The South Doyle Cherokees

Peter North

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just say one more time the problem at SD is the AD.  If he was so loved at Powell, and respected and a wonderful legendary person why did he leave ?  If he is so committed to SD why does he have all of his Powell stuff decorating his office.  Would you take pictures of your x wife into the bedroom of you new wife ? When he had Swafford fired did he have a meeting with parents, with players, with anybody no he just fired him.  Clark cares about nothing  but his hair, teeth, and tan.  I know Clark doesn't make the calls on the field, but he hired the ones that do.  I don't fault the coaches, they don't know what to do.  The boys on the team are so frustrated, and down it is pitiful.  They are made fun of at school, and some are even ashamed to say they play on the time.  School spirit is terrible.  Since Clark has been at SD things have gone down hill.  Powell you know you want him back, I'll be glad to give him a ride out there !!

825749744[/snapback]

The program has been in decline since Don Warde left.

Let me just say one more time the problem at SD is the AD.  If he was so loved at Powell, and respected and a wonderful legendary person why did he leave ?  If he is so committed to SD why does he have all of his Powell stuff decorating his office.  Would you take pictures of your x wife into the bedroom of you new wife ? When he had Swafford fired did he have a meeting with parents, with players, with anybody no he just fired him.  Clark cares about nothing  but his hair, teeth, and tan.  I know Clark doesn't make the calls on the field, but he hired the ones that do.  I don't fault the coaches, they don't know what to do.  The boys on the team are so frustrated, and down it is pitiful.  They are made fun of at school, and some are even ashamed to say they play on the time.  School spirit is terrible.  Since Clark has been at SD things have gone down hill.  Powell you know you want him back, I'll be glad to give him a ride out there !!

825749744[/snapback]

The program has been in decline since Don Warde left.

My apology to Coach Hutchins.

It appears he never got the messages I left for him the times I went to the school and he wasn't there. I left messages on the # they gave me but I may have written the wrong # down. I assumed he was the type of coach who didn't care and left it as that. I never persued it to see if he actually got my messages. That was my fault not his. I received a Email from him tonight. So please accept my apology.

Thanks,

Mobry

Hey Very Sexy - just how sexy are you, I am Peter North you know. I am a student of yours and I know who you are, I will be waving the flag tommorrow night at the game as the Cherokees slay the Dragons for just their 2nd win in 3 seasons. The Dragons don't stand a chance, the Cherokees with theor 3 D-1 players are going all the way.

BTW - I talked to Coach Duncan and he said he would giv eme updates on the Powell vs. Maryville football game, b/c we all know that his th game he is really interested in!

Go Kees - Rock the House - Very Sexy I will see you in the cafeteria tommorrow hanging with the freshman!

SD RULES!

Oh yea he had alot of class, especially when he walked off of the field @ McMinn Co. without shakeing their hands @ the end of the game. Maybe he was a good guy but that showed me he was a poor loser.

825751653[/snapback]

Hey TribeFan,

Let's set the record straight...It was not Coach Don Ward who walked off the field at McMinn Co.etc. that was the infamous Swaffy. Do not ever confuse the two. Coach Ward is a fine man, a great teacher & coach, and a sterling example of sportsmanship. He cared greatly for his players, students, & assistant coaches. In essence he is the kind of coach that others should aspire to become. Coach Ward also took SDHS to the 2nd round of the state play-offs only to be beaten by a perinnial power house Marion County in a close game.

Just so you know.......

Old # 14 :huh:

Met Coach Hutchins for the first time tonight after the victory. Very classy guy. Allowed me to interview him. We chatted for about 10-15 mins overall. For all the posters who say that he is unaproachable or anything like that, I didn't see that in him. I got the sense he cared for his kids and for the program. I even talked to some of the players and they like him. Not one bad word from the players. The parents and fans? Different story. Some people in the stands refused to talk to me after I stated he was a OK guy. What gives? After seeing some games and meeting him in person and seeing how he coaches, I'm with Len. Losers. Give him some time. I think he'll turn things around. Great win tonight coach!!

Charlie 5, a couple things:

First of all, S-D does have school spirit. I don't know where you've been, but over the past few years I see kids dressed up with paint and all kinds of gear, going crazy at football and basketball games. At some away games, I've even noticed that S-D will have a bigger student section on the road than the home team will. I call that school spirit....especially with the record the football team has had over the past few years. I know this year has just begun, but last year saw great support from the students cheering for their team and their friends regardless of the score. Don't try and downgrade the support that is their by students.

Secondly, drugs and violence are in every school these days. What that has to do with football, i'm not completely sure. I guess you just wanted to get your opinions of South Knoxville heard. You may not like the area you live in, but I know many do. This sports board about football isn't a place for you to complain about how you don't like the area. Alot of south-doyle students and graduates are proud of the school they attend or attended, and would not have it differently. Just because you don't like the area doesn't mean you should complain about how bad it is and only point out the bad aspects you see. Many students in the area read these boards and you shouldn't be on here pointing out what you feel is wrong with their school and community. Maybe they enjoy where they live.......many do.

And how do you know how the boys are treated during school. You say the coaches ignore them? That seems odd.

On Doyle and South-Young

Doyle was good at a couple of different times. In the period 1976-1980 3 7+ win seasons 1 6-4 and 1 5-5 but played in old district 3-AAA with Farragut and OR.

Then from 1981 to 1983 3-27 including a 26 game losing streak. In 1984 10-1 district 4-AAA champs lost to OR 21-14 in playoffs. 1985 6-4 missed playoffs.

1986-1990 5-5 seasons with 1 4-6 season. 1991 combined with South-Young.

SY was good first season 1977 after South and Young were combined. Mostly a 3, 4 or 5 win club from 1978-1990.

As SDHS pretty good seasons in 1992 (playing in AA), 1995 and 2001. Other years pretty mediocre 3-4 win seasons mostly. Except for 1992 playing in AA with 1400 students nothing past 1st round of playoffs. In '92 made it to quarter finals I think.

No real tradition at SDHS and digging it out of the hole Swafford put the program in is a tough task. Moving down to 4-A might make more sense money wise but not any sense football wise. SDHS has 1 win and a chance for 1 more with Gibbs.

Still 2 wins would be better than '04's 1 and '03's 0.

Hey "Ballgame"......

I'm a Knox Central fan and we'll be seeing you guys in about a month, but I just wanted to commend you on a great post.

South-Doyle has definitely had some lean years in the past, but in this day and age, especially when kids have so many other options besides sports and school activities, it's good to see that the student body continues to support the athletic programs.....win OR lose.