Wayne Co. @ Mt. Pleasant

neutralobserver

NO, MP88G, You don't get it! Some of the issues I was referring to was missed blocks, etc. Listen to the crowd as they scream"BLOCK SOMEBODY".I overheard one of the coaches tell a player that if he didn't quit playing stupid, he wouldn't be playing. The issues I was referring to are football fundamental issues. My point about issues was that Mt. Pleasant has mega talent, they just need to focus. You are making this a coach issue, not me. There are no superstars on a football team, it requires team effort from everyone, starters, coaches,bench warmers, parents and spectators. ................................See you there!

<_<

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JWD I'm truly sorry if I offended you, but when I read the word "issues" I throught you were going in another direction. My bad and if you support the team with money you are truly a fan. You inplied I was a coach in your post I assure coaching is not my connection to the team,but I will say I am very good friends to one of the coaches and have been for many years. Some of the things you say are most likely true,but they are doing the best thay can, things are better in MP football then it has ever been.

Man !!!!!!! What finger pointing we have going on here. MP has a good team look at the record they have. Remember were the football team was 4 seasons ago? Hate to see what would be posted if it was a losing season.

To all: I do know that some of the players get on here too. Keep it positive.

Personally I do know this......... Got it straight from the horses mouth...... "If anyone has a problem with the calls I make, come talk to me my door is always open. The answer you get, you may not like, it is my team and I make the decisions".

If I am not mistaken he even gave out his cell phone number and said you can call him at the school at anytime.

I think some of these posts should be taken up with Tiger Leader.

See you all at Collinwood & some of you Monday night!!!!!!!!.

"BLOCK SOMEBODY" ( read The Daily Herald 9/25/05 ) As far as a coach crawling all over a kid for messing up, thats football. I have personally watched my kid "belittled" buy a coach, but I have seen him hugged and congradulated three times more. It's called life, when a kid screws up he needs to get in trouble, if he does well, he needs to rewarded. To all the coaches reading this in Mt. Pleasant and anywhere else, keep up the fine work. Great post wholder.

I, too, thought you were going in another direction with your "issues" comment in your post, JWD. And to me, those type of issues need to be addressed by the coaching staff.So if I offended you, I apologize. I think we all can agree on the fact that we still have not put together the type of game this team is capable of doing. Yet here we are, 5-1, 4-0 in region play. Good teams will find a way to win and I really believe this team will only get better with each game they play and get under their belt :thumb:

See you all in the Wood this Friday~ Should be a great game! Go TIGERS!

First of all, i would like to congragulate the teams success so far!! Being an MP fan, what is all the fuss!! I mean lets put things in prospective, this is high school football, i know it means a lot to us in this small town, but we are having more success in the past couple of years than we ever have!! But the most important thing is the players having fun, and believe me they are having a lot of fun with all the success!! Yes there are issues in all sports, teams, clubs, churches, businesses, ect.!! Thats LIFE!! Coach Smith has done a wonderful job, and yes there will be mistakes at times but he is doing a GREAT JOB along with the staff and keep it up, the Mt.Pleasant community is with you all!! Go MP!!!!

If everyone will step back and look at the post made by MPTigerT on 9/20/05, you will see what I mean about issues. These are the comments I was referring to. The crowd has been quiet, these are the things that they are whispering about. I am extremely sorry that I offended so many of you, or that you let what you tried to read between the lines offend you. This team has been rebuilding sometime now(3rd season, not a couple of years). I reinterate, I AM SO PROUD OF OUR ATHLETES, THATS WHY I DO WHAT EVER I CAN TO SUPPORT THEM. But they do need to be more focused. Also, if I had a problem with the coaching staff, I am an adult, I feel as though I have the guts to speak to a coach directly. I have coached some of these kids in the past, and I believe that any coach should be available and open to suggestions or complaints, even if the answer given is not the answer that was expected. Take it and run with it folks, as I stated earlier, IT NEVER WAS! I will not be a party to this stink again.

:thumb:

NO, MP88G, You don't get it! Some of the issues I was referring to was missed blocks, etc. Listen to the crowd as they scream"BLOCK SOMEBODY".I overheard one of the coaches tell a player that if he didn't quit playing stupid, he wouldn't be playing. The issues I was referring to are football fundamental issues. My point about issues was that Mt. Pleasant has mega talent, they just need to focus. You are making this a coach issue, not me. There are no superstars on a football team, it requires team effort from everyone, starters, coaches,bench warmers, parents and spectators. ................................See you there!

:thumb:

I am making no issues out of anything, dear. When you make a statement like you did about the team having issues, maybe you could explain what you mean then and not leave everybody else to speculate on what you mean and then get ill when they misinterpret it. Just a thought.

I am making no issues out of anything, dear.

:lol: You did not make yourself clear. "Dear" is typically meant as a term of endearment, for which we do not share, or am I misunderstanding you. I stated in my last post that I was through with this stink, not clear enough?The horse is dead, or should we continue to beat it?

Edited by junglewarriordad

I think what we have here is alot of caring people who have had a misunderstanding. We probably all support the Tigers in one way or the other and all want the best for the team. Everyone knows what a good job the coaches are doing and appreciate it. But still we see things that could be done better and want them fixed because we all want that easy 50 to 10 score each week. Let's all have a group hug and keep up the positive posts and cheer on the Tigers, win or lose.

And by positive posts I don't mean you can't say that something is wrong just say it in the correct way. Also keep in mind that these kids want to win also and most will respond to positive critizism.

We finaly got the best coach and coaching staff we have every had and to have post like this going on. To JWD sounds like you have a kid not getting some playing time to me? Nobody is perfect!!! SMITH is the best thing that has happend to MP So please grow up quit trying to start -post and then start crawfishing when people start telling you what they think and believe me your child will get playing time sooner or later.PS THE MP COACHING STAFF IS #1 MP TIGERS ARE #1 :D

:D I am ashamed to be a part of MP fan base at this time. I have looked at the posts made by JWD at least 3 times, as well as the other posts made by some of the other MP fans. I can not see a coach bashing from JWD anywhere. It looks as though some of you all read something into the post that does not seem to be there, and now you want to bring the guys kids into it!!! Do you know this guy? Are you prepared to back this up with proof? Stupid stuff like this may be why sio many people jump off the band wagon in Mt. Pleasant. Its not enough that you acuse and bring kids into it, ya'll have even taken it to another forum for disscussion. Why don't we as MP parents and team supporters grow up and act like adults. Remember, we have all expressed our opinions on this forum at some time. Looks like we have bashed JWD enough! We look awfully childish. I also do not see him "crawfishing". And that is my "bottomline" opinion. :D