Cherokees v. Blue Raiders

tonymontana

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt count cleveland out because they played a good game against a very good brainerd team.  you dont need defensive backs, you need defensive lineman and linbackers

will plummer-175 vs. brainerd

jamar francis-110 vs. brainerd

825739739[/snapback]

We have linemen and linebackers. Matt Cox will destroy any of your little sissy running backs that tries to run up the middle or break it outside for that matter and Nigel Holland/Keith Melton will clean out any of them that happen to get past Cox and his D-Line. McMinn wins by 10+

Go Cherokees!

Edited by tonymontana

Cleveland should win this one by 7, maybe more. I was a little surprised to see how small the McMinn team is. I expected them to be much bigger. McMinn lost to a very young, and not a very strong Central team earlier. Their defensive backs have been beaten badly the last two weeks. Big problem for a fairly young team of its own.

I don't think McMinn can pull this one out and they will go to 0-3.

I couldn't disagree more about McMinn's d-backs. Against Central McMinn's problem was poor tackling from the front seven. And the Owls QB had all day to throw the ball last week. Hard for any d-back to cover when a strong armed QB has time to pick you apart. Not to say McMinn's d-backs are awesome, they are not. Just seems to me they are inexperienced. Three that started last week against the Owls are sophs. But I don't see Cleveland winning this one. Last week McMinn pounded the Owls for 174 yards rushing against a very good run D.

McMinn 24

Cleveland 13

McMinn ran for 174 yards, had 60 offensive plays, and held the ball for 32 minutes last week against a very good Ooltewah D. They held Caldwell to 56 yards rushing and Marshall to 11 on D. Will Bradley do that against the Owls? I think not.

McMinn had a fumble while they were driving during the first series that led to an Owl TD (that should have been intercepted), an interception on their own 16 during the next series that led to another TD, and an interception right before half that was returned for a TD. Those aren't things that coaches have any control over. Take away those three plays alone and the whole complexion of the game changes considering the above mentioned stats.

**I'm going on record now to say that Ooltewah is better than McMinn!**

The bottom line at McMinn is that there is talent but a team that has only 5 seniors that contribute and only 7 total is going to go through some tough spells. If they play like they did Friday night they beat six of the remaining teams on their schedule (including Cleveland Friday) and maybe pull an upset if the turnovers are reversed.

I couldn't disagree more about McMinn's d-backs.  Against Central McMinn's problem was poor tackling from the front seven.  And the Owls QB had all day to throw the ball last week.  Hard for any d-back to cover when a strong armed QB has time to pick you apart.  Not to say McMinn's d-backs are awesome, they are not.  Just seems to me they are inexperienced.  Three that started last week against the Owls are sophs.  But I don't see Cleveland winning this one.  Last week McMinn pounded the Owls for 174 yards rushing against a very good run D.

McMinn 24

Cleveland 13

825740361[/snapback]

Ok the "Steel Curtain" defense of the 70's Pittsburgh Steelers couldn't get through Ooltewah's O-Line. They AVERAGED 320 pounds. I agree, McMinn needs much work, but there is no way Cleveland will beat us. They beat Bradley by like 2 TD's. Athens Red Raiders PeeWees could beat Bradley that bad. I just don't see Cleveland winning, sorry.

Go Cherokees!

Ok the "Steel Curtain" defense of the 70's Pittsburgh Steelers couldn't get through Ooltewah's O-Line. They AVERAGED 320 pounds. I agree, McMinn needs much work, but there is no way Cleveland will beat us. They beat Bradley by like 2 TD's. Athens Red Raiders PeeWees could beat Bradley that bad. I just don't see Cleveland winning, sorry.

Go Cherokees!

825742176[/snapback]

tony i noticed you started this post saying mcminn by 14, then by 10, which is it? also i think you underestimate bradley, not that they are good, but they are tough, they have some big boys and they are also young. you act like mcminn is a powerhouse, and you re not, at best you re in the ranks with bradley.

its also funny how you guys try to say you played well against ooltewah because i remember it... the scoreboard sure didnt seem to think so.

27 im not even going to try and understand your post.