McMinn Co. -VS- Farragut

TribeFan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy Johnnyboy don't be stealing my sign off (Go Tribe).... You are correct about the Admirals I understand that they are very good on defense but McMinn showed last week that they are capable of scoring some points granted the Cleveland defense is probably not quite as good as Farragut will be but Cleveland always has good athletes with alot of speed. I really believe McMinn is ready to turn the corner and get not just a win but more importantly a region win. GO TRIBE!

Edited by TribeFan

True Cleveland has some athletes and McMinn did better. However, Cleveland was missing a starting LB due to injury and Cleveland's D is still no where near as good as Farragut's. Reveiz, son of former Vol kicker Fuad Reveiz, may be best LB in all of Knoxville area. He's a monster. McDermott won't find the running as easy. If McMinn can be patient and play for field position- they have a chance. Again- that will mean a low scoring game. I'm just afraid McMinn may press issue and try to throw the ball too much which could lead to multiple turnovers. I'm also afraid with Holland out that McMinn will be hurt in punting game as he is McMinn's punter and they only averaged like 25 yards a punt without him last week. If Carr makes good decisions and coaches are patient- the tribe has a chance. Let's hope.

Go Tri..... Go cherokees :lol:

If McMinn wins it will have to be a low scoring game as Farragut may have the best defense that McMinn will see. I don't think the Cherokees can score more than 14 on the admirals. I'm hoping the D steps it up, but with Holland out I'm not real confident. Go tribe-

825748974[/snapback]

Thats saying a lot about the Owls D that held McMinn to seven points. So where would they rank?

Im sorry, but I am afraid this is going to be a down year for the Tribe. They got beat soundly by a middle of the road Cleveland team. Farragut has one of the best defenses on this side of the state, citing that middle linebacker they have that is so highly recruited. Even if McMinn does get lucky and win, what next? Its not like the schedule gets any easier. In fact, its downhill after Friday night, with the exception of a date with Bradley Central, and that won't be a walk in the park. Maryville Heritage, William, Blount, Rhea County, Soddy, OAK RIDGE!!! The only thing McMinn will be turning this year is the page on the calendar so they can look forward to next year.