Tennessee High vs. Virginia High

THSVikings2004

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virginia High should dominate the line of scrimmage, that is TNH's weakest point- Daniel Boone dominated the line in recent scrimmage and the match ended in a 7 to 7 tigh-

TN"s passing game was great if the quarterback can get some time, they have a really nice reciever (im thinking #15) that was hard to stop-But point is that TNH will have a rough year unless they improve up front-

825726534[/snapback]

You are right in that if THS has shown a weakness it’s been the inexperience in the front line. But that WILL GET BETTER AND BETTER as the season goes on. I do however think you read too much into the scrimmage against Daniel Boone. In my opinion the Viking coaching staff has used their scrimmages this year to gauge their depth in different positions (just as any experienced coaching staff should during preseason). The Viking starters saw very little PT in the scrimmages this year.

Even if the THS front line sputters a bit out of the blocks the Vikings should be alright in this one. Their many weapons and depth in the skilled positions should prove to be way more than the cross town Bearcats can handle. :D

Blazer58 do you have a prediction?

vikings are a joke this yaer and you know it :D    vH 21 tn 14 :o

825726625[/snapback]

The joke is that with the absence of last years stud Tyron Mitchell (no doubt the best back Virginia High has seen in years) they think they are going to even be able to score on the Vikings! :):) That’s the joke!!!!

By the way Mitchell while rushing for over 1300 yards in a single season last year only managed to gain 16 of those against the Vikings. We play at a different level on this side of the City Divide. :D

Virginia High should dominate the line of scrimmage, that is TNH's weakest point- Daniel Boone dominated the line in recent scrimmage and the match ended in a 7 to 7 tigh-

TN"s passing game was great if the quarterback can get some time, they have a really nice reciever (im thinking #15) that was hard to stop-But point is that TNH will have a rough year unless they improve up front-

825726534[/snapback]

You obviously weren't at the scrimmage Blazer. Tennessee High won 14-7. One score with Bell and one with second string QB Danny Thomas on a 10-15 yard draw play.

And Boone didn't dominate, they had quite a bit of trouble moving the ball until the end of the scrimmage. I'm not gonna try to take anything away from the two teams though considering it was a scrimmage.

THS I played in the scrimmage, and I don't count second team scores as they were against a second team defense that is far more then a joke. The THS offensive line struggled blocking the entire game angainst Daniel Boone's front...this is the same team you guys don't think is capable of TH scrimmage (I am not saying Boone is great by any means, just that TNHS is very over-rated this year, their front was a joke)

No predictions for tommorrow though, no clue about VA high and TNHS did have a decent passing game and talented running back-just get some bodies to block up there, that is were games are won.

Oh and to clarify, the reciever I was talking about earlier is#5, not 15, appologies.

THS I played in the scrimmage, and I don't count second team scores as they were against a second team defense that is far more then a joke.  The THS offensive line struggled blocking the entire game angainst Daniel Boone's front...this is the same team you guys don't think is capable of TH scrimmage (I am not saying Boone is great by any means, just that TNHS is very over-rated this year, their front was a joke)

No predictions for tommorrow though,  no clue about VA high and TNHS did have a decent passing game and talented running back-just get some bodies to block up there, that is were games are won.

Oh and to clarify, the reciever I was talking about earlier is#5, not 15, appologies.

825727095[/snapback]

Well, this over rated Vikings team just beat a better team then the Trailblazers by the score of 29-7.

Here are some good points and bad points in the game. I will start with the bad.

*13 Penalties

*Bad Coaching (went for it in the redzone instead of trying to kick field goals)

*4 injuries (Carletan Bell, Deshaud Johnson, Ryan Shaw, Jonathan Howard)

*Rarely passed the ball.

*Only led 3-0 at the half

The good:

*Everybody and their moms got to play runningbacks and did very, very well.

*Great kicker, kicked it the endzone once, and beyond the endzone once.

*Deshaud Johnson, 2 rushes for over 100 yards

*Daniel Booher, 96 yards rushing on 9 or 10 attempts I believe.

*At the beginning of the second half, jumped up 22-0 before scoring later in the 4th.

*Players, stepped up out of nowhere and earned their spot...or second string spot. <_<

*DEFENSE...under the conditions, they almost played a perfect game.

Virginia High had the size on both sides of the line, great accurate QB with quick receivers and runningbacks. On all drives with the exception of one, they failed to get in scoring position.

Can't wait for next week...can't wait. thumb

Congrats to DB and Sullivan South. They had a bit of a nailbiter.

The game went exactly how I expected. The line definitely improved as the game went on. Now whether it was them settling in, or the coaching staff getting in that @22 I don’t know! Johnson is a human highlight film!! Very exciting!!! :rolleyes:

Would of like to see the coaching staff open the book a little bit … but I guess it wasn’t necessary … YET.

Virginia High has a good team and will do very well this season in their conference. As a matter of fact they probably won’t lose again until the playoffs. It’s just (like I said before); it’s a different level of play on this side of the City line.

score of 29-7

*Bad Coaching

*DEFENSE...under the conditions, they almost played a perfect game.

Can't wait for next week...can't wait.  thumb

Congrats to DB and Sullivan South. They had a bit of a nailbiter.

825727421[/snapback]

Good game for your young men. I'm not so sure about the bad coaching part. Stubbs is one of the very best around, without a doubt. We both had better keep an eye on South. Congradulations.......

Question: How did Bus Driver Wil Schuer do? He's a very good friend. Played a couple of years of baseball for me and we had a blast. Think the world of him and his mom. Middle LB, right?