Brentwood vs. Ravenwood

ambiguousrock

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravenwood took the regular season game, Bruins won in the playoffs.

Ravenwood would definitely have to be the favorite in this game; they were the pre-season favorite as well as sitting in the driver's seat for the region championship after beating Franklin. A Ravenwood victory would all but seal up the region championship.

This game will be won by which team defends the other's scheme the best. If it gets down to the kicking game, advantage Brentwood. Bruins physical defense is once again it's strong suit. McCurdy is dangerous, but to think he's the whole team is misleading. He's spread the ball around much more this season and has run less-just the maturation process you'd expect as he has a season behind him.

Unquestionably, Ravenwood has the edge in the running game.

One thing different this season than the regular season matchup last year-the Raptors are not being overlooked this time. They have the Bruins attention fully.

Should be a classic.

Edited by fromthetop2

So that everyone knows, Franklin had two balls intercepted in the endzone by Ravenwood. Not to make excuses, just to inform. Franklin had a chance to pull away and didn't.

Secondly, TC Jennnings while a great QB, and proved it the night of beating Franklin, is IMO containable, if you have a Def. Co. willing to be a gambler, you can sack Jennings repeatedly! Franklin tried to play contain with their DEs, and brought no blitzes, and IMO it cost them the game. If you play cover deep and don't bring pressure Jennings can eat you alive!

I think Franklin's DBs did well against Jennings and still he threw for over 200 yards (they can only do so much when he has 6+ seconds to roam!) I don't know that Brentwoods DBs will have been tested to date.

Brentwood will probably be able to run on Ravenwood and would be well advised to play a clock controlling game against this big threat offense

Ravenwood 14

Brentwood 21

Edited by BigDogDaddy

I believe that the brentwood defense will be able to shut down T.C. for two main reasons... First off, while not only containing the threat of T.C. when he scrambles, the bruins will put pressure on him in all situations. Not only will players such as Andrew Hanks, Jim Gore, and Seth Jones cause trouble for the interior line of Ravenwood, and secondly look for the ends such as clarkesville transfer Jaron Norfleet to keep T.C. on his toes(and back) for a lot of the game.

This game means so much to the region 6-5A outcome that it will be pivotal in both teams' success over the next 2 months.

If Brentwood can hold T.C. from his usual scrambles and can keep the pressure on him and his receivers then I think they'll pull it off

Brentwood-24

Ravenwood- 13

Thanks for the additional motivation Jeff!

No nervous chatter about this game-

No off the wall boasts by people who don't or won't play-

No smack from either side-

Both sides, I believe, understand what this game is all about and what it will take to win.

Big plays and special teams will decide this one. A neighborhood brawl at it's finest between two of the top rated 5-A teams in the state.

Ravenwood has been its own worst enemy. If & that is a BIG If, Ravenwood can play turnover free football they will have their way with Brentwood. Ravenwood has more offensive weapons than people think. The run game is better than the passing game at this point. If the run game & passing game are clicking in the same game defenses will have major troubles.

I dont understand why everyone is doubting ravenwood so much. They r ranked number 3 in the midstate and also everyone knows if u watched the Rwood BA game they should of won but tournovers where costly... Bwood is to scared to play BA and even if they were to play them BA would blow them out so i say Ravenwood is going to beat Bwood if it is TC throwing Or dylan running it, because i know bwood cant stop both