Game times in Tennessee

Roba22

Hello.  I'm checking here to see what is the game times for Tennessee games.  My team (Gate City, VA.) has a bye week this friday and I thought I would go see the Boone @ Cherrokee game.  They kick off @ 7:30 in VA.  I thought it might be 7:00 over here.    Thanks...

825751994[/snapback]

They are 7:30.

I would recommend either the Cherokee vs. Boone or Sullivan East vs. Central game since they could be close scores.

What do you think of that Richlands team this year?

Since game time has been brought up, that generates a question. Why do games in East Tn usually start at 7:30 and games in Middle Tn start at 7:00? Also, all playoff games starting times are set by TSSAA to start @ 7:00 local time. Why not start games in East TN earlier than 7:30? If anyone knows please provide an answer. Thanks.

Since game time has been brought up, that generates a question.  Why do games in East Tn usually start at 7:30 and games in Middle Tn start at 7:00?  Also, all playoff games starting times are set by TSSAA to start @ 7:00 local time.  Why not start games in East TN earlier than 7:30?  If anyone knows please provide an answer. Thanks.

825752153[/snapback]

It would make sense to me for East TN games to start earlier than Middle TN games but I'm not sure why it's set this way.

Here's what I can figure out about it.

The 7:30 start time seems to be the traditional time for a high school game. It gives teams 2 and a half or 3 hours after the end of the school day to travel and it allows home team fans to finish their work days, get some supper, then head to the stadium.

In Middle Tennessee gametimes vary from region to region and even school to school. Since I do a scoreboard show I love the 7pm starts because the games are ending shortly after I take the air at 9pm Central. I also think that the 7 pm start time allows visiting teams to get home at a more reasonable hour.

The TSSAA Mandates 7pm start times on playoffs (I'm guessing) to make sure that all of the games are complete across the state for the results to get into the morning newspapers.

My question is whether or not the extra half hour makes a difference for overall gate receipts and attendance at games.

Richlands is a VERY good football team..!! Now Gate City is no where near the same level of team they have put on the field in the last 3-4 years but Richlands took them to the shed easy... I say they will run the table in the regular season and make a serious run in the playoffs. I don't think any team has scored on them yet this season. It will be interesting to see them against some of the speed in northen VA.

Now I ask you who is the team to beat in East Tenn this year? DB seems to be down and I don't think that SHHS is ready to make a serious run yet.. Has THS taken a step back too? Just not hearing allot of news about East Tenn teams this year. Most of what I am hearing is about Knox Area teams and west...

They are 7:30.

I would recommend either the Cherokee vs. Boone or Sullivan East vs. Central game since they could be close scores.

What do you think of that Richlands team this year?

825752002[/snapback]