Dobyns-Bennett vs. Tennessee High

-Catfish-

To go into a game without a key player is much different than losing one or in the case of the JC game two key players during the flow of the game. That not only affects the game plan but the mental attitude of the entire team sometimes. The bottom line is that JC was the better team that night and I’m not trying to make excuses. But I have to tell you … if the Vikings win tonight that would almost negate the embarrassing loss to JC. I don’t think they have what it takes to tackle the Indians. The Shoun to Joslin thing is overrated.

4.3 forty … please.

1tshelley,

I know that this is a DB-TN High thread, but you are really off base with your remarks on Science Hill. All week leading up to the SH-Tn High game you were talking about stuff you know nothing about (football) and making predictions, etc. (Like you do every week). It seems to me that you are ALL about making excuses.

The thing is, nobody from Science Hill came back on here and called you on your silly remarks and wrong prediction (how's that crow taste?). But you still keep on running your mouth about A GAME IN WHICH TN HIGH GOT BEAT!

The Shoun to Joslin thing is overrated?

Science Hill 35 Tenn High 21

Joslin 8 catches 221 yards and 4 touchdowns vs. Tenn High.

Shoun 18 for 24 for 337 yards and 4 touchdowns vs Tenn High.

They weren't overrated that night were they?

BTW nobody said that Joslin ran a 4.3 forty. He did get clocked at 4.43 at Vandy, though. (But why does that matter to you?)

Sorry, DB fans about this interruption of your game thread. Shelly needed to be reminded of what happened that night. Good luck the rest of the year.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The incorrect info on the UT game came from Ron Bliss of Tricitiessports.com...he got it (supposedly confirmed) from a reporter for the Bristol Herald Courier...he received numerous calls in the box and had what was thought to be confirmed sources...

I am very sorry for the incorrect information...

But, How 'Bout Them Indians?!!?

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

DB does seem to have a well balanced team now. Hats off to the offensive players. They have been on a very big learning curve but they have continued to learn rapidly in the last couple of games. Of course the defense and kicking squad continue their excellence. I hope the whole team makes valuable use of a week off. You just can't relax this week. Good luck in 2 weeks against Sevier Co. Them Bears have sharp teeth. Get your bows and arrows out. (Not as sharp as them Wildcats however.)

The quality of the video of the game shown on the internet was great! I have to tip my hat to Ron Bliss of www.tricitiessports.com, Bank of Tennessee, Intellithought, Kingsport City Schools and anyone else that made this wonderful technology available to us all. Fans around the world can watch home games now from their computer. :thumb:

1tshelley,

I know that this is a DB-TN High thread, but you are really off base with your remarks on Science Hill. All week leading up to the SH-Tn High game you were talking about stuff you know nothing about (football) and making predictions, etc. (Like you do every week). It seems to me that you are ALL about making excuses.

The thing is, nobody from Science Hill came back on here and called you on your silly remarks and wrong prediction (how's that crow taste?). But you still keep on running your mouth about A GAME IN WHICH TN HIGH GOT BEAT!

The Shoun to Joslin thing is overrated?

Science Hill 35 Tenn High 21

Joslin 8 catches 221 yards and 4 touchdowns vs. Tenn High.

Shoun 18 for 24 for 337 yards and 4 touchdowns vs Tenn High.

They weren't overrated that night were they?

BTW nobody said that Joslin ran a 4.3 forty. He did get clocked at 4.43 at Vandy, though. (But why does that matter to you?)

Shhhhhh … everybody be quiet the MR FOOTBALL himself has just spoken! You know every once in a while a clown like you gets on and decides that he’s going to “put me in my place”. And every time I have to end up writing that same old “just my opinion” speech, but I’m not even going to waist my time on you.

If I’m not mistaken it wasn’t until the latter part of the game that SH finally put a period on the game against THS. 35-21 is a decisive win (although its not the 49-14 spanking you received last year) I did say that SH was the better team that night … but it certainly isn’t anything to jump up and down about … especially sense THS is only a 4A school (not an excuse just a fact). Win a conference game or any game in your division and then you can run your mouth. By the way your radio announcers at the THS SH game stated that Joslin ran a 4.3 forty I didn’t just make it up. In my opinion he’s just not that fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t even the fastest on the team. And where were the dynamic duo last week … COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN!!! But one thing is for sure Joslin IS a game breaker and even I can’t take that away from him.

In closing Id like to say that neither one of us have anything to show DB this year (same team a last year minus a couple of athletes). With THS it’s a proven fact … but don’t worry your time is comin!!! By the way ... when is the last time Science Hill beat DB. ;):thumb:

Remember gridcoach … this is coacht not ESPN!!!! :lol:

Great win for us last night. Showed everybody that our offense can play to. Tn High just wasnt ready for anything we did. Defense had another great game and the O was killin. We have an off week next week and then we go to Sevier County with alot of weapons coming back from injury (Luke Bennett, Matt Creech, Sam McCord, and Marcus Rogers) the Smokey Bears better get ready.

Roll Tribe Roll

Well I guess that shuts up all the Bristol people who kept running their mouth about beating DB. And you can say all you want about last years Vikings and Indians, but I am here to tell you and I know many people would agree with me, last year you would not have beaten the Tribe. Your 2004 Vikings could not have beaten Oak Ridge, which we did once, and we would not have lost to Maryville 45-0 or whatever the score was. I know I am going to make some Viking fans mad with this post and they are going to try to argue this, but I watched both teams play last year and there is no way they could have hung with Duran, Lamon, Purple Hayes and the rest of the squad. It might not have been as ugly as last night, but I guarantee you that you wouild not have beaten DB.

We ARE the Beast of the Big East, and tops in the Northeast!!

TRIBE ALL DA WAY!!!

Shhhhhh … everybody be quiet the MR FOOTBALL himself has just spoken! You know every once in a while a clown like you gets on and decides that he’s going to “put me in my place”. And every time I have to end up writing that same old “just my opinion” speech, but I’m not even going to waist my time on you.

If I’m not mistaken it wasn’t until the latter part of the game that SH finally put a period on the game against THS. 35-21 is a decisive win (although its not the 49-14 spanking you received last year) I did say that SH was the better team that night … but it certainly isn’t anything to jump up and down about … especially sense THS is only a 4A school (not an excuse just a fact). Win a conference game or any game in your division and then you can run your mouth. By the way your radio announcers at the THS SH game stated that Joslin ran a 4.3 forty I didn’t just make it up. In my opinion he’s just not that fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t even the fastest on the team. And where were the dynamic duo last week … COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN!!! But one thing is for sure Joslin IS a game breaker and even I can’t take that away from him.

In closing Id like to say that neither one of us have anything to show DB this year (same team a last year minus a couple of athletes). With THS it’s a proven fact … but don’t worry your time is comin!!! By the way ... when is the last time Science Hill beat DB. :);)

Remember gridcoach … this is coacht not ESPN!!!! :)

A Clown, huh? WOW....I thought you said you were not going to waste, (not "waist" as you wrote) your time on me? I guess no one can come on coachT and challenge your insane posts? Your free pass is over. It is amazing that you are STILL TALKING ABOUT SCIENCE HILL. By the way, you are not from DB, so why would you say anything about DB beating SH? As the kids say in elementary school "You started it"

And I just finished it. SH 35 Tn High 21.

My friends Bud, Waco & Skunk don't need anyone speaking for DB, thanks.