Wilson Central (4-0) at Gallatin (4-0)

WilsonCentral22

zipdawg, the WC offense will use 30 or more formations during the course of a game. The passing game has not been used very much because of the scores, and the WC defense is as good or better than Gallatin's defense. Gallatin has had a lot of trouble defending the type of offense [ misdirection ] the past few years, and if WC starts throwing more, the Wave will have to add bulbs in the scoreboard.

I'm not doubting you by any means because I just don't know.... But 30 formations??? That sounds a little extreme. I mean, that's almost a new formation every down... But I could be wrong.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wireman, remember----Hunters Lane

Shadow, remember.... 8 games unvoluntarily forfeited. If that is the ONLY time you can think of, I would say that the loss's influence leans more toward the players being more than just a little shaken up by losing their whole season. And besides, if you want to use that reasoning... Everyone knows that Gallatin was definitely a better team than Hunters Lane 2 years ago. I don't think anyone will argue that. From everything I'm hearing, WC is supposed to be a better team than Gallatin right? We'll just have to see what happens. But believe us, we most certainly remember Hunters Lane.

Actually the reasons coach Alexander was going to go to Gallatin is because the school wasn’t giving him enough time to be with his family, because he has had some sick children lately and they weren’t giving him what he wanted to help make the team better as in better equipment for the weight room and fixing the stadium and locker room and making it more at home for the fans and yes they were going to cut his salary, but what would you do if you had four kids and two were in the hospital and you couldn’t spend time with them, and for the record Gallatin called him and want him, so once Central fans stood up and didn’t want to lose the best coach they have had, the school gave him what he want, so before you go making assumptions get your facts straight!

It's obvious that you have a WC connection but you may also want to get your facts straight also. Salary was never an issue mentioned in the newspaper or elsewhere (coaching circles, fan talk). Coach Alexander's twin sons were in the hospital during his first season in 2003 if I am not incorrect. Those in the Middle Tn. football "know" know that WC has administration problems (problem to be exact) and that all of the coaches have to fight for the simplest of things. Coach A wasn't the only coach leaving initially. Their basketball coach was leaving also. Alexander was the first coach to stay more than one year in the school's then 4 year history. If something doesn't change in leadership there, Coach A will likely return to sumner county at some point, and they won't be able to give that job to the dogcatcher.

I'm not doubting you by any means because I just don't know.... But 30 formations??? That sounds a little extreme. I mean, that's almost a new formation every down... But I could be wrong.

I don't know if it's quite 30 but I do know they ran 18 diiferent fromations against LHS last year in their game. Coach A and Coach Elrod will throw a bunch of different formations at you to see if you can adjust. Central will win this game. Their D doesn't get enough credit. They will stop the run and the Green Wave do not have an impressive passing game. WCHS by 14!

Hey Shadow, you'll have to do better than Hunter's Lane. Gallatin was beat before they set foot on the field that night. I have been watching Gallatin football since '77. We have been "thrashed" by MBA, Germantown, Oak Ridge, possibly even McGavock last year and maybe a few others in that 28 year span. The Hunter's Lane game does not belong in that category. SquoshWave you are exactly right. Nobody in their right mind thinks that HL actually had a better team that year. We had just gotten sucker punched that week.

To keep to the point of this thread, Wilson Central may win but it is because they have an outstanding team. I do not expect a "thrashing" from either side. Just a hunch but I am quessing a margin of 10 or less and probably a defensive struggle. Besides we have a secret weapon...Wavelink will be back in the stands Friday night.

Go GreenWave!!!

Wireman,

You crack me up!!!!!

The HL game of two years ago is ancient history, as is last year's McGavock game! You guys just like to rub salt in the wounds, but we've moved on from that. New team, new season. Don't know for sure how it will turn out for us Friday night, but I don't think WC will underestimate us at "our house" & I know it will be a great game!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me add we also have a new defensive coor. this year so how he will defend the wing-t is still in question. Gallatin hasn't played a great game on offense so far this season so they could be due. The defense has definitely been the glue holding Gallatin together. If Wilson Central doesn't have too much trouble moving the ball on our defense then it will be a long night for Gallatin. I agree that a high scoring affair does not favor the Green Wave. The Wildcat passing game could be the big sticking point. The 6-5 recievers for Wilson Central will really test our secondary. Our defensive speed will be our advantage. I have seen Wilson Central and they do not possess the speed that our defense has. Now the misdirection offense that they run can negate that speed so sealing up the backside will be a huge key. But I see little in respect to a Hunters Lane comparison of 2 years ago.

My concern in the game is the same as last years Antioch game. Antioch came in with a talented offense and our D was playing ok. Gallatin won 7-0. I said before that game that the D of Gallatin and the O of Antioch would balance each other out that then left the question which applies to this game to me....can Gallatin's offense get the ball moving against WC's defense. I really think this will be a major factor in the victory for either team. If its close I'll take the Wave if not then I would have to say WC gets the win. Either way it will be a good game.

Surprised by the lack of respect for Gallatin football......

There is no lack of respect from "old schoolers"...................since the 1970's, no program in the state has had the longevity of success that matches Gallatin. You can rest assured that Coach Alexander, from being an opponent at arch-rival Hendersonville and on the staff at Gallatin has nothing, but the utmost respect for the storied Gallatin football history.

Coach Alexander has a assembled a hard-working staff and has a good group of hard-working young men on the team...................if both teams play well; it should be a heck of a game! I am sorry that I cannot make the game. Good luck to both; as this will be a good measure for the last half of the season.

zd