Is Fulton down this year?

M_Gregory_78

Fulton has one of the best coaching staffs in the state, along with great athletes. They maybe down a little bit. You are never going to stay on top. When you been on top like Fulton has, Teams play a little harder againist them. I predict by the end of the year Fulton will be in the hunt.

As for the catholic schools, they put alot of emphasis on sports and winning. I seriously doubt they are cheating, but who knows. I don't know, but I hear alot of school hopping goes on in Kville. I don't think I would be pointing fingers to much.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they're 3-0 "Whoo Hoo :D "  They have to realize there's a lot of football left and anything can happen.  They're taking the victory over AE like it was winning the Super Bowl.  They must understand that you can't just dwell on one victory and think you're the stuff.  They're in the toughest region in the State so they'll meet their mate sooner or later.

GO AE!

825739061[/snapback]

Hmmm.... Tell me when was the last time that AE got spanked 21-0? I aint saying nothin bad about AE they are an amazingly awsome football program, but they played a better team and lost. All im sayin is that catholic is gonna be really tough to beat, and i just dont think that fulton has what it takes to bring catholic down. If i were a bettin man i'd say they will be playin in the 3a championship this year.

I don't know about Fulton being down this year. They lost games early the past two seasons and wound up with two state titles at season's end.

But I cannot agree with ANY other region in this state being tougher, top to bottom, than Region 2-3A. No way. They have state championship appearances in each of the last four seasons. This year, they're going to have a team in the title game again. It might be Fulton, it might be Austin-East, it might be Catholic or it might be Anderson County. I don't think there's another region in this state that has four legitimate title contenders.

I don't know about Fulton being down this year. They lost games early the past two seasons and wound up with two state titles at season's end.

But I cannot agree with ANY other region in this state being tougher, top to bottom, than Region 2-3A. No way. They have state championship appearances in each of the last four seasons. This year, they're going to have a team in the title game again. It might be Fulton, it might be Austin-East, it might be Catholic or it might be Anderson County. I don't think there's another region in this state that has four legitimate title contenders.

825739471[/snapback]

I would say 5 contenders........but there only four that can get in it will be tough but i see Livingston slippen in because they look tough? but we will see later this season!

With Fulton losing their first two games in dog fights and losing both games by just a couple of points, both of the games being in the region. Are they having a down year? Losing to AE and AC and the remaing scheldue is looking pretty tough, but can they still make the playoffs?

825738491[/snapback]

MARK IT DOWN THEY'LL WIN OUT IN REGION PLAY...THEY SHOULD HAVE ONE BOTH OF THEIR FIRST TWO, THEY'LL BE BACK, THEY MAY LOSE THIS WEEK BUT THEY'LL BE OK, THERE 3TD'S BETTER THAN AC, THEY JUST HAVE TO DIG DEEP INSTEAD OF JUST SHOWING UP THINKING THEY'LL WIN B/C THERE FULTON

:lol: WRONG!! This league can't touch Region 3-4A

825739218[/snapback]

3-4A used to be a tough league but only Maryville & Central have good teams. Halls, Powell & West are "decent" on there best day. Clinton, SD & LC are awful. Top to bottom 2-3a is a better region, you can't disagree w/ that.

3-4a 5 yrs ago was the top region in the state but its nothing like it used to be. Maryville & Central have remained tough but everyone has slipped

Yeah, they're 3-0 "Whoo Hoo :lol: "  They have to realize there's a lot of football left and anything can happen.  They're taking the victory over AE like it was winning the Super Bowl.  They must understand that you can't just dwell on one victory and think you're the stuff.  They're in the toughest region in the State so they'll meet their mate sooner or later.

GO AE!

825739061[/snapback]

I wouldn't say they're in the toughest region in the state. 3-4a is definitely tougher with Maryville and Central at the top...also, in case you hadn't noticed Halls came out and had the opportunity to beat Central Friday night, the game just didn't turn out for them. Powell is pretty doggon good too, I just think the Panthers need to lay off the mouth. West appears to be decent along with lenoir city..although Powell ripped right through them. South Doyle and Clinton are Ws on just about everyone's schedule...sorry, but it's true.

Catholic is a very good team and I wouldn't be surprised if they win the region this year. Fulton better watch out for Alcoa or they'll be 0-3 easily. And we know what Maryville did to Alcoa. So, let's just wait for Friday night and see how Fulton compares and you'll have part of your answer I'm sure.

:lol: WRONG!! This league can't touch Region 3-4A

825739218[/snapback]

3-4A used to be a tough league but only Maryville & Central have good teams. Halls, Powell & West are "decent" on there best day. Clinton, SD & LC are awful. Top to bottom 2-3a is a better region, you can't disagree w/ that.

3-4a 5 yrs ago was the top region in the state but its nothing like it used to be. Maryville & Central have remained tough but everyone has slipped

825739604[/snapback]

WAKE UP REG. 3-4A FAN! Most everyone who reads this stuff is aware they are talking about the toughest 3A region in the state. There is enough chatter about Murraville etc. without invading a 3A topic to toot the 4A horn. You are comparing apples and oranges............