Dobyns-Bennett vs. Tennessee High

-Catfish-

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game time is pain time lol. Payback is comming to TH. I remeber a few years back, I am leaving TH stadium and I hear over the raido "IT'S OVER, IT'S OVER DAVID BEAT GALIATH" and just on and on for a good 10 or 15 min. well it's payback time. TH will leave J. Fred with a L in the column but I still can't wait to watch this game.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

DB 42

TH - 6

The Honky Tonk Man says ...to be the man you have to beat the man....

Got a little quote...wanna hear it ? Here it goes...

"D-B is a program we try to be like," Stubbs said. "If you look at D-B over the years, they’re 9-1, 10-0, going to the playoffs. We’ve kind of tried to be like the Indians with our program. We’ve tried to be around, in the playoffs in third week. They are probably the pinnacle program of this area."

The local yocal also say's

DB 38

Vikes 14

You may say this is bulletin board stuff, but da Honky Tonk Man says Stubbs got it right , " They are probably the pinnacle program of this area" The Tribe Rolls.

Kingsport Times? The Courier has 31-14 but at that point it wouldn't matter.

They also said things along the lines of "Dobyns-Bennett has HANDILY beaten two STOUT Mountain Lakes teams this season in SULLIVAN SOUTH and Elizabethton." "THS coach Gregg Stubbs pulled out a MIRACLE at Elizabethton.

I wonder if they even go to the games?

A little over 4 hours till kickoff. :D

Game time is pain time lol. Payback is comming to TH. I remeber a few years back, I am leaving TH stadium and I hear over the raido "IT'S OVER, IT'S OVER DAVID BEAT GALIATH" and just on and on for a good 10 or 15 min. well it's payback time. TH will leave J. Fred with a L in the column but I still can't wait to watch this game.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

DB 42

TH - 6

I'm not suprised. That game was one of the biggest upsets that year.

Kingsport Times? The Courier has 31-14 but at that point it wouldn't matter.

They also said things along the lines of "Dobyns-Bennett has HANDILY beaten two STOUT Mountain Lakes teams this season in SULLIVAN SOUTH and Elizabethton." "THS coach Gregg Stubbs pulled out a MIRACLE at Elizabethton.

I wonder if they even go to the games?

A little over 4 hours till kickoff. :D

I read everything in The Kingsport Paper and Tricitiessports.com and I did not see that. Where did it say that is was a miracle that TH beat Elizabethton? That was not the case at all.

Edited by bud

Johnson’s injury along with a big breakdown at left cornerback is the only reason Science Hill was able run up 35 point and beat the Vikings. Tonight Johnson is back and the secondary has a few tricks up their sleeves for those who have watched film and think they’ve found a weakness. Look for some bump and run man coverage along with several new zone cover schemes that involve the linebackers. This is the first game this year that all three playmakers have been healthy at the same time (Shaw, Johnson, and Bell). More than I think the Indians can contain. All this negativity and doubt about the Vikings will surely fuel their fire ... Kinda like it did when EVERYBODY picked them as big underdogs against Elizabethton this year!!! Remember that??

Vikings 21

DB 10

So the only reason Science Hill won was due to an injury of one player? Tell that to Justice Joslin, the best wide receiver around these parts, I would say he might argue with you on that point. I don't think anyone in Kingsport really takes TN High to be an underdog. I put the teams on very even footing this year. And if anyone picked Betsy over TN High, I would ask them what was that 12 or 24 beers you just drank?!

I read everything in The Kingsport Paper and Tricitiessports.com and I did not see that. Where did it say that is was a miracle that TH beat Elizabethton? That was not the case at all.

Bud, Tricitiessports.com is not affiliated with Tennessee High even though Bristol is part of the Tri-Cities.

The statement was printed in the Bristol Herald Courier.