JCM at Southside

VolunteerGeneral

what makes you think they will win by 3 td's?  SS has beat JCM 5 time in the last 8 years. They always play them tough. Im not saying JCM won't win but SS will keep it close.

825757095[/snapback]

I can only assume then that the JCS game must not have been a rivalry game? <_< Just comparing scores and schedules. Only my opinion, the game will speak for sure. Good luck to both teams.

Edited by Bulldog Fan #2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only assume then that the JCS game must not have been a rivalry game?  :lol: Just comparing scores and schedules. Only my opinion, the game will speak for sure. Good luck to both teams.

825757272[/snapback]

SS did loss to a great 1A team. They also had 6 turnovers in that game. Jcs would give Mialn a good game. I think they would beat Milan. But that doesn't matter they don't play. thanks and good luck in the region. it's one of the toughest around.

what makes you think they will win by 3 td's?  SS has beat JCM 5 time in the last 8 years. They always play them tough. Im not saying JCM won't win but SS will keep it close.

825757095[/snapback]

You need to check those numbers. I don't think Southside has beat them a total of five times. I can only count four loses total.

Southside usually does keep it close but I think this is JCM's game this year to win. If JCM comes out and plays good in the first half I say they win by 3 or more touchdowns, if they come out like they have came out in every other game this year, they will have to come back on a good Southside team in the second half which I believe they could do and if thats the case I say JCM only wins by 1 score.

You need to check those numbers. I don't think Southside has beat them a total of five times. I can only count four loses total.

825757515[/snapback]

sorry your right. Have no Idea where I got those numbers from. JCM has beat SS3 out of the last 4 games sorry for the incorrect info. This year won't be any different but I think they will keep it close. Good luck to both Teams. GO HAWKS!

If Hayes & Co. do the usual run left,run right,run up the middle playbook then it will be a blowout. For South Side to have a shot, the playcalling needs to keep JCM offbalance & guessing. JCM has alot of talent so SS needs to be aggressive on offense. The SS line is not good enough to run on JCM all night long. They are going to have to mix in some throws. The SS quarterback's completion % in the Jackson Sun is about 60-65%, they just don't throw much & that's with several drops. I know of 2-3 drops just in the JCS game that I watched that would probably place it over 70% & that's not including any drops that may have happened in other games. Also, I don't know if the SS defense can stop a JCM offense after seeing JCS manhandle them. I believe JCM is alot more physical than JCS. In the JCS game, they ran all over SS & gameplanned for LB Alex Hayes very well. After they kept moving the chains on SS, I started watching Hayes to see how they were getting by him & gaining so many yards on the ground. The 3 plays I watched, they took his feet out from under him & caught him out of position with some misdirection plays. They will have a hard time with JCM, especially if Hayes,Sterling, & co. are their normal predictable selves.

If Hayes & Co. do the usual run left,run right,run up the middle playbook then it will be a blowout. For South Side to have a shot, the playcalling needs to keep JCM offbalance & guessing. JCM has alot of talent so SS needs to be aggressive on offense. The SS line is not good enough to run on JCM all night long. They are going to have to mix in some throws. The SS quarterback's completion % in the Jackson Sun is about 60-65%, they just don't throw much & that's with several drops. I know of 2-3 drops just in the JCS game that I watched that would probably place it over 70% & that's not including any drops that may have happened in other games. Also, I don't know if the SS defense can stop a JCM offense after seeing JCS manhandle them. I believe JCM is alot more physical than JCS. In the JCS game, they ran all over SS & gameplanned for LB Alex Hayes very well. After they kept moving the chains on SS, I started watching Hayes to see how they were getting by him & gaining so many yards on the ground. The 3 plays I watched, they took his feet out from under him & caught him out of position with some misdirection plays. They will have a hard time with JCM, especially if Hayes,Sterling, & co. are their normal predictable selves.

Kingfish...have you actually watched SS's quarterback throw. I have been to a couple of games this year and his passes were very unpredictable. He's had a few drops, but I don't think the receivers know what to expect. It's hard for coaches to call certain things when they don't have confidence in their players. Just a thought.

Kingfish...have you actually watched SS's quarterback throw. I have been to a couple of games this year and his passes were very unpredictable. He's had a few drops, but I don't think the receivers know what to expect. It's hard for coaches to call certain things when they don't have confidence in their players. Just a thought.

JCM will win this game and they will probably make the score an ugly one. This year's South Side team is average at best. Especially when compared to South Side teams of the past. They don't have the size, speed, or skill of the past and this will hurt them. SS's QB is horrible and a change is in need if the hawks want to score. JCM on the other hand seems to have all the pieces in place to make a run if they can only put it all together. I want SS to win but JCM will be too much.

Well this was exactly like I predicted. Southside always seems to play up for JCM. It looked like JCM was gonna roll over the Hawks after jumping ahead 28-6, but Southside comes back with the help of some untimely penalties and a couple of turnovers inside their own 10 to take the lead in the 3rd quarter 30-28. JCM scored twice in the last few minutes to win the game 42-30.

No doubt it was a typical JCM Southside game. Thank goodness QB Ricky Borner put the Cougars on his shoulders and gutted out the winning drive late in the game.

Volunteer[/url]General' post='825761609' date='Sep 24 2005 - 08:06 AM']

Well this was exactly like I predicted. Southside always seems to play up for JCM. It looked like JCM was gonna roll over the Hawks after jumping ahead 28-6, but Southside comes back with the help of some untimely penalties and a couple of turnovers inside their own 10 to take the lead in the 3rd quarter 30-28. JCM scored twice in the last few minutes to win the game 42-30.

No doubt it was a typical JCM Southside game. Thank goodness QB Ricky Borner put the Cougars on his shoulders and gutted out the winning drive late in the game.

I watched the worst football game of my life last night. Both teams are bad. JCM stinks. Southside stinks. It was painful to watch. Both coaches stink. The only good thing about this game was my team won. JCM will not win the region. If they do then this region will all go out in the first round.