Soddy Daisy Trojans @ Hixson Wildcats

BenHasRisen

As if there wasn't already enough rivalry in this series, they've added a bowl trophy and the game will be on CSS. Soddy Daisy looks poised to turn their season around and Hixson is 3-1, with their loss coming against Notre Dame in their second game. Soddy Daisy is a team blessed with tremendous size, and Hixson has some speed, and a disciplined team. Any predictions?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soddy was deemed overrated after starting 0-2 but those losses seem much more reasonable now seeing what Red Bank and William Blount have done. Soddy has dominated this series recently but Hixson has a solid team and more players with talent at the skill positions than Soddy. Soddy has an enormous O and D line so it should be a great game. It's going to be televised by CSS and hopefully will be a packed stadium.

I think the loss of Nick Shadrick early in the season really hurt Soddy Daisy, without him they just aren't the same team.

825756399[/snapback]

Hixson is too fast for Soddy and will run all over them

Soddy still does not have a very good qb

Ricketts move to rb will help but not enough

Hixson wins 35-19

19 cause soddy cant hit pats for nething

825756993[/snapback]

Ben, you obviously know nothing about Nick's roll on Soddy's team.....

Jaw, Soddy was 4/4 on PAT's at bradley....I think they've got that problem figured out. Dobbs is a good QB.....40/73, 495 yds., 5TDs, 4 INTs, 3 rushing TDs, runs the offense well......How much better are you looking for in a QB? Ricketts has run for over 300 yds. and 4 TDs in 2 games at tailback.....are you guys just trying to make yourselfs feel better or something?

I think the loss of Nick Shadrick early in the season really hurt Soddy Daisy, without him they just aren't the same team.

825756399[/snapback]

The chief loss that hurt the Trojans was losing Justin Hart. He was the key player Weahters featured in the pre-season Free Press article, so that says a lot about how much he meant to the football team. He was a 2 way starter and would have been a chief component on both offense and defense. His hustle, toughness, and performance on both sides of the ball really hurt in the early season of this team.

Most people don't realize the impact injuries have had on this team. There have been several key injuries, some like Hart and Shadrick have been for the whole season.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game.