeating a team they never could.

To Ravenwood's advantage will be the offensive attack which BA rarely sees and is difficult to defend. To BA's advantage is big game experience and overall better athletes.

But to FHSRebels' point, a loss is not devastating as they have a huge region game the next week. Brentwood rebounded nicely from a heartbreaking loss against BA-all the way to the 'Boro. I think if truth be told, BA has more to lose by losing than Ravenwood. A victory would send shock waves through both public and privates-but it doesn't guarantee a gold ball. That is the real season.

Ravenwood would make a huge statement by winning, but this is a big step for this program.  I am sure that Rector agreed to this series because he thought this was "the year" for his team.  Plus, it would be something they could (and would) flaunt against their big brother defeating a team they never could.

To Ravenwood's advantage will be the offensive attack which BA rarely sees and is difficult to defend.  To BA's advantage is big game experience and overall better athletes. 

But to FHSRebels' point, a loss is not devastating as they have a huge region game the next week.  Brentwood rebounded nicely from a heartbreaking loss against BA-all the way to the 'Boro.  I think if truth be told, BA has more to lose by losing than Ravenwood.  A victory would send shock waves through both public and privates-but it doesn't guarantee a gold ball.  That is the real season.

825723369[/snapback]

I agree with you 100% - good post!

Another reason why Ravenwood is going to be up for this game is this is "the year" for this team. Sure they have some young talent, but this teams heart and soul are their seniors. This is the group that all started as 9th graders and the ones that are left are a pretty special group. I would expect for this years Ravenwood/BA game to be much more competitive than next years game.

I'm proud of Coach Rector stepping up ans scheduling this game. It is a shame that BHS felt they could not compete with BA and put an end to their series, look at the gate alone and the excitement this game created in the City of Brentwood. I'm glad that Ravenwood stepped up and I hope this game becomes the Week 0 game for both teams for years to come. Go let BHS open with Coffee County and the rest of the surrounding county teams.

Should be a good one and I have a feeling you need to get there early to find a seat.

Another reason why Ravenwood is going to be up for this game is this is "the year" for this team.  Sure they have some young talent, but this teams heart and soul are their seniors.  This is the group that all started as 9th graders and the ones that are left are a pretty special group.  I would expect for this years Ravenwood/BA game to be much more competitive than next years game.

I'm proud of Coach Rector stepping up ans scheduling this game.  It is a shame that BHS felt they could not compete with BA and put an end to their series, look at the gate alone and the excitement this game created in the City of Brentwood.  I'm glad that Ravenwood stepped up and I hope this game becomes the Week 0 game for both teams for years to come.  Go let BHS open with Coffee County and the rest of the surrounding county teams.

Should be a good one and I have a feeling you need to get there early to find a seat.

825723754[/snapback]

Amen! You have nailed it!!!

This BA team is more talented than the one that created BHS's 14-1 5A State Championship Season. But, I think BA is much more in jeopardy of losing, based on the "the group" that you have mentioned. Plus, hitting us over the head with our old quarterback. I am with you saluting Coach Rector.

Another reason why Ravenwood is going to be up for this game is this is "the year" for this team.  Sure they have some young talent, but this teams heart and soul are their seniors.  This is the group that all started as 9th graders and the ones that are left are a pretty special group.  I would expect for this years Ravenwood/BA game to be much more competitive than next years game.

I'm proud of Coach Rector stepping up ans scheduling this game.  It is a shame that BHS felt they could not compete with BA and put an end to their series, look at the gate alone and the excitement this game created in the City of Brentwood.  I'm glad that Ravenwood stepped up and I hope this game becomes the Week 0 game for both teams for years to come.  Go let BHS open with Coffee County and the rest of the surrounding county teams.

825723754[/snapback]

Amen! If we still gave good marks (wow, those are ancient history) then you'd receive a few for your post. Whether Ravenwood wins or not, they've proven they have guts and aren't afraid of anybody, even good teams in their own backyard.

Let Brentwood and Franklin play whomever they want. As long as teams like Centennial and Ravenwood schedule us, we'll always play someone from the county.

Ravenwood would make a huge statement by winning, but this is a big step for this program.  I am sure that Rector agreed to this series because he thought this was "the year" for his team.  Plus, it would be something they could (and would) flaunt against their big brother defeating a team they never could.

To Ravenwood's advantage will be the offensive attack which BA rarely sees and is difficult to defend.  To BA's advantage is big game experience and overall better athletes. 

But to FHSRebels' point, a loss is not devastating as they have a huge region game the next week.  Brentwood rebounded nicely from a heartbreaking loss against BA-all the way to the 'Boro.  I think if truth be told, BA has more to lose by losing than Ravenwood.  A victory would send shock waves through both public and privates-but it doesn't guarantee a gold ball.  That is the real season.

825723369[/snapback]

Everyone is referring that one loss to a non-region team is no big deal. Ravenwood will go into this game more fired up than they have in any year because it is BA. Every WilCo team dreams of the oppurtunity to beat BA and MBA and Ravenwoond probably has the chance this year except for the experience in huge games. One loss to a non region team can make or break a teams season in Region 6. Take Franklin for example, without their loss to LC in our junior year, we would have been region champs and been able to play Brentwood at home in the playoffs. One loss, doesnt matter to whom, is everything in this region.

Ravenwood thinks this is their year. These next two weeks are there year. If they do not win one or both of these games look for them to not be able to rebound because they were expecting to do extremely well against BA and FHS. Rector may have been expecting too much by scheduling BA and Franklin back to back for their first two games of their season.

No prediction except for the fact that it will be a hard fought game by both teams and neither team is going into this one worrying aboutnext weeks opponents.

Amen!  If we still gave good marks (wow, those are ancient history) then you'd receive a few for your post.  Whether Ravenwood wins or not, they've proven they have guts and aren't afraid of anybody, even good teams in their own backyard.

Let Brentwood and Franklin play whomever they want.  As long as teams like Centennial and Ravenwood schedule us, we'll always play someone from the county.

825723783[/snapback]

No, no, my friend, let brentwood schedule who they want. Franklin is in a huge rivalry game with LC, not a pushover teams by any means and this years score is definatly no indication of their talent.

let's just go on record here....

last year for Ravenwood and this year for BA...

First they start off by playing Hillcrest Christian? OOOOHHH hard game there

And then Ravenwood i believed started off last year with a Pope John Paul II

So lets not get big and buff here over 2 Wilco teams playing each other and saying that Brentwood and Franklin don't schedule well because in fact, if you knew the facts, then you'd know that FHS vs. LC is a huge rivalry and Coffee County has many ties to the Bruin program(it was Crawford's old school) plus they called for the game over a year ago... when they had one of the states top runners in Jake Nunley and made the playoffs.

So before we go bashing on other teams let's get the facts and records straight here.