elizabethton cyclones

4down1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunny & Focker, we are all on the same team guys or girls or whatever. Be sure to remember that. Some of us are more brutal on here than others and I know that I have been dissappointed in the D scheme and think the O needs to be opened up. That doesn't mean that I don't support Eddie and the Cyclones, it is just my opionion. You find opionions on boards like these. Chill........

CountryBoy, I think we'll see who needs to be there regardless of who starts. I hope they all do well, but I can't see that Taylor & Hyder won't get the most of those snaps at WR. I just hope they and the 'replacement' QB get the 'hibbie-jibbies' out quickly. I think we'll see the ball spread around better if our O coordinator allows it.

I still look for a Cyclone victory. These guys have been very, very used to nothing less and won't settle for anything less. Like I mentioned to a few of them yesterday, "Make it happen". And as ole captain of the Starship Enterprise says, "Make it so".

The Offensive line and Special Teams are awful and have been for the last few years. The Defense is well the Defense what more can anybody else on here say it is like spitting into the ocean. The one's that can change the Defense won't so let them get mauled. I was impressed with the drummers from the band they atleast stood up but then the band director ran them off so I am against him now. Atleast they have an easy game this week. Then 2 tough games in a row and against South and East that 3-5 will get destroyed.

Greeneville brought their game with them. I thought the experience for the 'replacement' players was just fine, of course, I'm probably a bit prejudiced in this matter. Preston was a bundle of nerves early, but I don't think we'll see that anymore. He did ok for his first start. I thought our 'replacement' recievers did better than our previous starter by a long shot. In order to be successful we are going to have to develope a total line on D and O and I think our D secondary got surprised a few times. That's going to happen occassionally, but other problems are going on every game. To trully analyze, you need to see the film, but from the stands, we looked like a team playing their first game of the season.

The band stand down was a HOOT. Betsy's director should have kept them where they were and let each beat their beat. That was cool. Drumline against drumline and it seemed to be all in fun BUT had the potential to escalate.

Looking forward to next week and I know one kid who can't wait. He said last night that he had more to prove, and knowing him, it'll be done.

WAS VERY PROUD OF REPLACEMENTS LAST NIGHT ,JUST WISH CERTAIN KIDS DID NOT HAVE TO WORRY ALL THE TIME ABOUT MAKING MISTAKES AND GETTING JERKED OUT TO HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THEM.LONG PASS IS CAUGHT 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES JUST EXCITIED AND TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN.VERY PROUD OF #8 GOOD JOB AND LETS MOVE ON.ONE THING I HAVE NOTICED IN PRACTICE ON BOTH SIDES OF BALL WE NEVER GO AGAINST 1ST TEAMERS !WHY? IF YOU HAVE TO COVER GOOD RECEIVERS IN PRACTICE IT CAN ONLY MAKE YOU BETTER.YOUNG KIDS WILL MAKE MISTAKES BUT LET THEM GET RIGHT BACK ON THE HORSE SO TO SPEAK AND QUIT SHOWING THEM THAT YOU HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THEM.HOPE #77 & #10 ARE OK IM THINKING ABOUT YOU GUYS.GO CYCLONES!

Let me clarify something for you Mr. Microphone; If Mr. Pless can't be tough enough to make obvious coaching changes that are a must, then he should bare the brunt of the total load of confusion on the sidelines and up stairs come game time. I am sure Pless feels the same. It all starts at the top and he carries the load of being the HEAD COACH. Changes are needed in the staff more than anything, but is he willing to hurt feelings and make the changes that are sticking out like a sore thumb? If not, then he is in the wrong position. Late in the game when they needed some smooth sailing, there was nothing but total confusion. Solid leadership is a must and this is no knock on Mr. Pless the individual, but as a head coach, the problems should be handled asap. The other option is to step down. It's sad.

Just a final game note and good show Greene Devils and to most of the Cylcones, way to put your heart into it.

Who's Mr. Microphone?

With all that buildup, thats all you got??

Team came out absolutely FLAT and midway through the second quarter they were down 23-0. How can a team be so unmotivated on homecoming? It was a pathetic start. Granted they fought back and almost made a game of it, but the start was awlful. Bad tackling. Unforced turnovers. No fire whatsoever. The first 18 minutes of this game were an embaressment to the proud cyclone football tradtion. And thats a fact. :thumb:

Let me clarify something for you Mr. Microphone; If Mr. Pless can't be tough enough to make obvious coaching changes that are a must, then he should bare the brunt of the total load of confusion on the sidelines and up stairs come game time. I am sure Pless feels the same. It all starts at the top and he carries the load of being the HEAD COACH. Changes are needed in the staff more than anything, but is he willing to hurt feelings and make the changes that are sticking out like a sore thumb? If not, then he is in the wrong position. Late in the game when they needed some smooth sailing, there was nothing but total confusion. Solid leadership is a must and this is no knock on Mr. Pless the individual, but as a head coach, the problems should be handled asap. The other option is to step down. It's sad.

Just a final game note and good show Greene Devils and to most of the Cylcones, way to put your heart into it.

Coach wanna be, As for Pless, he doesn't have the talent that Rider had and won't by the looks of the younger players. I hate to burst the bubbles of some wanna be coaches but this is at best an average football team with no team speed outside of Kennedy and Smith.

You blew a coverage on the long touchdown pass and had a sure touchdown dropped. Your line is the biggest obstacle that is hurting you because without one, nothing works. We look like a 3-A team and that is where we should be playing.

It might be a good ideal to start within the ranks at TA Dugger and try to teach lineman how to play. You build success not inherit it.

I left midway through the fourth quarter after we failed to score on that one drive.

You've got Unicoi, Central, East, Johnson County and South left. Four of those should be wins, no excuses

We must remeber that times have changed and so has football. You are not the Cyclones of old. But playing where you belong, could bring lots of success.