Huntingdon v/s Westview at Westview

MB77

Well I parked by the field today before I went to class and the filed looked green as can be. My roommate is a lineman for Martin and says the field will be good to go for their game Thursday night. Don't know what will be left by the time Westview and Huntingdon get on it. UTM is trying to gather the funds to put in the new grass turf which would benefit both UTM and Westview.

825733779[/snapback]

Thanks.... I really didn't want to watch this game in a mud bowl. I know Westview and Milan played in the mud last year and I heard it was bad.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camden very well could have matched up better with Huntingdon, however; Westview beat Camden by 18 while Huntingdon beat them by 19.

There is no question that Westview is more experienced on the line than Huntingdon and I believe that made a difference early in the game but it was easy to see that the team Camden played in the second half was not the same team they played in the first half. Huntingdon's line has a lot of on the job training to do but just keep in mind they are getting better with every snap of the ball.

Scary ain't it!!!!!!!

Edited by stangfan

I like starting stuff! :(

Westview is the most hated high school in West Tennessee. Dont blame me. Why.... I dont know why.... well I take that back. Maybe it's because they are kinda like their host college......same program, same plays, same hype, and never seem to win. (Well Sometimes every ten years!) :( and when they do all we hear from both programs in West Tennessee is " Our program is the cream of the crop this year" "We have done plenty of work to our facilities" "we are returning many players from last years team" BLAH BLAH BLAH. You know those type of things!

Big games roll around and guess what happens......yep FAILURE! No more Jackson Sun articles and your 1 page hometown paper has nothing more to talk about. (just your ragged football field and how it ruined some kids career because he tried to make a cut and tore his knee up) and Martin is the same ole Martin again. So think about it What will It take for Westview to be recognized as a TRUE West Tennessee football team? Beating Huntingdon? Nope. Getting a new Field? Nope How about returning 50 players to the 2005 roster? Nope

Answer is...... Winning and TRADITION!

IF you beat the MUSTANGS Friday youve only made the paper again and the majority of the article will be about your field and The Mustangs. Cause the reporters, TV crew and your hometown fans already know the rest of the story!

Same song just a different tune! ;) ENCORE..... ENCORE :(

GO STANGS!!!!

Well said Catfish-Hunter.

GO back and look at the last 5 seasons and see who has gotten it done in November and Huntingdon is right there in the hunt every year.  Gone to the big dance 3 times since 1999.  Been pretty close in the other years also.  The Stangs are no fluke and are sure not Cinderella.  Regardless of the outcome of this weekend's game the real test will come in November. 

I like our chances in November better than Westviews right now. Our Juniors and Seniors have played in two state champ games already, that is a lot of experience to reach back for when it comes playoff time.  You know what they say, nothing takes the place of experience :D

GO MUSTANGS

825733748[/snapback]

Welcome to region 7....there are no cupcakes like that old region ya'll had! Just exactly what powerhouse did Huntingdon have to beat before the semi finals from 00-04? Heck, McKenzie!!!! WOW, basically the Carroll Co Champions!

Huntingdon is the best until they are beaten, but they haven't played week in and week out the schedules that region 7 has played. Yes, they played Westview and Milan every year, but normally didn't win both of those games!!!

Guy. rushed for 230 yds. on a wet field last week. I don't think Huntingdon has what it takes to stop Guy. I also feel that Boo and Chris are unstoppable together. Three AMAZING 2-A backs going in the same stadium. If I wasn't going to Crockett County to shock some people, I would be in Martin. This is going to be a heck of a game, and I'm calling for a Westview victory 31-35.