White County @ Cookeville

shawnr

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tough place to play at cookeville. but if cookeville is overlooking white co. they better look out. white county's fb [dell lewis jr.] has his pick of sec schools he won'ts to go to. also lb is getting looked at by several div. 1 colleges. also great wide receivers. the word is the best team in white co. in 25 years. white co. in a huge upset.

tough place to play at cookeville. but if cookeville is overlooking white co. they better look out. white county's fb [dell lewis jr.] has his pick of sec schools he won'ts to go to. also lb is getting looked at by several div. 1 colleges. also great wide receivers. the word is the best team in white co. in 25 years. white co. in a huge upset.

825723092[/snapback]

Believe me, Cookeville is not overlooking White Co. After Friday's loss to Ooltewah, they are more determined than ever to prove they are who they say they are. They are upset enough to turn this one into a game like the '02 season opener where everyone but Coach Joslin himself scored! I don't see the Cavs losing another game the rest of the way. thumb It will, hopefully, be a great game. The Cookeville/White Co. games have traditionally been great ones. As I've said before, you never know which team from White Co. is going to show up. But, in reality, I see this being #11 in a row for my Cavs in this rivalry. thumb

825723092[/snapback]

Wow, do your English teachers teach you to misspell all of those words? By the way...this thread was started days ago by cav43. Why don't we all continue this discussion there.

Edited by Fuggly63

i'm not trash talking strlcoach. just giving u the facts. i think it will be a great game. i think white co. has a good chance to win. everyone is talking about all of cookeville's seniors returning. white co. has 9 starters on both sides of the ball returning as well.

825723225[/snapback]

No, you misunderstood. I was talking about that on the Cookeville/Ooltewah thread. This thread or the one started by Cav43 is the one to talk about this game, not that one.

Other than this week, I hope they do! thumb It would be nice to see them back where they used to be.  I just don't see it this week against the Cavs.  They are just too determined after Friday's heartbreaker.

825723253[/snapback]

Nice to see somebody that knows once upon a time when you played White County you usually got a loss. i'm talking in the 1950's 60's and 70's. Including wins over Cookeville many, many times. If you added up the wins and losses since 1950 I would say White County leads this series even though they haven't done much lately.

Cookeville has a well-balanced and deep team. I'm not sure fully what White County has this year, but if they don't have a lot more than a FB and a LB being considered for D1 then they could be in for a long night. I saw Cookeville play Friday night and they do not have any quit in them.

They are not real big, physically, but they make up for it in heart and a tremendous amount of depth. They have some very good, tall receivers and they gave a very good football team at Ooltewah all they could want in a game. In fact, for about 2 1/2 quarters, I believe they outplayed Ooltewah.

With how far they went in the playoffs last year and the talent returning this year, it would be awfully hard to pick against them. If, however, White Co. is as good as some are saying on this thread, it could be a good game.

I still will take Cookeville in this one 28-14.

Nice to see somebody that knows once upon a time when you played White County you usually got a loss. i'm talking in the 1950's 60's and 70's. Including wins over Cookeville many, many times. If you added up the wins and losses since 1950 I would say White County leads this series even though they haven't done much lately.

825725419[/snapback]

I wouldn't say we "usually" got a loss. I don't remember losing to them much at all over the last 30 years. In the late '60's, if you have to go back that far, I know they didn't beat them, because that was when Cookeville had it's best teams ever, until now that is. I just know that no matter what team was better at the time, it was always a good game.