Week 3 Portland at White House

timbdp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info WHDevils97!  I made the trip to watch Porland and White House and was not impressed with the passing game and offense.  My opinion is that the Coaches should feel humiliated with a score like that against Portland and not the players!  I got to asking around and a gentleman told me that the coaches didn't think that #10 had a good enough arm.  Well, what the heck do they think they have now?  :)  Target practice might help a little.  I also found out that this kid  #10 is  a Senior.  What are the Coaches  thinking?  I always say that the stats speak for themselves.  Coach or No Coach, I don't know if I wouldn't attempt to put #10 in for a another try.  At least #10 could run the ball!  AND He couldn't do much worse than what I saw last night or in previous weeks.  So, he is the Middles School Coaches son.  hummmmmm  I wonder how Dad feels watching this kinda thing every Friday night? My heart goes out to WH this year.  :lol:

825745333[/snapback]

ok first off the coaching staff at white house is one of the best in sumner co history so trust me they know what they r doin when they dont start mash over townsend, second of all mash cant throw the ball more then 30 yards and hes not even as accurate as townsend. you say u dont see why townsend is starting but i dont see why mash is playing any offense at all b/c he cant even catch the dang ball(not that any of the other recievers besides ladd have done any better) so as for coach4u10 go back to your little jr pro football team that u coached for however many years and let the GREAT coaches of white house do their job cuz its their judgment of starting someone at qb that has put white house in the playoffs for years straight

Coach Mash....thank you for summing it all up. In fact, your post pretty much should be the end-all of this entire thread. I am guilty of being an armchair QB myself, whether it be for my beloved White House Blue Devils, my Vols, or my Titans.....I get frustrated like anyone else, and like JOhn Dwyer once told Coach Fisher on the Jeff Fisher show, when the Titans were in a slump, "Even though everyone is being so passionate in their criticism, it shows that they care." If no one was on here posting outta frustration, if no one was even talking over the water cooler, then there would be cause for concern. But they are!!! We are whining and complaining, we are being critical, but if someone outside the BDP circle were to criticise our WH coaches, we'd let them have it. We whine because we CARE! And watching the crowd the other night, I saw the stands full of BDP!!!!!

The crowd was on! And in this time in which the politics of the Sumner County Board of Education, and the Robertson County Board of Education, didn't give a rat's hind-end that they were possibly destroying a unified, tight-nit community when they split us down 31-W, I saw the stands of Dewey Whitson Stadium PACKED!!!!

This town loves our Blue Devils, and yes, when we are in a slump we offer our opinion, but it doesn't mean we don't love our team....

Now back to BDP...GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

Edited by Bigwheel11

Thanks for the info WHDevils97!  I made the trip to watch Porland and White House and was not impressed with the passing game and offense.  My opinion is that the Coaches should feel humiliated with a score like that against Portland and not the players!  I got to asking around and a gentleman told me that the coaches didn't think that #10 had a good enough arm.  Well, what the heck do they think they have now?  :angry:  Target practice might help a little.  I also found out that this kid  #10 is  a Senior.  What are the Coaches  thinking?  I always say that the stats speak for themselves.  Coach or No Coach, I don't know if I wouldn't attempt to put #10 in for a another try.  At least #10 could run the ball!  AND He couldn't do much worse than what I saw last night or in previous weeks.  So, he is the Middles School Coaches son.  hummmmmm  I wonder how Dad feels watching this kinda thing every Friday night? My heart goes out to WH this year.  :thumb:

825745333[/snapback]

Target practice might help a little. I also found out that this kid #10 is a Senior. What are the Coaches thinking

IF YOUR SO CALLED HEART GOES OUT THEN WHY WOULD YOU QUESTION THE COACH`S? LAST YEAR 13-1 SEMIES. A LOT OF YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID FOR SAYING THE STUFF YOU SAY! VERY MUCH ARRIGANT. THESE COACH`S GIVE THERE ALL FOR YOUR KID! YOUR KID! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT WHY DONT YOU GO GET A DEGREE AND START COACHING. IF YOU DONT THEN SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!

I find this all very amusing and disturbing. First, year after year, White House is one of the best coached teams in the state regarding both game planning and fundamental football techniques. This is a major reason for their many many years of success. Now they start off 0-3 and all of a sudden these guys can't coach anymore? Second, regarding calling out specific players, coaches or coach/fathers is not fair, especially to the kids. Remember, these are high school kids.

Bottom line: White House football is coached very well. If you have a problem with coaching or players don't complain on a public forum, please go speak with the coach or athletic director.

You are assuming quite a bit WHHS1975, lets set the record straight.  My name is Randal Mash and #10, Ryan is my son.  I am the head coach at White House Middle School starting my 25th season.  I don't need to brag on my son through various posts claiming what he can or can't do using a conspicious name.  To  friends who have asked the  question, "Why isn't Ryan the starting QB this being his senior year?"  The answer to that question is- He doesn't have a strong enough arm and by putting him at Wide Receiver this gives our team a better chance to win.  As a Coach, I understand that you have to put your BEST 11 on the field.  The  decision to start another player at QB was made 4 days before the opening game. It was made late because the Coaches were trying to give Ryan another week to improve. For this I am greatful.  He has taken on his new role as a committed senior should, although he is frustrated with not being able to move his feet fast enough to block the CB's-LOL LOL Coachin4U*10* you ask me how I feel?  Sometimes it is hard being a Coach and a DAD.  I'll leave it at  :o that... :lol:

825745928[/snapback]

Thanks for the info on what happened. The "gentleman" in the stands last Friday night knew what he was talking about. He was also very complimentary about your son.

I was at the Lipscomb scrimmage- I have a great nephew on the team. His feet aren't as fast as your kids, and he misses a few tackles here and there, but we are hopeful- He is a sophomore.

I Coached at a Private High School in East Tennessee - worked with the QB's.

I was impressed with your son. I am always looking at the other teams QB's- Enjoyed working with them. Love the ones that were "Option"- Could do so much more with them. I would redo my whole line just to work with that "Option". The one that could run the ball -He will do fine. Wondering if he wants to play at the next level? It all makes more sense to me now.

I was reading the 2005 previews and after the season started, I was puzzled when your son was one of the Kids to watch for, and then he was't mentioned again in the paper as QB. That got my curiosity up? Wondering what had happened. I get on this thing and post. No one could answer my question. But they sure don't like to hear anyones opinion that they don't agree on. I am sure it was a tough decision to make on the coaches call.

I not only noticed your kid but also #29, #23 and of course #4. Ladd- #54 got hurt that day at the scrimmage and I hated that. Never like to see a kid get hurt. Especially him being a senior. But, I saw him back last Friday night.

I never post on these things and now I know why. There are so many selective readers. The readers that read what they like and get upset at what they don't - :unsure:

Sometimes an outsider sees things that the other folks can't or chose not to. Your White House Coaches are not Gods. It is hard being a Coach. Yes, it is HUMILIATING to get BEAT by a RIVAL. But, when things weren't clicking, I always backed up, thought the situation out and regrouped. Those undefeated seasons are FAR and FEW- It is always nice to have the community behind you- Not everyone is going to agree with you. Coaches know that-

I wish you the best with your Middles School team Coach Mash. I will try and remember to catch the newspaper scores and your progress through the season.

And for those posts that mentioned that #10 couldn't "catch the durn ball" or "throw" - Where were they last Friday night? Your son caught 2 passes - He had to jump the mile high, but He caught them. He also had some great tackles as did #29. He will be fine- Sounds like someone blowing off steam to me. The stats on the passing game don't lie! Go back and read them.

Opinions are one thing- truth is the truth. No skin off my nose. As for Piehole? BDP mom... well show a little class. If that is your opinion... so be it. But, I have mine as you have yours. We all get frustrated and blow- These kids need encouragement.

Have a great rest of the season Blue Devils in Middle and High School groups-

Oh, #10 - When I was in High School my number was #10- My coach told me that to always remember- "Be the best you can be on and off the field, and that 1 plus 0 on that jersey stands for the best- Number 1. Keep on those high balls...you can catch em. B) #12 needs all the help you can give him...

The Devils began the 2000 season at 0-3 after an ugly, ugly loss to Antioch.  The team finished 7-3 before winning two playoff games.  They were driving for a go ahead score in the 4th quarter at Portland when a turnover derailed them.  They lost the quarterfinal matchup to eventual champion Portland by a 19-10 count.  Don't count this team out yet!!

What upsets me is the WH fans who sat on their hands last night while Portland had the ball on the WH three yard line already leading by two scores.  Where is your spirit?  AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE FANS WHO COMPLAIN IN THE STANDS ABOUT BLOCKING, TACKLING, COACHING, ETC.------AND YOU DON'T LEAVE WITH SIX MINUTES LEFT, I DONT CARE HOW FAR AHEAD OR BEHIND YOUR TEAM MAY BE----SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825745794[/snapback]

I do agree about the spirit situation. This game didn't have the same hype as a normal Portland White House game would have had three or four years ago. The atmosphere was a little depressing. I know what you mean to i hate those coaches in the stands who don't have a lick of sense. They just think they do because they played back yard football for Uncle Dad back in the day. I was pretty impressed with the sportsmanship I'm proud of our guys. Good Job Panthers! There had to be a winner. :D

Edited by ftlotg#2PHS

White House fans are spoiled, and the devils are feeling the effects of having two schools in one community. White House has had a lot of talent and good coaching over the last 23 years, the coaching is still there but the talent is down. What people don't understand is even though you might have the players coached up and in the correct position, you still need some talent. Coaches can't go out and make the blocks or throw the ball or catch the ball the players are the ones responsible for this. Ladd is a great running back and he's very talented but he had no where to run friday night because Portland had better linemen on both sides of the ball. WH is used to having good talent and experience players this just happens to be a down year for White House, every school goes through this from time to time. WH will bounce back, it might not be this year but they won't go away.