West plays at Knoxville Halls

fairplay2121

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very big game. Its usually played like week 9 and the winner gets to go to playoffs while the winner goes home. I got Halls winnin in a very good game. The passing game is coming along great while Reese and Ferguson are gettin it done on the ground. As long as the line can keep Lucas and the rb's protected, Halls should have no problem.

If anyone has info on West please post

Halls-24 West-14

I think West is a little better than the Halls fans will give them credit for. Even though it was the first game of the year and there were some extra mistakes and turnovers West only lost to a good Webb team 20-10 or something like that. I see Halls winning this one because of Reese and Ferg but I am also impressed with the young talent at wide reciever that Halls has in Daniel Dayton. Halls actually has a threat of throwing the ball down feild a little bit. As always Go Big Red!

Halls-17

West-7

This has the makings of a great game. Halls has now become a complete football team and are not predictable any more. West have a good team and will have a good front seven going up against our boys. You just have to love Justin Resse he is strong and has break-away speed. Ferguson and Rhinehart are fast to and are both having great years so far. But the biggest surprise is the passing game. Trey Lucas hangs in there and just gets it done. These guys look like they are really enjoying playing this year. Boruff and Dayton add to the attack with speed and the timely long pass play which we have lacked in recent years, we are not playing the west coast offense here. West has a good running attack and a drop back passer so this could be a close one. I believe our defense gives us the edge and it could be deceided by a field goal. HALLS 24 WEST 21

I, too, think this will be a very interesting game to watch. There is a lot hanging on the outcome of this game. This could be for a playoff spot. Halls does not have the speed that West has. Speed gave them a lot of problems in their loss to Central. Halls is a much better team than a year ago. If West can get a couple of big plays, they may be able to stay with the Red Devils. I still look for Halls to win by maybe 10. Good luck to both teams.

Will the rain have an impact tonight?  Halls' field traditionally does not drain well at all.  Just ask the maryville folks. :D

825752530[/snapback]

I think the rain could play a role if it continues.

The field at Halls drains okay. It's just that Halls let's the grass stay as thick as possible to make for a slow track. This also let's it hold moisture like last year's Maryville game. It may cause some slips and turnovers.

I would think that it would favor the slower team (Halls).