Wilson Central (4-0) at Gallatin (4-0)

WilsonCentral22

Wish I could get to see this game tomorrow night because it's gonna be a barn burner. With two closely-matched teams like this, it's going to go down to the wire. However, the fact that it's difficult to win at the Waves homeplace, I'm going with the Wave by 7. FYI - WC fans needs to be ready - the Wave fans like to sit up above you on the visitor side. You'll see what I mean after tomorrow night. :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that one wavelink... And it seems kind of funny to me that everyone that has been around games of this stature for a while is predicting a close game, whereas some of these people-who are obviously just on their high horse from winning a few games-are predicting Gallatin to get beat by several touchdowns. I was also wondering last night, when does Gallatin ever lose when they are actually picked to lose? Last year, all four games were upsets. Year before, both upsets. Year before that, upset by Franklin. In fact, many people picked us to win it all that year. This is undoubtedly a huge game. And I think someone earlier made the best point of all. The high powered Antioch offense of Coker and Brown was held to only about 70 something yards by a defense that in my opinion wasn't as good as the one at Gallatin now... And as our good buddy coach Walls always said, "Defense wins Championships."

I second that one wavelink... And it seems kind of funny to me that everyone that has been around games of this stature for a while is predicting a close game, whereas some of these people-who are obviously just on their high horse from winning a few games-are predicting Gallatin to get beat by several touchdowns. I was also wondering last night, when does Gallatin ever lose when they are actually picked to lose? Last year, all four games were upsets. Year before, both upsets. Year before that, upset by Franklin. In fact, many people picked us to win it all that year. This is undoubtedly a huge game. And I think someone earlier made the best point of all. The high powered Antioch offense of Coker and Brown was held to only about 70 something yards by a defense that in my opinion wasn't as good as the one at Gallatin now... And as our good buddy coach Walls always said, "Defense wins Championships."

There is no lack of respect from "old schoolers"...................since the 1970's, no program in the state has had the longevity of success that matches Gallatin. You can rest assured that Coach Alexander, from being an opponent at arch-rival Hendersonville and on the staff at Gallatin has nothing, but the utmost respect for the storied Gallatin football history.

Coach Alexander has a assembled a hard-working staff and has a good group of hard-working young men on the team...................if both teams play well; it should be a heck of a game! I am sorry that I cannot make the game. Good luck to both; as this will be a good measure for the last half of the season.

zd

And there is no lack of respect for what Alexander and his staff have done over at Wilson Central. When Alexander announced he was returning to Gallatin I for one was shocked. This guy is an awesome coach and person and he would have been greatly admired for his taking a back seat after so much success. But he never completely made the switch but my respect for him still remains. I was a staunch supporter of his last year when they started pulling off some wins, just ask some of the region 4 faithful. He knows what he is doing and this game according to Lassiter may be the stepping stone for a great rivalry in the future. Both schools are realitively close and a whole lot of people here in Gallatin work with those across the river so that makes for good talk and a good atmosphere. Can't wait for the game tommorrow night, it will be a good one.

Thanks for the support creekbank! I have been to TC on two occasions this year to root the jackets on. Have already scheduled the day off for Dec. 3rd so I can watch you guys get that gold ball!! I know you guys have a bye tomorrow night, so feel free to come on down to the Wave Yard & cheer us on!!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, lets be fair. Coker did not even play in that 7-0 game last year between Antioch and Gallatin because of his hamstring injury. Give Gallatin credit, they played great defense in that game, but when all you had to focus on was Preston at I-back, its pretty easy defensive gameplan. Wilson Central just really gets teams off their toes because they can get it to Henry, Majors, the McChurch brothers, Bishop, Smith, Williams, and Lopez. Scott almost had a 300 yard passing game against H'Ville and the only reason he hasn't thrown much since is because they have not had to. They just really have a lot of weaponry. I think Gallatin is a great defensive team, you have to respect their team speed, but I think their offense gets them beat in this one. Robert has seemed to get a little "Randy Sanders" in him lately and not get his talent the ball. If WC stops the crossbuck, Gallatin is up the Cumberland. My theory is that Gallatin has only one way to win this game (it has to be 17 points or under for them to win) whereas, I could see WC winning a defensive struggle or if the score gets into the high 20's. Everyone talks about how great Gallatin's defense is, but I've seen Wilson Central put the clamps on a Smyrna team that no one will want to play if that young, talented offense gets into the playoffs. They have better skill people across the board with Maceo Harris, Antone Hendricks, Sonny Gray and Rodriguez Wilks than Gallatin has. Three of those guys will be D-I athletes along with the Smotherman kid, and Wilson Central dismantled them. This is no disrespect on Gallatin's program, they are a class group, but I just love Wilson Central's multiple ways they can win.

Scott almost had a 300 yard passing game against H'Ville and the only reason he hasn't thrown much since is because they have not had to.

Not to knock Scott, but my two year old could throw 300 yards against Hendersonville. I don't know what it is, Hendersonville always has a hard time with the defending the pass. Even when they were suppose to be good, they would stop our run, but not our passing game. Look at Symrna the last two years (2003,2004)against smyrna.