Whitwell at Grace

drinks3

How is it an upset when Grace is ranked 10th in 1a in the Ap Poll and Whitwell isnt even ranked??? Wouldnt you think if Whitwell beat Grace, it would be an upset?? That would say that Whitwell being the unranked team beat Grace the 10th ranked team.

825749881[/snapback]

Grace may be ranked 10th, but from the opinions posted in this string it looks as if Grace is the underdog. Make no mistake, I am rooting for Grace! :lol:

Edited by MCRoadWarrior

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitwell definitely...nothing against grace...come on... someone said grace is ranked higher...well when you plan NO ONE and win every game you will be ranked high..well then yeah i can understand...i think whitwell will win...and didnt grace struggle against silverdale? i could understand if it were a better team, but silverdale? maybe grace underestimated them, but still it's silverdale.they should of rolled over them...so no one from grace get upset cause i am not just going off on yall...I just believe whitwell will come out with the win.

Silverdale is better than you give them credit. They beat a Midway team that was in the playoffs last year with a good record. They were also ranked by Murphy Fair in the top ten in the state. Whitwell does have strength, size and experience and that helps a lot, but Grace has shown a desire to win even if they have to come from behind to do. Should Grace win? no. Can they win? There is no doubt they can win because the game is played on the field and anything can happen. Good luck to both teams.

Whitwell definitely...nothing against grace...come on... someone said grace is ranked higher...well when you plan NO ONE and win every game you will be ranked high..well then yeah i can understand...i think whitwell will win...and didnt grace struggle against silverdale? i could understand if it were a better team, but silverdale? maybe grace underestimated them, but still it's silverdale.they should of rolled over them...so no one from grace get upset cause i am not just going off on yall...I just believe whitwell will come out with the win.

825750814[/snapback]

"Whitwell is used to playing the likes of Boyd Buchanan, South Pitt, and Marion to list a few. "

ya whitwell is used to getting there head knocked off by those teams as well...im an alumnist at grace academy.... and i do know about whitwells football history....they stink....all they ever want to do is beat marion and south pitt. so im sure that the marion game for next week is going to be in there heads! but listen here tigers do not look past grace...ya they might be a "2nd year team" but they are 10 times better than they were last year! i'm going with my eagles on this one 21-20 on this one

Looks like this one is picked about evenly...A lot of trash is being talked, but remember its "any given team can be beat on any given day"...maybe the ranked 10 team is getting the BIG head or maybe they can hold on to that spot, I'm lookin for the TIGERS to shut some mouths up. No prediction, but definitley seeing whitwell walkin away with a smile on their faces and a W to the record.

Looks like this one is picked about evenly...A lot of trash is being talked, but remember its "any given team can be beat on any given day"...maybe the ranked 10 team is getting the BIG head or maybe they can hold on to that spot, I'm lookin for the TIGERS to shut some mouths up.  No prediction, but definitley seeing whitwell walkin away with a smile on their faces and a W to the record.

825752181[/snapback]

No prediction?...LOL What do you call "...Whitwell walkin away with a smile on their faces and a W to the record"?

Maybe I am looking at the wrong board, but I don't see anyone really trash talking. There are people giving their predictions on the game. Both sides have been really good. As far as the 10th ranking, Grace does not take that too seriously. It is cool for a second year team, but they know that Whitwell, South Pitt., Lookout Valley, and Copper Basin are the more experienced teams. Grace is going out and playing the best they can against every team they face. This week it is Whitwell. Whitwell is a good team and if Grace wants to win they have to play a great game. No big heads, no trash talking, just some good 1a football.

I wish we were still in this region.  I miss beating up on these pansy teams.  As for this game, I am predicting a Grace Academy upset of Whitwell.

825751442[/snapback]

Yep, much more enjoyable beating up on weak 1A schools than being beaten up by the Baylors, Gordon Lees, et. al. With the Boyd schedule this year, I'd be longing for the old 1A days too.