The South Doyle Cherokees

Peter North

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the problem at alot of schools, guys that could really help the program out aren't playing for whatever reason. Unless Mr. baseball is a D1 prospect he could help the team alot more by playing than supporting them in stands. So many kids are choosing to specialize in one sport because somewhere along the way someone snows them into thinking they are going to be great at that one sport. What ends up happening most of the time is the kid just misses out on alot of memories they could have by playing other sports. I don't know this kid, so I can't speak for him or against him but I've seen it so many times. Most of these kids if they are that good would get the same scholarship they will receive even if they played many sports. Also alot of kids choose to work instead of playing ball so they can drive nice cars, ect... You've got the rest of your life to work. Even if it means not having a car the memories you make and the character that is built through sports will far outweigh getting to drive a nice car at a younger age. Get out there and support your teams by playing, not yelling in the stands!!!!!

ya know ol johnny, you make a great point. we do have a lot of talented athletes at our school who could probably support the team greatly, but a lot of these great athletes ARE D1 bound prospects in other sports. and i dont really know about you, but i think id rather stay off the football field in that case buddy. a lot of us have good things going for us and i really dont see a need to take a risk in seriously injuring ourselves just to help support our school. they probably dont want to play football either, ever think of that? sitting in the student section is much more fun too, body painting and screaming til you pass out...just cant beat that man. maybe you didnt do that in highschool and just dont understand. and by the way, i enjoy driving a nice car, i think that would be a better memory than playing high school football.

:unsure:

Numerouno, I'm not talking about language. I'm talking about...other things...that would probably be edited out later if I posted them so I won't. Just know that I would not want my child around Swafford.

I guess you are talking about false rumors that went around the community. You can not always believe everything you hear. But thats fine, you have your opinion whether its the same as mine or not its your opinion and i respect that, but swafford would do anything for those kids , parents just cant look past some stupid rumors they hear.

As a South-Doyle student, one with his shirt off, I believe that Charlie 5's comments are getting to be pretty ridiculous. He obviously has little knowledge of the game or program. I have not seemed to notice the language that you speek of coming from the student section. Maybe you should concentrate on the game and your beliefs instead of sitting close enough to the student section to hear a word everyonce and awhile. Why would you bring the area you live in into this conversation? Just because you may be the basic trailor trash that you speak of does not mean the majority of the South Knoxville residents are. The spirit in the school and in the stands seems to be at an all-time high to me. Yes, some of our students did rush the field early, but maybe that just symbolizes the excitement that has been built up since the last win. We have always been there and will always be there to support our team. If you are so down on the school and town, why do you manage to show up for games? Try staying at home next Friday night. I definately believe the spirit will not suffer too badly without you. Oh, the outfits and cheering do help to build excitement in the game. It helps to build adrenaline and excitement in the game. Maybe you should move. Just a thought though. Oh and by the way, call the numbers that were on our backs last game if you have a problem. I am sure we, especially me, would be happy to address your concerns. Thanks for your time!

As a South-Doyle student, one with his shirt off, I believe that Charlie 5's comments are getting to be pretty ridiculous. He obviously has little knowledge of the game or program. I have not seemed to notice the language that you speek of coming from the student section. Maybe you should concentrate on the game and your beliefs instead of sitting close enough to the student section to hear a word everyonce and awhile. Why would you bring the area you live in into this conversation? Just because you may be the basic trailor trash that you speak of does not mean the majority of the South Knoxville residents are. The spirit in the school and in the stands seems to be at an all-time high to me. Yes, some of our students did rush the field early, but maybe that just symbolizes the excitement that has been built up since the last win. We have always been there and will always be there to support our team. If you are so down on the school and town, why do you manage to show up for games? Try staying at home next Friday night. I definately believe the spirit will not suffer too badly without you. Oh, the outfits and cheering do help to build excitement in the game. It helps to build adrenaline and excitement in the game. Maybe you should move. Just a thought though. Oh and by the way, call the numbers that were on our backs last game if you have a problem. I am sure we, especially me, would be happy to address your concerns. Thanks for your time!

hahah, well said man, well said. but yeah...occasionally foul language MAY come from the student section, but thats just simply to make fun of the other team or the refs. nothin wrong with all that. we just have to have spirit thats all there is to it. it was a little preimptive of our fans to rush the field twice before the game was over but the girls in the student section just apparently dont understand that football doesnt end until the clock reaches 0.0. i have an idea who this guy is that posted this, but yes, if you have any problems with our student section or choice of words that we use....feel free to call the numbers on our backs, we should be there every week up on the front row. :unsure:

It seems to me the reason that you are getting all worked up over this is because you are the one who is living in a van down by the river. If i were you next time i would go sit next to your mom and be a good little boy.

Edited by TheTimeIsNow

It seems to me the reason that you are getting all worked up over this is because you are the one who is living in a van down by the river. If i were you next time i would go sit next to your mom and be a good little boy.

Don't call people out when you are not involved in the argument and you have no idea what you're talking about. Agreed to Sdplaya7. SD comes out strong against Gibbs with momentum and takes it to the house.