Jeff Co. at Campbell Co.

Sg0C0ugs

I said one and I meant Shivy.  Since you are so smart and all knowing, tell me about all of those players...who are these other 4 or 5?  Name them or shut the heck up.  I didn't realize that i was demeaning anyone.  What issues, there is not any issues on THIS team and if you were involved with them, you would know.

So give the list.

Pats 17  CC 14

825733337[/snapback]

I have to agree with JKar's post...I think CC will get more wins than this one (vs JEFF CO) but matching last years success will be hard to do...teh CC schedule is somewhat favorable but......

Johnson's return gives teh CC offensive team much more potency...I pick CC to take this game...I see that Patriot Pride picked JC 17-14...does tath mean taht JC haas a decent/good placekicker...a FG might be teh difference in this one...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Coach U is a fine coach and is showing the ability to adapt his play calling to his talent level.  It pisses me off when people associate winning with character. IF you go 2-8, does that mean you don't have  any character???  I've been on a state championship team and a losing team and believe me, it takes more character to go out and get beat up week after week when your losing. 

I know its hard for long-term Jefferson County people to acknowledge that our talent level is down and it has NOTHING to do with some kids leaving....maybe 1

I thing this team will show alot of character and play its best week after week.

The next 3+ years should show improvement as the younger players mature and isn't that what you want.    WHAT 'S YOUR RECORD?  Let me guess...0-0 but in your mind your undefeated.  Shut up about sharpening your ax, get a teaching position in the school system....get a coaching job and EARN the right to be so critical.....Despite what you hear about last years team, this years team loves and respects him.....you should to until your record is better than his.

825733075[/snapback]

I think you are missing where Im coming from here. I compare Coach U to the last real coach we had, Coach K. Meadows doesnt even count in my book. I know K wasnt the best coach ever, but obviously you played for him and you are proud of it, I just dont get the sense of the kids being proud to play for Coach U. You cant sit there and tell me that if Coach K was coaching football instead of golf that the football team would be in the shape that its in. I know this is a rebuilding year, but I go back to the end of the season last year and how bright this year looked and its nothing like what I see now.

We will be fine next year and year after that, but what Im saying is these kids should never have had to have all this pressure on them this year. McFall shouldnt have to carry the entire load and so on and so forth. The problem isnt the kids on the team its the kids that left and WHY they left.

I may very well be putting the blame in the wrong place, Coach U might not be at fault but we could be in a lot better shape right now is all Im saying.

One thing I wanna make clear is that my hats go off to the kids that are toughing it out this year. Shivy I dont mind and understand but its kids like Williams that jumped ship that I dont understand. The 20 some odd kids that put on the red white and blue every friday get all my respect.

I may be way off on this "patriot pride" but I think I know who you are. Any chance you play a little Halo with some Swansylvania boys? If you dont know what Im talking about disregard this entire paragraph haha.

And the whole axe thing was a tad tounge in cheek too by the way

I have to agree with JKar's post...I think CC will get more wins than this one (vs JEFF CO) but matching last years success will be hard to do...teh CC schedule is somewhat favorable but......

Johnson's return gives teh CC offensive team much more potency...I pick CC to take this game...I see that Patriot Pride picked JC 17-14...does tath mean taht JC haas a decent/good placekicker...a FG might be teh difference in this one...

825733434[/snapback]

Jeff Co has a really good place kicker, rumor has it he has hit from 50 more than once.

I said one and I meant Shivy.  Since you are so smart and all knowing, tell me about all of those players...who are these other 4 or 5?  Name them or shut the heck up.  I didn't realize that i was demeaning anyone.  What issues, there is not any issues on THIS team and if you were involved with them, you would know.

So give the list.

Pats 17  CC 14

825733337[/snapback]

JC4Life has a good list going. You don't know what's going on beyond the team that you are involved with now. Sure, there's no issue now--everyone else has either been run off or made to choose between other sports or home life or made to feel like so much dirt that no human could stand it (and I'm not talking about hard practices but arrogant personalities). THIS (your emphasis) team and its coaching staff are not more important than the school itself or the taxpayers who support it or the students who are supposed to have an equal opportunity to play an EXTRA-curricular sport. As a result, because of the lack of talent, depth, and experience, the team will not perform as well and the school, the community, and the other students who support the team will not have as enjoyable year as they could have. You act like THIS team is all important while all the other entities do not count for much. We all want a successful program that teaches young men those qualities that will see them through life. Just because someone isn't playing on THIS team doesn't mean they don't have character--in fact, a few, by standing up for what they believe and sacrificing a sport they love, have shown a lot of character. I support THIS team, I just know it could have been a whole lot better if it had been OUR team and anyone knowing the athletes who are not playing or have transfered cannot help but agreeing with me.

BTW, JCHS 14, CC 13!

JC4Life has a good list going.  You don't know what's going on beyond the team that you are involved with now.  Sure, there's no issue now--everyone else has either been run off or made to choose between other sports or home life or made to feel like so much dirt that no human could stand it (and I'm not talking about hard practices but arrogant personalities).  THIS (your emphasis) team and its coaching staff are not more important than the school itself or the taxpayers who support it or the students who are supposed to have an equal opportunity to play an EXTRA-curricular sport.  As a result, because of the lack of talent, depth, and experience, the team will not perform as well and the school, the community, and the other students who support the team will not have as enjoyable year as they could have.  You act like THIS team is all important while all the other entities do not count for much.  We all want a successful program that teaches young men those qualities that will see them through life.  Just because someone isn't playing on THIS team doesn't mean they don't have character--in fact, a few, by standing up for what they believe and sacrificing a sport they love, have shown a lot of character.  I support THIS team, I just know it could have been a whole lot better if it had been OUR team and anyone knowing the athletes who are not playing or have transfered cannot help but agreeing with me.

BTW, JCHS 14, CC 13!

825733508[/snapback]

Well said hsfbinsider10.

"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." Ive heard a lot of things, this site is not the place for them to be discussed but I would like to know the truth.

You cant sit there and tell me that if Coach K was coaching football instead of golf that the football team would be in the shape that its in. 

Shivy I dont mind and understand but its kids like Williams that jumped ship that I dont understand.  The 20 some odd kids that put on the red white and blue every friday get all my respect.

825733504[/snapback]

Forget Coach K, the team would be a lot different with Coach Hutchins. For sure we wouldn`t have gone 6-4 and missed the playoffs last year, and we would have the 60+ players we should have this year.

Chad was kicked off the team, he didn`t quit.

Edited by JC4life

Ok, I didnt know about Chad, it doesnt shock me at all. Thats one that I can pretty much be postive it was no one's fault but his own.

I still think he jumped ship by going to play for West though, thats the last place a real Patriot would run to.

825733532[/snapback]

What better place to go if you no longer like Jefferson Co football?

Just because someone isn't playing on THIS team doesn't mean they don't have character--in fact, a few, by standing up for what they believe and sacrificing a sport they love, have shown a lot of character.  I support THIS team, I just know it could have been a whole lot better if it had been OUR team and anyone knowing the athletes who are not playing or have transfered cannot help but agreeing with me.

BTW, JCHS 14, CC 13!

825733508[/snapback]

You would make a great presidential candidate based on taking comments out of context. I didn't say a word about the character of anybody that left the team. I simply said you don't have to be winner to have character... and that sometimes it takes more character to go out and lose week after week. Go back and read please and calm down.

It is not unusual for people to leave an organization when changes are made at the highest level. If the trend continues, we have a problem. I don't think it will because I think Coach U will mellow and the boys will see that he means well.

I might be wrong but time will tell.

Sorry but I completely disagree. Yes the talent level is down compared to the  years before, but not nearly as far down. Are you actually trying to tell me that with Ben Wolfe, Heath, Steven Solomon, Shawn Hodge, Robbie Russell, Dallas Crouch, Dejuan Harris, Shivy, and yes Chad Williams, this team wouldn`t be MUCH better. Not only better, but MUCH more experienced. Those are just the guys off the top of my head

Bash Brothers huh?

Why don`t you tell them to worry about the guys they`ll be lining up against the rest of the season than me.

825733374[/snapback]

You list a bunch of kids here so break them down.

* Wolfe quit after Jamboree in 04. Didn't play a down last year.

* Soloman played sparing last year just got tried of playing.

* Heath was running 2 string this year at best.

* Hodge went to a basketball game instead of Oakland scrimmage without telling

coaches what's that about.

* Harris hasn't played ball since Rush Strong.

* Chad quit he wasn't run off.

* Dallas conflict with coach about baseball.

* Russell who knows. I know for a fact he left practices early and had an

attendance problem.

* Shivy Principle wouldn't change grade.

How much experience is in the kids from 04 to 05? Chad, Shivy and Dallas are the only starters lost and it would of been good if they came back sure. Could these players of contributed, sure they could but how many times do you want to bring up names. You make it sound as if these were the greatest players on earth. No doubt Shivy was good and these other kids are good kids but they made a choice just like 38 have made a choice to stay. Did the 38 have a different set of rules to go by, no I don't think so. I wish them all the best.

As far as telling the BB to worry about who lines up across from them believe me they know who lines up and will be ready every Friday. But you keep wanting to harp on the team expect and it to come your way as well.

You list a bunch of kids here so break them down.

* Wolfe quit after Jamboree in 04. Didn't play a down last year.

* Soloman played sparing last year just got tried of playing.

* Heath was running 2 string this year at best.

* Hodge went to a basketball game instead of Oakland scrimmage without telling 

coaches what's that about.

* Harris hasn't played ball since Rush Strong.

* Chad quit he wasn't run off.

* Dallas conflict with coach about baseball.

* Russell who knows. I know for a fact he left practices early and had an

attendance problem.

* Shivy Principle wouldn't change grade.

How much experience is in the kids from 04 to 05? Chad, Shivy and Dallas are the only starters lost and it would of been good if they came back sure. Could these players of contributed, sure they could but how many times do you want to bring up names. You make it sound as if these were the greatest players on earth. No doubt Shivy was good and these other kids are good kids but they made a choice just like 38 have made a choice to stay. Did the 38 have a different set of rules to go by, no I don't think so. I wish them all the best.

825733603[/snapback]

Well said !! You know the kids better than me but that is about what I expected.