WOODSHED BEATING IN CARTHAGE

Eagledriver

SCHS has been smoked by Trousdale for many years of late. Does anyone know whats wrong? Its very easy for SCHS to beat teams that offer no competition, but when it comes to playing teams with decent talent, the bad coaching shows up. If you can score on SCHS first, they seem to get demoralized. 41-7 is inexcusable, its an embarrassment to the county, town, and people of that great school. Alabama had a great coach nicknamed, "THE BEAR", who always took the blame when his teams lost. The coaches are teaching children ,that do what they are taught. If you are a coach that can't handle the criticism, you had better grow some thicker skin. When I joined the military and my drill instructor jumped down my throat, I could not say " dont criticize me." Grow up and stink it up and face the facts of this world. As the great General George Patton said, " Americans can,t stand a loser, they can't stand to lose." Coaches just happen to be in a very public enviroment, they chose to be there, they are under a microscope, but it is voluntary. If you can't take the heat then do something else. I keep reading about these so called athletic players that SCHS has had over the past few years. Good athletes not only play football, they play all sports. Just because you are a good football player does not translate into being a good athlete. The problem with SCHS is the lack of support for other sports. Look how many people show up for football games compared to other sports. SCHS will NEVER WIN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. NEVER!!!! Tell me the last D-1 prospect from SCHS. Where are all these great athletes? I have not seen a great athlete on the SCHS football field in 17 years. The "WOODSHED BEATINGS " will continue until SCHS becomes more diversified in sports other than football. Great athletes learn other skills from other sports that translate over to the football field. Just read publications on D-1 recruits, they almost always were 2-sport or 3-sport athletes.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SCHS has been smoked by Trousdale for many years of late. Does anyone know whats wrong? Its very easy for SCHS to beat teams that offer no competition, but when it comes to playing teams with decent talent, the bad coaching shows up. If you can score on SCHS first, they seem to get demoralized. 41-7 is inexcusable, its an embarrassment to the county, town, and people of that great school. Alabama had a great coach nicknamed, "THE BEAR",  who always took the blame when his teams lost. The coaches are teaching children ,that do what they are taught. If you are a coach that can't handle the criticism, you had better grow some thicker skin. When I joined the military and my drill instructor jumped down my throat, I could not say " dont criticize me." Grow up and stink it up and face the facts of this world. As the great General George Patton said, " Americans can,t stand a loser, they can't stand to lose." Coaches just happen to be in a very public enviroment, they chose to be there, they are under a microscope, but it is voluntary. If you can't take the heat then do something else.  I keep reading about these so called athletic players that SCHS has had over the past few years. Good athletes not only play football, they play all sports. Just because you are a good football player does not translate into being a good athlete. The problem with SCHS is the lack of support for other sports. Look how many people show up for football games compared to other sports. SCHS will NEVER WIN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. NEVER!!!! Tell me the last D-1 prospect from SCHS. Where are all these great athletes? I have not seen a great athlete on the SCHS football field in 17 years.  The "WOODSHED BEATINGS " will continue until SCHS becomes more diversified in sports other than football. Great athletes learn other skills from other sports that translate over to the football field. Just read publications on D-1 recruits, they almost always were 2-sport or 3-sport athletes.

825750896[/snapback]

Do you have a teaching certificate? If you do...apply for a job so you can rain all of your great wisdom on our program. If you don't...go get one so we won't get beat anymore. :thumb: There has been many 2 sport players over the last several years. As far as DI recuits...who has put out very many DI kids in a school our size? Very few schools have had over one or two the last several years. This has to be one of the silliest posts on coacht history. :thumb:

Edited by Antwan

Do you have a teaching certificate? If you do...apply for a job so you can rain all of your great wisdom on our program. If you don't...go get one so we won't get beat anymore.  :thumb: There has been many 2 sport players over the last several years. As far as DI recuits...who has put out very many DI kids in a school our size? Very few schools have had over one or two the last several years. This has to be one of the silliest posts on coacht history.  :thumb:

825750902[/snapback]

Alcoa,Austin East,Friendship sent a QB to Louisville last year,Covington,Ripley[Foster brothers],Goodpasture,Lipscomb.These are just a few from last year sending D1 recruits.Carthage has had some over the years who probably could've been but weren't for whatever reason.I do remember in 1988 some good Basketball players who went to Treadwell in the state tournament who were trounced by a player who later went pro in Penny Hardaway.We all must admit TC has SCHS's number in the last few years in footbal for whatever reason.

Edited by Cousin Eddie

Alcoa,Austin East,Friendship sent a QB to Louisville last year,Covington,Ripley[Foster brothers],Goodpasture,Lipscomb.These are just a few from last year sending D1 recruits.Carthage has had some over the years who probably could've been but weren't for whatever reason.I do remember in 1988 some good Basketball players who went to Treadwell in the state tournament who were trounced by a player who later went pro in Penny Hardaway.We all must admit TC has SCHS's number in the last few years in footbal for whatever reason.

825750938[/snapback]

FCA had one...DL has had a few...GP has had a few. They are all private schools. Covington and Ripley are not small schools. Alcoa and AE always have good athletes. They are in larger areas. Small rural publics send very few players to DI. Perhaps I should have asked...how many small publics (1a or 2a) have had DI players over the last several years? Even counting the privates...there are few.

Edited by Antwan

One other thing.I didn't totally agree with Eagledriver,although he does have some good points,but I did do some research and did find some interesting facts.From 1985-1989 SCHS played TC two times and won both[1987-1988]by a combined score of 73-14.From 2001-2005 SCHS is 1-6 vs TC losing by a combined score of 176-56.Now before the argument starts TC wasn't that good then,they weren't slouches and it is/was a rivalry game.Also in 1990 they won the state championship.This is just the facts.They have SCHS's number under Coach Maynord.

One other thing.I didn't totally agree with Eagledriver,although he does have some good points,but I did do some research and did find some interesting facts.From 1985-1989 SCHS played TC two times and won both[1987-1988]by a combined score of 73-14.From 2001-2005 SCHS is 1-6 vs TC losing by a combined score of 176-56.Now before the argument starts TC wasn't that good then,they weren't slouches and it is/was a rivalry game.Also in 1990 they won the state championship.This is just the facts.They have SCHS's number under Coach Maynord.

825750955[/snapback]

Trousdale was awful then. They didn't beat anybody. They were in a transition of coaches then.

FCA had one...DL has had a few...GP has had a few. They are all private schools. Covington and Ripley are not small schools. Alcoa and AE always have good athletes. They are in larger areas. Small rural publics send very few players to DI. Perhaps I should have asked...how many small publics (1a or 2a) have had DI players over the last several years?  Even counting the privates...there are few.

825750953[/snapback]

Ripley isn't that big and neither is Covington and they are in rural areas.Alcoa is close to Maryville but they are still a public school.We have to face it,there may be a D1 prospect at SCHS this year or in the years to come,but they do come along.Also look at 1a publics and they have put out some decent d1 players over the years.Maybe it is just harder to get noticed in TN and especially in the smaller rural areas.

Trousdale was awful then. They didn't beat anybody. They were in a transition of coaches then.

825750956[/snapback]

They weren't that bad in 1988.The record may not reflect it,but we only beat them 20-0.This was with Juice.Also this was one of the lower scores we had that year.They have always had speed and talent,and it is the second biggest rivalry SCHS has.

Ripley isn't that big and neither is Covington and they are in rural areas.Alcoa is close to Maryville but they are still a public school.We have to face it,there may be a D1 prospect at SCHS this year or in the years to come,but they do come along.Also look at 1a publics and they have put out some decent d1 players over the years.Maybe it is just harder to get noticed in TN and especially in the smaller rural areas.

825750957[/snapback]

Covington has over 800...Ripley over 900. That's not near 2a size. I haven't noticed an influx of DI football players from either. If you are DI caliber in this day and age...you get noticed.

They weren't that bad in 1988.The record may not reflect it,but we only beat them 20-0.This was with Juice.Also this was one of the lower scores we had that year.They have always had speed and talent,and it is the second biggest rivalry SCHS has.

825750961[/snapback]

Actually...it was 20-6. They were on the way back that year. They still were nowhere near a contender in the playoffs.