Alcoa & Tennessee

revjj1

all classes Maryville presently has 13 players impacting college teams in some way

FBEmeritus, just curious who are the 13 and where are they at. It's all ways interesting to hear about local kids playing college football whether it's D1 or smaller, since TN players don't seem to get the respect that other kids from around the country get.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FBEmeritus, just curious who are the 13 and where are they at.  It's all ways interesting to hear about local kids playing college football whether it's D1 or smaller, since TN players don't seem to get the respect that other kids from around the country get.

825735555[/snapback]

My reference is Murphy Fair's High School 2005 guide.

As a Alcoa alumni, 4 year fb player and spectator at Friday nights game, I would like to say let's get on with it. We got our butts handed to us like so many times before. I too was surprised but it happened and that's it. From the way Maryville played and the way Alcoa didn't play, we couldn't of won with two BW's. Maryville has a great team and will do well this year as will Aloca.  Good luck to all the county schools and lets all root them on.

825732275[/snapback]

I agree with you, and even with BW we still would have lost because Reid was totally OUTCOACHED!! So Alcoa could have had T.O. and still got crushed! Reids game plan simply won't beat Maryville's with GQ calling the shots!! ;)

What does Alcoa have in common with the Tennessee football team??  They can't beat their #1 rival.  After watching Maryville play by themselves Friday Night, one conclusion can be made.  The Maryville-Alcoa game has nothing to do with talent, execution or even the players.  It is all mental.

You could tell when Alcoa came on to the field that they were going to lose, no emotion whatsoever.  As an Alcoa alumni it frustrates me to see them play their worse game every year against Maryville

Alot of talk has happened about how "overated" Alcoa is and the talk is warranted b/c of the way Alcoa didn't show up on Friday.  But, next year we'll look at how many D-1 players Alcoa has compared to how many Maryville has.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Warren (the best player in TN) not playing definitely had an impact; not sure if Alcoa would have won but it the game would have been closer because on both sides of the ball, Maryville nor anyone else has a player that can stop Brandon Warren. 

As for 2000, Marvyille making excuses for a loss???????????????  Seems like to Maryville fans they can make excuses but when someone else does it, it becomes unacceptable.  Wilkes wasn't that good any way and Alcoa (who made mistakes in that game as well)  won that game b/c they outplayed Marvyille.

Every year Maryville jumps out on top and Alcoa decides to play mid way through the 3rd quarter. 

Stat of the game is that Lindsey only had 7 carries!!!!!!!!!!  Even so, Duck had 100+ yards and 2 td's, if he had 15-20 carries he may have had 200+ yards.

Bottom line:  Maryville won b/c mental factor and the coaching factor.  Same thing every year, not b/c of superior athletes but b/c of a mental factor.

You think GQ is a good coach???  He is, but if he coached against James Dalton and this Alcoa team it would have been the same result as when Dalton coached Alcoa teams against Maryville in the 80s and 90s:  Alcoa win

825731866[/snapback]

Ok, let me clear my throat....

I'll start backwards here. James Dalton. He is one of my god parents. Known him all my life and know him maybe better than you. He wouldn't beat this MHS team with Alcoa's team this year. Ask Punky, he'll tell you the same thing.

Correction...Alcoa decides to QUIT playing in the 3rd (exceptions to key players who never quit). You need to pay closer attention. Your confusing a scoring flurry at the end for them waking up. Not the case. Ask Duck who he scored all his points and gained all his yards against. Maryville's 2nd and 3rd string. Duck said it best in the papers after the game. Go ask him.

You won't hear me make excuses about 2000...it's almost a mirror image of Alcoa's situation with Brandon this year and you've already made excuses for aloca this year above in your post...but I won't do that for us...even though we had FOUR starters out in 2000. What a hypocrite.

Speaking of which, Brandon would have accounted for one, maybe two extra TD's...what would that have made the final score...do the math. Douglas would have handled Warren like he handled Sykes and every other DE Alcoa has. A little less successfully, but well enough. By the way, Douglas is a sophomore transfer.

I'm sure your mad now. Didn't mean to do that, but you need to re-read your post and think about the inaccuracies and hypocricies within it.... :thumb:

Also, don't compare the problems at UT to the p[roblems at Alcoa. You have a great bunch of kids at Alcoa. SUPPORT THEM!!!

Go Tornadoes! :thumb:

Edited by Rebel Nation