The South Doyle Cherokees

Peter North

It is at an all time low at South Doyle. I really wish we could just be competative. WE are always out of the game before halftime. Thankfully will still get to play Gibbs and Clinton - I hope we are not as bad as them. Unfortunealy, we still have to play Central, Maryville, Halls, and Powell.

But, like last night, I am still proudly carrying the flag for the SD Cherokees who are 1 - 21 over the last 3 years! At least this week the students stayed through halftime.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know the prospects....but they could be good if they would play as a TEAM and show some heart instead of givin up on plays early.....even if u arent good...HEART can take u a long ways....too bad heart is tough to teach....u just gotta have that one player that can make the team believe and play with all theyve got for 48 minutes.....evidentally....no one is stepping up and being that player....id love to see it happen

I know it is easier said than done, but give this Coaching Staff a couple of years. The athletes are there, but the staff is having to work on team chemistry. Which is a very hard thing to do.

The last guy was not the guy I would want coaching anywhere.

Hutchins and his staff will turn this team around, but they need some time.

No Heart. The Cherokee football players have heart, it's just broken. Thanks to all of Clark Duncans admistrative skills, SD has done nothing but go down since Powell got rid of him. They say the Coaches need more time ?? How much time do they need they've had 3 years!! They don't know how to coach. With every game they are slowly killing South Doyle Football. I have not missed a game since they have been here. It is heart breaking to see the faces of the players when they leave the field time after time with a lose. They practice constantly, and they still can't win. The coaches blame it on the boys, and boys blame it on the coaches, but the fact is the blame lies with Clark Duncan. The coaches are too young and inexperienced, and are unable to give the players what they need. They don't realize what how they are affecting the futures of these boys. What college is going to give a SD player a second look? Somebody needs to come in and clean house at SD. Starting with Clark Duncan. Then the coaching staff, and then maybe some of the players. The sit on the benches on the side lines and talk to girls, they aren't paying attention

some of the players that are injured walk around not dressed out with their cracks hanging out, the language coming from the coaches is horrible, and our QB is the best player the other team has. When is someone going to take this program over and give us a chance

IMO, Here are the players on SD.

RB #2 -Mike Stevenson (Nice speed. Needs to work on running North/South. I know, Its hard to do when you have a below avg. offensive line)

RB #6 Orlando Lightfoot (Injured)

LB #5 Derek Wilcox (Injured)

Young Kids who impressed me.

WR #81 Chris Tames (Wasn't he a starter for Heritage High last year before his family moved? If I'm wrong about this I apologize in advance. Now he sits on the bench. He played Special Teams last night. Finally got in the game at WR with 1:21 to go in the game. I think Chris is a JR, could be So.)

RB #43 Rylie Goddard (Speed Kills. They put him in the 4th QTR with less than 4 mins I think. Made people miss, got to the outside and took off. I think Rylie is a FR.)

Sitting on the sidelines watching this game was hard for me. I walked around at halftime and saw a bunch of kids who "looked" bigger and stronger than most on the team. I asked some why they didn't play football. I got a varitity of answers. "Look at them! I don't want to be a part of that!" Some others talked bad about the coaching staff. I won't comment on that due to I really don't know the coaching staff myself. I tried to talk to them and they snubbed me. I left messages and they never returned them. I've been following the cherokees now for only 2 years. I don't have a good first impression of the coaching staff. Also at halftime they introduced the middle school football team and stated they (if I remember correct) are a 3 time defending champions? How can you have a awesome middle school team and a bad high school team? Are the kids playing football when they get to high school?

S-D Football