Predictions on Macon County vs. Pearl Cohn

Peter_B_Dragon

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say that i am very very proud of the Tigers. They accomplished the what everyone said to be "Impossible". That says alot for our boys as well as our fans, coaches, and anyone who has stood behind the Tigers. I have heard little about Pearl Cohn except that they are big and fast. However, rumors are not always true and opinions are like buttholes everyone has one. So I predict this game to either be very close or a complete runaway...no in betweens. Macon I am so proud of you all! I am proud to say that i am from MC. I wish the boys the best of luck and I will be there right behind them all the way. Just remember, every team goes through hard times like losing their first ballgame to LOSING ONE OF THEIR VERY GOOD ASSETS TO THE TEAM whose name we wont say,but you boys have done a good job showing everyone who talked you down that you can rise above that! so good luck MC, hand it to em'!

Guest catfish-hunter

After hearing the way Pearl-Cohn lost last night I would not want to be their opponent this upcoming week. In week zero the Firebirds beat metro rival Glencliff 19-16, despite the fact that quarterback DeAunte Mason had an interception returned for a TD. Last night Mason had another INT returned for a pick six and it bit the Firebirds in the butt. Trailing 14-6 PC running back Bobby Council returned a punt 80 yards for a TD to pull the Firebirds to within 14-12. The conversion failed and Pearl Cohn recovered the onside kick. Council then took the handoff and was off to the races for what appeared to be a game winning TD but instead he fumbled the football and it was all he could do to recover the fumble to keep posession. Pearl-Cohn gave Maplewood a the lead by throwing an INT for a TD. They then decided to botch a sure TD and that came back to bite 'em in the butt. The Firebirds were stopped by Maplewood inside the 10yd. line late on that same drive where Council fumbled the sure TD and the Panthers held on for a win.

I imagine that Pearl-Cohn will be awfully anxious to get back on the football field this week and come Friday night they'll either suffer through a hangover let Macon Co. hang around in this one OR they'll come out ready to go and put Macon Co. away very early. Either way, this is going to be a true case of David vs Goliath for the Macon Co. Tigers thumb

Once again to the Tigers good game against us last week. If Macon County wants a shot at winning this one though a few things will have to happen.

1. Keep playing with the same heart and intensity from the week before.

2. Limit the turnovers and the big plays.

3. The defensive line will have to play alot better for this one.

4. The offensive line will have to get their blocks; I will probably guarantee that Pearl-Cohn's Boys will be alot bigger than our boys.

5. DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT ANYBODY SAYS ABOUT YOU WILL GET BEAT. YOU HAVE ALREADY PROVED THAT ANYBODY CAN GET BEAT ON ANY GIVEN DAY.

Good Luck To The Tigers

Guest catfish-hunter
Great post!!!!! thumb

825731392[/snapback]

Not Really!!!

Exactly what did he mean by "night chickens"???? Was that some kind of racial comment directed at Pearl-Cohn just because they are a metro school???