bleachercoach

Well, I was wrong on the outcome, but correct on the fumbles. Hats off to the Kingston def. on the goal line stand. But, why in the world were all 4 plays right up the middle? Was coach Tapp determined that he was going to show Kingston that he could run up the middle. Kingston had 8 in the box for all 4 downs. Harriman had the outside for quick pitches, sweeps, mis-matches on the receivers. Big momentum change. Harriman scores, possibly a different game. Little surprised that Harriman didn't go to the air more early. Pass, or no pass, Kingston had a tough time containing Goins. Questionable game plan on Tapps part.

Now, Kingston. Fumbles, fumbles, fumbles. Give Vic credit, he's loyal. Most coaches would have pulled the Johnson kid after at least the 2nd fumble. You can use the excuse of "1st game mistakes". That ain't going to fly! The kid probably averaged 2 fumbles a game last year. It looked like to me that Kingston had a few other kids that can run hard, and, hold on to the ball. I don't care how many yards he is gaining for you, if the possession ends in a fumble, those yards have done you no good. Stop being hard headed Vic. What about those 10 others on the field? Don't they deserve that same loyalty?

Harriman- much improved and will dominate their region next season.

Kingston- one dimensional. Hard headed, selffish coach, that has the talent to have that "special" team he has eluded to, but will be too stubburn for them to be successful.

You Harriman fans can say what you want. When the word was out that Johnson was coming to Harriman to live with his mom,you all were jumpin up and down for joy. The fact that the score was 28-0 at the end just shows how "BAD" Kingston could have really beaten that Harriman team. He kept them in the game but he also put them away. Quit coming down on these boys and GROW UP. Chad's been carrying Kingston since his sophmore year. I dont think it 'sstupid or selfish. I think its Respect. That game only shows that there is someone capable of filling in where chad left off. Thats something he's been needing for awhile. Most of his fumbles were 2nd effort. Any coach who sees that just tries to calm his player down. Did Moffit come out of the Rockwood /Midway game? No so quit coming down on these kids and lift them up. As for BIG CAT 1 ...O.S is still a pushover and the Johnson/Givens/King/Adams offense will give them all they want. Harriman you guys showed alot of heart...Take it 1 game at a time and you'll find yourself in the state play-offs. GOOD LUCK

You Harriman fans can say what you want. When the word was out that Johnson was coming to Harriman to live with his mom,you all were jumpin up and down for joy. The fact that the score was 28-0 at the end just shows how "BAD" Kingston could have really beaten that Harriman team. He kept them in the game  but he also put them away. Quit coming down on these boys and GROW UP. Chad's been carrying Kingston since his sophmore year. I dont think it 'sstupid or selfish. I think its Respect. That game only shows that there is someone capable of filling in where chad left off. Thats something he's been needing for awhile. Most of his fumbles were 2nd effort. Any coach who sees that just tries to calm his player down. Did Moffit come out of the Rockwood /Midway game? No  so quit coming down on these kids and lift them up. As for BIG CAT 1 ...O.S is still a pushover and the Johnson/Givens/King/Adams offense will give them all they want. Harriman you guys showed alot of heart...Take it 1 game at a time and you'll find yourself in the state play-offs. GOOD LUCK

825729521[/snapback]

You can believe that and continue to live in your fantasy world, the rest of us know better.

Too bad Kingston has no class!

Edited by BigCat1

The game was close until the end of the 3rd, Kingston played a good game but so did Harriman. when kingston had the "Goal Line Stand" was the momentum shifter im not lookin for an excuse on while we lost but home cookin sure kicked in. Chatman was in the end-zone not once, but twice. and the refs pushed him back. Kingston had some late hits on Goins that was pathetic. But Kingston played good and much respect to Johnson, he had a few bad plays but he kept his head up. If Harriman was to score 1st they would have won the game, that is my personal opinion. And people on here are talkin about Harriman next year?? The season just started watch out for us this year.were gonna be in the play-offs and we will beat rockwood!!!!!

Good Game Kingston

LittleCat, I don't know what you are talking about class? The last score was by a sophmore, Terrance Murphy,yea #27 was a sophmore and that was the second team...Harriman is VERY good..but Kingston is very good to. Just like in the scrimmages. It took Kingston 2 much time to get rolling but they did and thats what counts. I don't care if u win by 1 or 100. a W is a W. Harriman will very easily be 9-1 or 8-2 going into the playoffs. The worst case will be 7-3 and thats if they lose to rockwood.

Tmoney you better learn a little football, Kingston with Johnson fumbling all over the place and he will fumble quite a few more times in every game will be lucky to be a .500 club. The Johnson kid averages 3 fumbles per game and it won't change till he's replaced. Now you can name call all you want but facts are facts. Johnson would be at Harriman if his dad didn't cry to Kingston's HC and get Kingston's HC to promise him the offense to be built around his son. Why did Kingston's HC call him at work on the day before enrollment and everything changed? Seems to me Kingston's HC placated a whiney father and it almost cost him the ball game Friday night. Kingston goes on the road and turns the ball over 5 times and they'll get a big L because they will not have home cooking refs and calling TD's after the game is over to show how classy they are. Why throw a bomb with 3 minutes left in the game up 21-0? Nothing else but showing how much class that teams has by running up the score. The best back Kingston has and the best chance for them to get to the play-offs are with Zeilger. He at least can hold onto the ball.

Edited by BigCat1

actually since you know SO much about him. His MOTHER was gonna bring him to Harriman. Him and his dad wasn't getting along and he was goin to live with his mom,who lives in harriman, and she was going to enroll him in Harriman. His dad called and told coach King about it. it wasn't a whine. the offense was built around him last year. why do u think he had 1350 rushing yards. She didn't like the scrimmage against Beaden and she wanted him to go to harriman or not play at all. Why would he live with his mom and drive back and forth to Kingston everyday. It would cost WAY to much money when he could go to Harriman and either play or not. The fact is that he and his dad wasnt getting along. he was gonna goto Harriman even if he couldn't play and his dad called coach king and told him the situation. It was out of chad's hands it was simply a custody dipute. It had NOTHING 2 do with Sports. He wouldn't have been able to play anyway.

"Chad's been carrying Kingston since his sophmore year." B)

Wow!! If TMoney2006 is who I think he is, I'm very disappointed in you for making that statement on this forum, knowing that it will get back to Chad's teammates. This team has a great opportunity to be a very good team, TEAM. But these kind of statements show individualism and this team won't be successful this year with that kind of attitude. Is Chad a great asset to the Kingston team? Absolutely! But, so are many others. This group is a very close knit group and plays well together, let's not destroy that by making comments that can tear a team apart.

Bleachercoach, your an idiot! While some of your opinions may be valid, you continue to blast coaching decisions on this forum. Find a new hobbie!

Good luck to all the county teams this year!

Chris Adams

I saw Harriman play against Monterey and was really impressed with their speed. Kingston must really be a good team to keep Harriman out of the end zone. Looks like Kingston and LA will have a real head banger next week. LA lost to Trousdale Co. last night 14 to 12 and will prove to be a good warm up game to start their season in region 2 -3A. Kingston will IMO have their hands full trying to stop Cates and Co. They totally controlled the game against TC but the kicking game broke their back. Should be a real good game next week.

Announcements