McMinn County / McMinn Central

gridiron13

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gridiron13 in reference to the issue about Central I don't know how good they are, but I do think they are better then in the last few years. Now about the Tribe, there are some serious issues about the future of the program floating around Athens. The Chatt. Central game was an absolute mess from the get go with penalities and fumbles againist an average @ best central team. For Ooltewah well lets just say the best team played like the best team and dominated McMinn. The owls ran the same play ( boot leg ) 4 times and hit the TE wide open all 4 times with one being for a TD. I will have to say that McMinn had a good drive in the 3rd quarter keeping the ball for 9 minutes but by that time the game was over. In my humble opinion if they lose Friday againist Cleveland then this team is looking straight down the barrell of a 2-8 or 1-9 season, which is not acceptable to anybodys standard. I will continue to support but it is becoming more and more difficult when you have such dissapointing performances. GO TRIBE!

It's so disappointing when two years ago we had a team the students and the crowd actually liked to watch. Now it's just hard to watch, because you know it's going to be either tight or a blowout.

825742043[/snapback]

Nice comment. Either tight or a blowout. :lol: Wouldn't have ever guessed.

The MCHS football shirts say "Return of the Tribe 2005", well so far I haven't seen any sort of return. I feel it coming, though. With Joel Moody(8) and LeBron Arnwine(11) returning this Friday night, I say we take Cleveland down and then take Farragut down the next week. It will be another tough season, but the Pride of the Tribe is always greater than the athletes we have and hopefully that pride will start to show!

GO CHEROKEES!!

Central is probably about the same as last year. They beat Bledsoe County who isn't very good, and they beat Robbinsville, NC who has been good in the past- I have no idea how good they are this year. Central then turned around and lost to Meigs County who is good but not great. Central is good enough to be in the dogfight for 4th place in their region; however, losing to Meigs may come back to haunt them. I'd say 1st in region will be Polk, 2nd East Ridge, and 3rd Notre Dame- we'll have to see how it plays out for the 4th spot. JMHO

As for McMinn, they better win this Friday or it could be a long year. Cleveland is definitely beatable.

Thanks for all the comments, I am not around to get to see these teams however I do enjoy keeping track of them. I am glad to see the regions have been realigned so that Central is back in there with Polk and Meigs. Those used to be some great rival games. As far as McMinn I wish them the best of luck. I have a couple of good friends on the coaching staff who I feel are going to be good young coaches.

I think that Central will run all over "The Tribe". This is the year when Central just won`t beat Mcminn but blow them out.....Whats up with "2005 return of the tribe"?.....Mcminn will have a real hard time just trying to beat the BC Bears and that might be there only win if they can pull that one off.

Hey johnnyboy I would'nt put Meigs out of it yet... From what i have seen them play they are looking alright... The Pigon Forge game they had a good running game with Tyler Mobriant (30) and Marcus Million (3) running the ball good and a great prefomance from there QB Tyler Roberts (2)...And the Mcminn Central game they threw the ball well with Justin Letner (26) caught the ball real well and Brent Maddron (10) had some good catches also... So they can run it and if that is not working to well you can be ready for them to throw it. So dont put them out of it yet.

I agree, I didn't put them out. I thought I infered they would have inside track to 4th in region with win over Central. If you are talking about region champs, I don't see it in their future- but you never know. Almost anyone in this region is capable of beating another on any given night. No one is just head and shoulders above the rest, although you have to like Polk's chances. I'm not ruling out anyone including Meigs, just trying to give my honest opinion.

Scout, I didn't think Central and McMinn played or did I misunderstand your last post. I did see the Spring game between the two and Central did not run over ther tribe. I know people in Etowah and Englewood are excited to see Central win a game or two, but let's not take it too far.

I think that Central will run all over "The Tribe".  This is the year when Central just won`t beat Mcminn but blow them out.....Whats up with "2005 return of the tribe"?.....Mcminn will have a real hard time just trying to beat the BC Bears and that might be there only win if they can pull that one off.

825742762[/snapback]

I think that Central will run all over "The Tribe".  This is the year when Central just won`t beat Mcminn but blow them out.....Whats up with "2005 return of the tribe"?.....Mcminn will have a real hard time just trying to beat the BC Bears and that might be there only win if they can pull that one off.

825742762[/snapback]

Ok first of all McMinn doesnt play central this year. And second, last spring mcminn beat central in a game they had. So why dont you learn the facts before you start talkin.