The South Doyle Cherokees

Peter North

Good point Get Right, I will try to calm down. But it's so frustrating to keep going through this day after day season after season. I have had ties to Doyle for over twenty years, and never have I been ashamed of an admistration, or of the school until Duncan years. I don't blame the current coaches for the problems the team has, they are doing the best they can do. But their best is not good enough. I would like for some of these people that read this to look my son in the face and tell him all the excuses that have been posted. My son only has 4 years of High School and then it's over. High School sports is supposed to be the time of your life. His has not been. We should have known the way Swafford was run out of town there was going to be problems. Did the AD meet with parents, and explain situation, no, did they meet with the boys and explain why their coach was wrongly fired, no, when the boys went to the AD looking for answers did they find them no. is anyone seeing a pattern DUH... Unless you have a child on the team then you have no right to tell us how we are suppose to feel. Where is our School Spirit Squad when we lose, oh yeah, they leave early, sorry the game wasn't exciting enough for you all, or where is the Spirit Squad when were behind, oh they left. Don't you people know they team can tell when your not there. I know one group that stays to the end win or lose, thats the parents. So again I say unless you have a child on the team you can't even begin to tell me how to feel, act or think

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point Get Right, I will try to calm down.  But it's so frustrating to keep going through this day after day season after season.  I have had ties to  Doyle for over twenty years, and never have I been ashamed of an admistration, or of the school until Duncan years.  I don't blame the current coaches for the problems the team has, they are doing the best they can do.  But their best is not good enough.  I would like for some of these people that read this to look  my son in the face and tell him all the excuses that have been posted.  My son only has 4 years of High School and then it's over.  High School sports is supposed to be the time of your life. His has not been.  We should have known the way Swafford was run out of town there was going to be problems.  Did the AD meet with parents, and explain situation, no, did they meet with the boys and explain why their coach was wrongly fired, no, when the boys went to the AD looking for answers did they find them no. is anyone seeing a pattern DUH...  Unless you have a child on the team then you have no right to tell us how we are suppose to feel.  Where is our School Spirit Squad when we lose, oh yeah, they leave early, sorry the game wasn't exciting enough for you all, or where is the Spirit Squad when were behind, oh they left.  Don't you people know they team can tell when your not there.  I know one group that stays to the end win or lose, thats the parents.  So again I say unless you have a child on the team you can't even begin to tell me how to feel, act or think

825756303[/snapback]

I still don't think you can get too mad at the people for leaving when the game isn't close. They are there to have fun and enjoy a game, but if niether of those is satisfied then they have a right to leave. They probably try to find something to do that they will enjoy more. Most pay to enter the game so its their money they're losing.

Also what are some opinions on why the football team can't turn the program around but the basketball team was able to, the baseball team is at the top, and soccer teams are always very competetive. What is the difference in how their programs are run with the same administration?

Ballgame--Well don't tell me what good fans the students are when they leave because they are bored. That shows no school spirit. And the other reasons the other programs are doing well is because Duncan primarily cares about football. Plus I don't believe any of those Coaches have been replaced yearly. I hope Duncan noticed all the empty seats this past Friday night. He could be getting ready to get hit in the pocketbook. Anyway I am still a strong Cherokee Fan and will be for a long time. I am very proud of each and every one of the Boys on the team. I know how hard they work, and how much they work, and I know how they feel win or lose. I will always being in the stands cheering home, away, win or lose. GO CHEROKEES

Charlie 5,

I am not hiding behind some screen name. If you have a problem with the way our football program is being run, then come and talk to me in person, like a "mature adult". If you have concerns about why your son is not playing, come watch practice. I promise you, we play the best we have.

You say you have concerns about the maturity of our staff, yet you come on here and banter back and forth with kids. Not very mature of you, now is it? You also say that Duncan has lied to your son. About what? Coach Duncan is a straight forward guy. You down him because he has Powell stuff in his office. The man built that program from the ground up. He has a right to be proud of it. He has now given me the opportunity to do the same at SD. It is a building process and I feel we took a huge step this past Friday night. Hopefully, we can continue to build this season. I really do not know or care what happened here before, but I assure you, Coach Duncan  wants SD to be successful in all sports, even when they play Powell:ph34r:

Erik Hutchins

Coach, Coacht is not a big fan of posting phone numbers.  One of the features of this site is that all of us remain "some what" anonymous.  We have  no way of checking who you are. I'm sure if anyone needs to contact you, they can do that through the school.  Thanks

You are crazy Hutch. These people do not need to know you are on here. But i like what you say, neighbor.

825756937[/snapback]

Edited by Red81KPsmash

charlie 5.....how do u expect the students to stay when they try to support but arent winning??....students stayed friday becuz the team showed up for FOUR QUARTERS.....not 2 minutes....

825755459[/snapback]

hey chad how about you stick to baseball you sissy. if you think your so good at football and know everything about it then how come your sorry ###### aint out there playing ######

hey chad how about you stick to baseball you sissy. if  you think your so good at football and know everything about it then how come your sorry ###### aint out there playing ######

825757223[/snapback]

when did i say anything bout bein good? all ive done is support the team....and believe me....i will stick to baseball...but keep on playin hard steven and ill keep supportin....and everyone knows it takes 4 quarters to win...thats not cuz i know everything

Edited by bsball4

hold on there coach hutch

with all due respect i have to correct you!

clark duncun did not build powell from the bottom up.. he did take the program over after some losing years

BUT,powell h.s football was succesful for many decades before clark ever arrived

there are more old timers than me that can fill you in on that.

and when clark did WIN he had kelley robertson funneling some great talent thru the middle school program, but thats another story all together!

Coach Hutch, well i wondered if you read these posts, and i glad to know you do. Let me first say i was not sure i was bantering with students, i don't know anyone on coacht. I was just trying to vent my personal feelings about SD administrators, with out causing problems for my son. I feel if i were to confront anymore coaches or the AD my son would get the short end of the stick. I don't personally hold you accountable for any problems at SD i hold the AD or (coach as you call him). I have

talked with the AD and still don't get the answers i need. Excuse me for caring about the High School that my son attends. I'm just a parent trying to get my son an education, and to be able to have a little fun on the field. I'm sorry i have a hard time waiting on the program to rebuild. My son only has 4 years of High school, how long should we wait. Why don't you tell the players who have already graduated, and the future graduates, and the juniors, and the sophomores, and the freshman, and the middle schoolers, etc... how long is it going to TAKE. I'm sorry if i have i have rubbed anybody the wrong way, but I can't help how i feel. it's tough being a parent.

How about this

Since some of you SD fans want a drill Sargent for a coach, and a lot of us Jeff Co fans want a coach that knows what he's doing, how about a switch? Straight up Euverard for Hutchins, you`ll get the discipline you want, we`ll get the winning we want. Now you`ll only have 17 players on the team, but I promise you they`ll be the most disciplined 17 players you`ve ever seen.

Hey Coach Hutch, have you ran the Chinese bandits defense with those SD boys yet like you had us run against DB that time? Who ever said you can`t run a defense with one LB :P

We`d love to have you back on the Jeff Co sidelines btw :lol:

Edited by JC4life