Jeff Co. at Campbell Co.

Sg0C0ugs

Well said !! You know the kids better than me but that is about what I expected.

825733620[/snapback]

Don't forget the precedent from previous years with Aaron and Drew. Chad was removed from the team--he didn't quit. Wolfe played after the jamboree and discussed playing time with the coach and was made to feel expendable and quit during the year. In fact, the problem is that anyone with a problem is made to feel expendable. No kid is expendable in my opinion--and many more would be playing if they were "needed." Coach just needs to work on the interpersonal thing when someone has a complaint or needs the rules to be less stringent. It is those private meetings where players have made the decision to quit afterwards.

Patriot Pride, the comment you made was about going 2-8 but having character instilled during that time. My point was simply that some of these kids showed character by making a difficult choice and deciding not to play. I respect the 33 (38) or whatever that are still playing. But just because they are still playing does not mean that they have more character than those who are not and, more importantly, it does not mean that there isn't an issue going on. I do hope that Coach becomes more student real life friendly and that the players who have come in under him adapt to his ways of doing things. Unfortunately, this leaves those who experienced drastic changes and uncompromising conditions gone or out in the cold.

Sandman, changes at the top do bring a reshuffling in the business world; however, I didn't see the exodus of players when Meadows took over and this isn't the business world. And when was that Oakland scrimmage held?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much experience is in the kids from 04 to 05? Chad, Shivy and Dallas are the only starters lost and it would of been good if they came back sure. Could these players of contributed, sure they could but how many times do you want to bring up names. You make it sound as if these were the greatest players on earth. No doubt Shivy was good and these other kids are good kids but they made a choice just like 38 have made a choice to stay. Did the 38 have a different set of rules to go by, no I don't think so. I wish them all the best.

825733603[/snapback]

You are missing the point. No they weren`t the greatest players on the earth, but they would have made this team better.

BTW, another poster asked for the names of the players.

Edited by JC4life

I have to agree with JKar's post...I think CC will get more wins than this one (vs JEFF CO) but matching last years success will be hard to do...teh CC schedule is somewhat favorable but......

Johnson's return gives teh CC offensive team much more potency...I pick CC to take this game...I see that Patriot Pride picked JC 17-14...does tath mean taht JC haas a decent/good placekicker...a FG might be teh difference in this one...

825733434[/snapback]

the pats have a very good kicker during practice he has hit a 52 yarder but if he cah do it in a game only time will tell

Well I cant remember who Sandman is in real life, but if those are all true about the players then I guess I stand corrected. Maybe its not all Coaches fault afterall but then again it could be the other way around, time shall tell I guess.

I think we are forgetting that the kids play a game on Friday night that matters, and everything else we are talking about is in the past.

Patriot Pride you need to come up here and hang out, we can go over some plays on NCAA. Haha come on buddy its just the internet, dont worry about what people say on here.

Patriot Pride you need to come up here and hang out, we can go over some plays on NCAA. Haha come on buddy its just the internet, dont worry about what people say on here.

825734328[/snapback]

I forgot to tell you that your guess was wrong. I didn't play for JC, but have been here a while and love the area. I'll calm down.

I forgot to tell you that your guess was wrong.  I didn't play for JC, but have been here a while and love the area.  I'll calm down.

825734359[/snapback]

Well I feel like a fool now.

Coach B I know you will be reading this, so the last couple things I said to 'patriot pride' were for you. You need to get a name on here and speak your mind haha.

This games so hard to predict!!!!!!  someones walking away with a victory and maybe the only one on the year!!!!!!  The return of johnson and the apparent dissaray of the pats make this game seem like a miserable pick for the winner (gives me a headache).    Not that the ccchs faithful mind (lol), missed them the last couple of days after the loss.  I'm going to end this headache and pick ccchs by 6 just because they will be at home and rejuvinated with johnsons return.  Suprise ccchs faithful I went with you this game.  By the way where is cougarman84 haven't seen him in forever, have you been banned by wells from posting?

825733306[/snapback]

no JKar I have not been banned just forgot my password I couldn't get logged on.

Well the season is underway and the cougars are 0-2...Chris johnson has only played 1 half of football this season, the good thing is he will be back this week, It makes a big difference when you have your all state tailback back. the offense will be much improved and the defense is improving also.

will post more later :thumb:

Yes, Shivy would have a lot more yards. I agree completely with you statement that "mixing it up" will provide more opportunities for whoever is carrying the ball. I was really impressed with the play calling last week, however, Shivy didn't have that luxury last year.

What happened on the defense? I know we lost alot of last years starters and that our defense is young. I know the West offense is strong but we seemed out of place all night. I was Smoot's biggest fan last year. We looked unprepared and unmotivated. Is Smoot still in charge of the defense? Maybe he can put it together for CC, we will have fresh film.

825733238[/snapback]

The longest run of the night by any JCHS player was 12 -15 yards.

The defense just met a more dominant offense and got pounded. JCHS had 8 to 9 people in the box and went man. West just pounded it down Jeff's throat and made them like it.

The longest run of the night by any JCHS player was 12 -15 yards.

The defense just met a more dominant offense and got pounded.  JCHS had 8 to 9 people in the box and went man.  West just pounded it down Jeff's throat and made them like it.

825735582[/snapback]

bumpity bump...go COUGARS!!!

CC will win this one!!! and possible go on a three game win streak with Clinton and Onion County coming up on teh horizon!!!