JPII / Goodpasture 107 points scored

dhack

107 points scored in a game. Does anybody know what the record is for most points in a TSSAA game.

This was a Million to One shot... come back game. Not only did JPII score with 54 seconds left they got the onsides kick and scored with less than 2 seconds to tie the game. Then they win in overtime. WOW!

I cant say that either team played a good defensive game but the offensive side was exciting. JPII's defense held in OT I must give them credit for that.

Dhack

107 points scored  in a game.  Does anybody know what the record is for most points in a TSSAA game. 

825745140[/snapback]

TSSAA.com does not list most points scored in a game by two teams, but does list two records by one team:

Most Points in a Game by One Team

193 Dobyns Bennett vs. North Burton, VA 1926

112 Huntsville vs. Sunbright November 1968

The game tonight sounds like the game of the year thus far in Tennessee.

Edited by rollredroll

TSSAA.com does not list most points scored in a game by two teams, but does list two records by one team:

825745160[/snapback]

[/quote. I am sure that WESVOLS can give you a stat and BA is the winner

I'm working on the video highlights and hope to have them up by nine o'clock this morning.

Had auto trouble, had to have another brought to us on I-65 in Columbia and didn't get to the game until the 2nd quarter started.

Had a camera problem during the OT and missed the field goal and touchdown. I'll contact JP2 and see if they will let me have the overtime footage.

Dhack, bumped the quality of the video way up, let me know how it looks.

Dean

www.schoolsportsradio.com

825745160[/snapback]

[/quote. I am sure that WESVOLS can give you a stat and BA is the winner

825745172[/snapback]

Well since you asked...

The most points ever scored by BA in a game was a 72-10 vicyory over Waynesboro in 1974. This was back in the day when Coach Flatt and Mr. Brown (the Headmaster) used to strap on the pads and practice with the team. Somebody must have given Carlton a good lick that week!

BTW, the Eagles have scored 50 or more only once in the past 9 seasons (including the present one). That was the 2003 game against Oakland.

Congratulations again to JPII on a big win.

Edited by itzme

From the time i was their, which was middle of the 1st to middle of the 3rd quarter, this was a great game. Neither teams defense could stop each other.

This was my first private school football game, and I was impressed with both teams. Goodpasture ran the wing-t like champions. Pope also ran a solid offense behind their QB and Golden Tate. Tate needs to work on his ball handling a little, fumbling after a long run, and a dropped interception in the endzone. Other than that, he is a gifted athlete.

I really didnt expect to see this high of a ball game, considering it was 21-21 with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter when i left. I know wish I had stayed, lol.