fuel and football

free4only1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theirs plenty of fuel, ever since Katrina, all their doing now is price gougeing, and as far as i can see its gonna stay that way, and schools will suffer because noones doing nothing about it. Fuel takes months to get in, refined, and distributed. And gas going up 40 cents, 2 days after is the hurricane is insane. But im sure their will be games that get cancelled because schools cant afford the gas it costs. (especially small private schools).

Last night gas was 2.45 this morning at 8 am it was 2.63 at 430pm my friend called to tell me it was 2.99 at 630 pm my husband called from work to tell me they were taking turns to go fill up their tanks at 3.30 By 8pm we football moms have arranged carpools to this weeks games and it looks like that is how it is going to be from now on. The money that could have been sent for Katrina victims will now be saved to get to work.

I think in the larger metro areas it's not going to be that big a deterrent. Because almost all of their opponents live within a certain radius of that particular town.

But the school systems that are going to be affected the most are the ones that live in the rural areas and have to travel 1-2 hours just to play a region game.

A good example is Livingston Academy....just north of Cookeville, TN. Their region consists of 6 teams in the Knoxville area, and they have to play 3 of those games on the road. One of those road games is in Scott Co. I don't want to bad-mouth the Scott Co fans, but that place is about 45 minutes to an hour north of Knoxville and in the middle of nowhere.

I'm sure there are other teams that may struggle with fuel costs, but this was the first school that came to mind.

i work in an environment where the price of diesel decides how many truck drivers use our system. its getting kinda panicky because many areas in the south are running out of diesel. i was just hopeing this was not the same with gas. i do know that there is a shortage, simply because it cannot be shipped from the louisana coast. that creats a big problem for us. people say all this is happening because no one is doing anything to stop it. well what are we supose to do, we cant boycott gasoline simply because one of the resources our country cannot live without. all i can say is fill up all ya gas containers cause you never know when your gonna need it, we could run out tomorrow. that or look into buying a moped lol.

I think in the larger metro areas it's not going to be that big a deterrent.  Because almost all of their opponents live within a certain radius of that particular town. 

But the school systems that are going to be affected the most are the ones that live in the rural areas and have to travel 1-2 hours just to play a region game. 

A good example is Livingston Academy....just north of Cookeville, TN.  Their region consists of 6 teams in the Knoxville area, and they have to play 3 of those games on the road.  One of those road games is in Scott Co.  I don't want to bad-mouth the Scott Co fans, but that place is about 45 minutes to an hour north of Knoxville and in the middle of nowhere.

I'm sure there are other teams that may struggle with fuel costs, but this was the first school that came to mind.

825735493[/snapback]

Take a look at Region 3 3A. A great example is Tellico Plains coming to Grundy this week. The road trips are a nightmare. And just think when basketball rolls around. Basketball doesn't make the same money but has to have a bus for all those road trips.

This is getting out of hand. My sales are way down on pictures and I believe it's all about gas prices. I'm going to have to start charging a fee just to show up to any event I don't have to be at anyway. That's not the way I want to do business.

Del.

i seriously doubt that schools will start rationing gas. the gas we're buying now, the gas companies paid for back in june. while we may never drop below 2.50 again gas will go down from 3.30. it's honestly not like we're going to run out of gas in two weeks because of this hurricane. all the gas companies are doing right now is making us pay more so they won't lose money when the gas they should be getting over the next few months is less than normal or maybe doesn't get there till a later date.