Copper Basin and South Pittsburg

manly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree slasher.  This one will be a good game for the home team.  I think Copper Basin's big physically tough linemen will wear down the small, weak, undernourished S.P line.  S.P. has some great athletes, but the line isn't as good as alot of middle school lines.  The game is at "The Hole" which is always a tough venue for ANY high school football team.  No offense to Pirate Tom, but he is a looney tune.  No way will South Pitt score half as many points as he has predicted.  Copper Basin pulls the upset special this week.  Copper Basin 27  South Pitts 21

825751435[/snapback]

Them big tough linemen sure did wear that small, weak, undernourished line down. SP coasted to the 45-7 score.

Beautiful night for a football game in Tennessee. Took in the game as my Murphy Bulldogs played 4 hours away.

SP started slow then took off in the 2nd half. 13-7 at halftime, then it's all SP.

To many athletes, to much speed for SP. Basin has a scrappy team. Game was close than the score indicates imo.

But hats off to SP, they got many athletes who can hurt a team. I'm a believer in the Pirates.

Beautiful night for a football game in Tennessee. Took in the game as my Murphy Bulldogs  played 4 hours away.

SP started slow then took off in the 2nd half. 13-7 at halftime, then it's all SP.

To many athletes, to much speed for SP. Basin has a scrappy team. Game was close than the score indicates imo.

But hats off to SP, they got many athletes who can hurt a team. I'm a believer in the Pirates.

825753771[/snapback]

Basin played hard the whole game. They did their best and were good sports.

Good Game for a half!

CB scored first after recovering a fumble on SP's 15 or 20 (7 - 0 CB)

SP 's Montrell Mitchell scored on a 40 - 50 yd. run (7 - 7)

SP's Robert Robinson scored on about a 35 yd. run (13 - 7 SP)

HALF 13 - 7 SOUTH PITT

SP's Antonio Robinson 45 yd pass from Cody Robinson (19 - 7 SP)

SP's Antonio Robinson 35 yd pass from Cody Robinson (25 - 7 SP)

SP's Robert Robinson 55 yd run (31 - 7 SP)

SP's Montrell Mitchell 60 yd run (38 - 7 SP)

SP's David Jones 40 yd run (45 - 7 SP)

FINAL 45 - 7 SOUTH PITT

GOOD LUCK TO COPPER BASIN FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON !!! :thumb:

you will notice all those scoring plays were log yardage. SP has a quick strike ofense. Not a power offense. Oline is small but quick. SP defense is very quick and swarms to the ball. That Robinson has a future at safety imo. Big time Dback and a good wr.

The halfback is quick, mitchell.

Only problem I see for SP is if they run into a power team with good size. That could give them trouble.

Hats off to Copper Basin. They played tough the first half. After we came out and scored in the 3rd, you could see the "pep in their step" switch sides. SP came out sluggish like they did against Lookout Valley, but like it was then, a few big plays and the game was over. In each of the games this year, the pirates have struggled power-wise (as someone else said), but if you watch the whole game, you see in the fourth quarter that our small, quick line begins bullying the opposing line no matter what size the other team is. Is this a question of heart and determination? in better shape? or just plain athleticism? Either way, no matter what anyone says, we are 4-0, and just like Grace Academy's Coach said in the newspaper on Friday, it is good to win.

I mean, it doesn't matter who you are playing, if you are winning, then you are definitely doing something right. Good luck to all the teams that remained undefeated after Friday night.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe