Murfreesboro Refugees

warriordawg31

at the riverdale blackman game student council from each school is taking up money.. make sure you put the money in the riverdale bucket :lol: so we can win the contest.. haha.. i hope we receive a lot of money.. if everyone just donates one dollar we will do great.. thanks guys

did you guys see warrick dunn of the falcons challenge all the NFL players to donate atleast $5000.. what a great guy.. well hope everyone has a great night

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a thought for those of you with shelters in your town. If there are people there, try to get 'em to go with you to a game this Friday night (pay their way). It'll be a good couple hours for 'em to forget about what's going on. I don't really know if the Red Cross would let you, but it's just something that crossed my mind.

825735377[/snapback]

We have a family staying with us from Long Beach, MS. We have been vacationing there and our son became friends with their son. They were able to leave yesterday and arrived last night. My son plays for Independence and they are going to the game with us. Everyone needs to do something to help in whatever way they can.

West TN relief efforts are abound...Here's just one that I've gotten all the details on. Also, there's a shelter at West Jackson Baptist Church and they need volunteers. Homes are also needed for families to be taken into. I'll see if I can find a number for that.

West TN Healthcare, Kroger, Milan Express, The Rocket(102.3), and WBBJ TV have teamed up and have placed a Milan Express truck at the University Parkway Kroger location.

They're taking bottled water and monetary donations only. They'll be there for about a week. If you would rather send money, call the Red Cross at 1-800-HELP NOW.

As of 10pm tonight, the 1st Milan Express truck had been filled, a 2nd had been filled, they were both sent and now they're working on a 3rd. (The 1st truck was filled within 24 hrs! AMAZING!)