Lebanon @ Lavergne:

fballjunkie06

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yall ppl kill me bad mouthin lebanon on here and i want to say a couple of things.

first i love lebanon and everything about it coach brown and his staff are not only the best coaches but also great ppl and i was blessed to play for them for 2 years and coach brown would do anyting for his players and ppl who played for him would back me up on this. and lebanon has rarely had any transfers come in and if they did theyve never played. and i know lebanon has been in trouble in the past(stealing) but thats not on the coaches thats the players fault. so dont you dare bad mouth my coaches when you dont know the ppl they really are.

I saw lavergne vs smyrna  and if lebanon takes care of the ball they should win this one. i think tribble should have a good game and look for gaines to run the ball well and should have more than 120 yards rushing. and the defense should hold them to a big fat goose egg.

825733982[/snapback]

players stole and vandalized 2 region schools . it was the coaches fault becuz they r responsible 4 the facilites they visit & keepin them clean & the way they were when lebanon came in2 them. so they didnt do their job. if they had checked the facility be4 they left. they would have seen there was destruction and mayb could have seen that kids stole stuff. now i know u will give me the sad song about brown taking in a troubled kid that started all that. but that makes it worse. he knew the kid was bad so he definitely should have watched him closely. so if they had done their job at least 1 school wouldnt have gotten messed up.

yall ppl kill me bad mouthin lebanon on here and i want to say a couple of things.

first i love lebanon and everything about it coach brown and his staff are not only the best coaches but also great ppl and i was blessed to play for them for 2 years and coach brown would do anyting for his players and ppl who played for him would back me up on this. and lebanon has rarely had any transfers come in and if they did theyve never played. and i know lebanon has been in trouble in the past(stealing) but thats not on the coaches thats the players fault. so dont you dare bad mouth my coaches when you dont know the ppl they really are.

825733982[/snapback]

Wow, I don't think there needs to be a rebuttal to this. It speaks for itself. YIKES! :(

the way lebanon played vs. gallatin was terrible. way too many misteaks. it reminded me of the way lavergne played smyrna. gallatin didnt have it all together(like smyrna) and lebanon didnt capitalize(like lavergne). plus the laugh of the night in gallatin was the blue devil punter on the blocked punt. ha ha ha ha ha.......he stood there for a few seconds, then ran away from the gallatin defense as they scooped and scored it. though 69 and 71 are terrifying, the blue devil QB isnt very good. so i'm taking lavergne by seven. they are 2 games into the season already, and have a potential. theyre 28-0 win to centennial was their first shut-out in ten years. from what i hear they are hungry. LVHS by 7

Joe Moos, who was a former Mr Football candidate from Riverdale, left Siegel for the greener pastures at Lavergne. He played for Watson at RHS and coached at Siegel 2 yrs.

Why wasn't the coach from Lebanon not hired back that went to lavergne? Was he any relation to your QB a yr or so ago with the same name? I had also heard that another coach left from there as well. I forgot where he went tho...it was  a small school I think.

825733867[/snapback]

I asked coach grooms at lavergne's practice today if he was related to the QB and it is his cousin. He had the privelage to coach him for 2 years. His cousin went to Tenn Tech. Coach Grooms also graduated from Lebanon in 1989, the Medley years. Why would Lebanon not rehire one of their own alumni back? He doesn't know why they didn't because nobody will give him a straight answer. Why would you have a shake up in the coaching staff after the team went 8-2 and got a home playoff game since 95-96? Something is shady in Lebanon when you let one of your good coaches go without a reason. All I can say is thank you Lebanon for the blessing. Coach Grooms is a good coach and I can see the difference he is making with our teams, varsity and freshmen.

At first I picked Lebanon to win because of the battle in the trenches. I know I know, I should of picked our boys in the beginning. I didn't think our boys could match up with the strongest team in Region 4-5A. Our boys have improved yes but the strength factor might be a factor, however, our guys have showed that you better be in superior shape to stop the spread and no huddle. After watching Coach Moos and Grooms do what they do with the oline and dline now, Lavergne might have a shot at winning. My prediction was solely based on last years match up. Lavergne got their butts handed to them by Lebanon's line last year. But Lebanon lost all starters on the oline from last year and I'm told they aren't as good as last years line. They are a inexperienced line so I will pick Lavergne to win by 3.

I keep hearing about how strong Lebanon's linemen are, I will have to take the word of some posters on here that it is true. The more important question though, is, does the linemen know how to properly use their strength on the field? I don't know how many linemen Lebanon lost last year but if they are inexperienced, as I have read on here, then I have to wonder how much good the strength does for them. I guess it will all be answered this Friday night at Freedom Field. I know that Lebanon used LaVergne as a door mat last year but not this year, I'm thinking Lebanon does not have the stamina for the no-huddle offense and the strength does you no good when you are worn out and exhausted. LaVergne by 10 :D

:D  :D  :) "Lebanon has tons of Potential"  that sounds like coachspeak for wait till next year!!!  Problem is the blue devils are 0-1 with 9 weeks left in this season.  I'll take LaVergne in this battle for cellar dwellars!  Nice showing last week football man but just not enough talent on the blue's sideline!  Still the 3rd best team in the county!!!

825731860[/snapback]

Boy is someone angry at the Blue Devils!!! They out played the greenwave, just a few mental mistakes cost them that game. If memory serves me right, the Blue Devils lost their first game the last 2 years and made the playoffs. Last year they went 8-2 regular season and should have beat those bears from Antioch.

About the coaches from lebanon,I'm one of only three coaches left over from the "Moose" era. Moose was a great coach and so is Brown. I've learned a lot from both and respect both. I don't like people who talk about other coaches without knowing them first. I doubt many of you know Brown. As far as baseball, leave it to the baseball boards.

I will go with my Blue Devils, but I understand Lavergne has improved and do have a good friend of mine on staff now. I wish him the best of luck also.

Boy is someone angry at the Blue Devils!!!  They out played the greenwave, just a few mental mistakes cost them that game.  If memory serves me right, the Blue Devils lost their first game the last 2 years and made the playoffs.  Last year they went 8-2 regular season and should have beat those bears from Antioch

About the coaches from lebanon,I'm one of only three coaches left over from the "Moose" era.  Moose was a great coach and so is Brown.  I've learned a lot from both and respect both.  I don't like people who talk about other coaches without knowing them first.  I doubt many of you know Brown.  As far as baseball, leave it to the baseball boards.

I will go with my Blue Devils, but I understand Lavergne has improved and do have a good friend of mine on staff now.  I wish him the best of luck also.

825734461[/snapback]

So you're a football coach at LHS. Well is it true what these guys are saying about coaches not supporting other sports at LHS???

When I post I support "ALL" sports at LHS from Volleyball to Softball to Football. I hope these guys are wrong about persuading kids to play one sport and focus on that sport. LHS will not be successful if this is the case. You guys have to support each other and encourage your kids to play any sport they wish. Still I want to know from you if what these guys are saying is true?

Coach Brown doesn't dicourage the boys not to play other sports. Heck he tells them how he played all 3 in school. He has had several guys that play basket ball and a few base ballers. He doesn't try to keep the kids from other sports. I never said Lebanon was great and all mighty. I just said we were better than what ya'll say. And the kids don't deserve to have their team trashed on here. Brown had nothing to do with Coach Grooms leaving. Keep Brown's name and Lebanon out your mouth. Grow up and leave the kids alone. My Paw Paw told me if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all. We ain't on here trashing other schools. Every one has done something wrong sometime or another. Kids make miistakes. That's part off growing up. And why keep trashing CU? You didn't win to many games at MTSU. Bottom line is if Lebanon avoids turn overs they win. If not they don't. Don't hate congratulate! :D