SUNBRIGHT AT KINGS ACADEMY

the truth is...

SUNBRIGHT COMING OFF THEIR FIRST WIN OF THE SEASON IS TRYING TO FIND SOME MOMENTUM. I THINK THEY WILL GET THE WIN VERSUS KINGS ACADEMY. THEY HAVE TOO MANY PLAYMAKERS FOR KA TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH. I BELIEVE JORDAN YOUNG AND BRANDON THOMPSON ARE TWO OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN REGION 2A. THEY STILL NEED TO WORK ON THEIR DEFENSE AND FIND SOME CONSISTENCY ON THAT SIDE OF THE BALL. THE MAIN THING FOR THE TIGERS RIGHT NOW IS TO GET ON A ROLL HEADING BACK INTO REGION PLAY AGAINST HARRIMAN IN THREE WEEKS.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunbright will easily even their record at 2-2!  :thumb:

825745462[/snapback]

Don't count your chikins yet........just comparing apples and oranges, Kings beat Silverdale 19-2 and Silverdale beat Midway. You guys havn't had the best of luck vs Midway in recent years. Has Midway fell off that much or are these other teams better than originally thought???????????

Tigers by as many as they want... i agree with "truth", Young and Thompson are two of the best players in the region. Either one of them in the open feild is dangerous and can take it to the house at any time, not to mention how dangerous the duo is through the air .They also get a boost at the reciever position now that Dutton is back from the knee injury and will have another deep threat. i predict the tigers to get one a roll and make a run at the playoffs by the end of the season.

LOL. i dont know if sunbright can beat KA,but i do know one thing. Young and Thompson are great players but not the best in the region. Davis is the top region player and then young and then thompson. They are a great duo in the air, but kings acadamy is pretty good. I think though youngs arm and his legs fire and run the tigers to the second win of the NEWBERRY ERA.

Coach Newberry showed a lot of class not running the score up on Jellico Friday night. It was 33 to 0 with about 4 minutes left to go in the 3rd quarter and he played the JV team the rest of the way. The defense showed improvement and except for some penalties on offense it looked a lot better. The Tigers may or may not make a run at the play-offs, but in my honest opinion they can if they believe in themselves, and work a little harder at stopping silly mistakes because when they competition gets tougher they won't be able to get by with them. Next two games give them time to improve before the going gets tough. The Harriman game may be the one that decides if the Tigers are for real or not.

Tigers 34

Kings 18

Coach Newberry showed a lot of class not running the score up on Jellico Friday night. It was 33 to 0 with about 4 minutes left to go in the 3rd quarter and he played the JV team the rest of the way. The defense showed improvement and except for some  penalties on offense it looked a lot better. The Tigers may or may not make a run at the play-offs, but in my honest opinion they can if they believe in themselves, and work a little harder at stopping silly mistakes because when they competition gets tougher they won't be able to get by with them. Next two games give them time to improve before the going gets tough. The Harriman game may be the one that decides if the Tigers are for real or not.

Tigers 34

Kings 18

825746661[/snapback]

Don't forget that the score of the Sunbright-Jellico game 12-0 at halftime. Jellico only had 24 players and most of the people that started played the first 3 quarters without coming off the field.

Don't forget that the score of the Sunbright-Jellico game 12-0 at halftime. Jellico only had 24 players and most of the people that started played the first 3 quarters without coming off the field.

825746755[/snapback]

Coach lets all the players, even the eighth graders dress out for the games at home, yet Sunbright only plays about 14-15 players unless the game gets lop-sided so they played the first 2 and 1/2 quarters so where is the comparison? This is very common among smaller 1A schools. Also let's not forget that all 24 points were scored against the Tiger's JV. I'm not trying to degrade the Jellico team, they are a great bunch of young men and their sportsmanship is impecable. Wishing them the very best and hope they keep their heads up.

When do the Tigers play Tennessee School of the Blind and Jerry's Kids? They have a really hard schedule right now. Will they survive all these hard games? Jellico, Kings Academy, Grace Christian, Whitehouse Heritage, Oakdale, that has to be #1 hardest schedule in state.    :thumb:

825749701[/snapback]

yor are funny oneida man. according to coach t. if you go and check out the strength of schedule for sunbright and oneida. sunbright is 24 in the state and BIG BAD ONEIDA IS 44TH IN THE STATE. can oneida handle their schedule? what oneida needs to do is worry about keeping their numbers down below 398 so they stay and play with all of us small schools and have a chance to compete. you saw what happened the one time they did move up. ha ha ha. how many vocational kids do you guys have? better not let anyone count them.