Rivalry

CentralBaseball09

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Both rivalries are huge for their respective teams, schools, and communities. However, I would take AE-Fulton as the better of the two. When they play it means more than just regional standings and playoff implications. These players now each other and live close to one another. Lately, there have been some transfers that just add fuel to the fire. Also, it cannot be understated how the winner of those games seems to pull a little more talent out of the rec leagues. The stakes and emotions are at a fever pitch in this contest. Friday's game will be another chapter in this hard fought rivalry. I'll have to miss that one, but I'll be at the rematch in November.

As a Central fan, I would have to say that Central and Maryville are not really natural rivals. Sure, the games they play against each other draw a lot of attention and the stakes for the region are high, but these two schools don't play each other much in other sports and they are not neighbors. Central's rivals are Powell and Halls for the same reasons that Bald Rooster stated about the AE/Fulton games. Right now, I would have to say the Powell is Central's biggest rival. If Fulton and Central were to renew their games, that would also be a hot ticket.

As a Central fan, I would have to say that Central and Maryville are not really natural rivals.  Sure, the games they play against each other draw a lot of attention and the stakes for the region are high, but these two schools don't play each other much in other sports and they are not neighbors.  Central's rivals are Powell and Halls for the same reasons that Bald Rooster stated about the AE/Fulton games.  Right now, I would have to say the Powell is Central's biggest rival.  If Fulton and Central were to renew their games, that would also be a hot ticket.

825724583[/snapback]

Wow, Medman we agree on that. Central and Maryville play the big games that seem to mean a great deal, usally for a trip to the State game here of late.

I think The Central vs. Powell & Halls are bigger and Fulton vs. AE is huge. Maryville and Alcoa is also huge. When kids grow up in the same commuinity and play for different schools, that adds to the games IMO.

I was thinking about that beofre i posted this thread. I kno Central and Maryville have big games but thats only in 1 sport, where as Fulton and Ae are rivals in all probably but mostly football and basketball. And i would have to say that i have been to a Fulton and AE basketball game and Fulton was packed and a very good game.