Coacht

Bad advice for the kids.  Why would 50 - 100 coaches come to an event if they are not looking for prospective athletes.  It is an opportunity for a kid to get in front of some college coaches and get that initial contact.  It can also show the players where they stack up against other good players within the state.  Where else are some of the girls going to get this type of exposure for a few bucks?  My daughter has gone several times  over the past few years and we are pleased with the event and the exposure she has received.

825726313[/snapback]

Your one of the few and congrats on the exposure. Most all coaches are there to see the players they already know about AND ARE COMPETING WITH THEIR FELLOW COACHES ON A SELECT FEW. The remaing 99% are the "paycheck" for the "staff". Maybe its bad advice but it came from college coaches.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad advice for the kids.  Why would 50 - 100 coaches come to an event if they are not looking for prospective athletes.  It is an opportunity for a kid to get in front of some college coaches and get that initial contact.  It can also show the players where they stack up against other good players within the state.  Where else are some of the girls going to get this type of exposure for a few bucks?  My daughter has gone several times  over the past few years and we are pleased with the event and the exposure she has received.

825726313[/snapback]

Can Showtime7 or you guarantee that their will be 50-100 College coaches at the event, or even 15, how many will be there? Further Showtime has not yet answered to who / or what school / or what program this seemingly lucrative camp will profit.

Again if its for the kids reduce the cost or make it a PR project for the SSS / Nike companies and let them sponsor it.

Further the majority of kids going to this are already known, and play AAU and HS ball and should have a good idea of where they stack up against others!

Can Showtime7 or you guarantee that their will be 50-100 College coaches at the event, or even 15, how many will be there? Further Showtime has not yet answered to who / or what school / or what program this seemingly lucrative camp will profit.

Again if its for the kids reduce the cost or make it a PR project for the SSS / Nike companies and let them sponsor it.

Further the majority of kids going to this are already known, and play AAU and HS ball and should have a good idea of where they stack up against others!

825726663[/snapback]

I have nothing to do with the event other than may daughter will be a participant. Therefore, I cannot guarantee the number of coaches that will be there, nor do I know anything about who will profit from this event. My hope is that it creates opportunities for some young ladies who love the game of basketball.

The camp is taking in $15,200 for 5 1/2 hours which is $2,763 dollars an hour. I think $95 is a very reasonable amount to ask. Give a free camp for the KIDS and the advertising is free.

What school gets the $15,200, minus expenses?

825725788[/snapback]

Coacht.com,

I said if you would go back and read, it is a Blue Star event. Blue Star is a national women's basketball recruiting scouting service. The money goes back into the kids. It is not free at all to run a event at a site and it also cost help. Noone in this area gets the money from the event but the kids get around 100 colleges to watch them on this one 5 1/2 hour day. I think it a great opportunity for all kids and parents. I don't care if your website publlishes this event or not cause it will be a successful event with your support or not.

The real question is where the plus membership money go? How come this website is not free and Give a Free Website for the promotion of KIDS :D:D:)

Coacht.com,

I said if you would go back and read, it is a Blue Star event. Blue Star is a national women's basketball recruiting scouting service. The money goes back into the kids. It is not free at all to run a event at a site and it also cost help. Noone in this area gets the money from the event but the kids get around 100 colleges to watch them on this one 5 1/2 hour day. I think it a great opportunity for all kids and parents. I don't care if your website publlishes this event or not cause it will be a successful event with your support or not.

The real question is where the plus membership money go? How come this website is not free and Give a Free Website for the promotion of KIDS  B)  :D  B)

825726829[/snapback]

Wow Showtime, take advantage of several years of free advertising for the SSS and for Shelbyville Team Camps, and the coin that these events turn, and you know that the SSS does profit in oneway or another. If it did not you would not want to host the substate every year or look to host super regionals.

I don't think anyone questions the effort and time that is put into running this website and its overall great performance. The information supplied herein and the ability to post anyones opinion (even yours) is great.

If because you went outside the bounds of the normal free advertising provided by CoachT and they asked you for a small amount of money for the advertising and you felt this unfair then advertise on the SSS or Shelbyville site. Oh yeah the SSS is never complete and can't even post results for it own tournaments or substate. I guess the SSS should charge a fee so that it can have a complete website oh yea you do charge fees and have sponsors but don't have even a semi informative site.

Its difficult for me to imagine how you can complain about a service you have taken such advantage of over the years.

I think you should just quit using CoachT (PLEASE).

Coacht.com,

The real question is where the plus membership money go? How come this website is not free and Give a Free Website for the promotion of KIDS  B)  B)  :D

825726829[/snapback]

I hope the camp does well, scholarships flow to the participants, and if people want to pay $95 for the exposure then that is fine. If you want to advertise it on here, though, it will cost you $95. I think the national women's basketball recruiting scouting service will have $95 left over after expenses.

This website is free. I thought that you of all people would have realized that by now. We have 46,400 free members and many more unregistered guests. Fans who want to pay do so, another concept I know you have trouble grasping. And, when the expenses are paid I take half of what is left and put it in my pocket with no apologies to anyone.

Now, if you would like to continue talking about your event it'll cost you $95.