Livingston Academy vs. York

BLUE BLOODED 07

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think that someone should start just because they are an upperclassman, you have no idea about high school football. The best players play and that's it. If you still don't agree with that, ask the asst. coach at LA that they call "Ol' Buckethead" how it works. I played with him from Jr. high all the way up. I saw him walk in and start as a 7th grader on the 7 & 8 grade team that had plenty of 8th graders to fill the spots. He started simply because he was the best player for the positions. (O & D Tackle) He got to high school and did the same thing, only this time at QB as a jr. He can set you strat on how it works. Somebody tell Boo (Ol' Buckethead)to go on a diet please! Geez! :lol: I saw some pics of him on the Cookeville website from the workday with them, and his wife can evidently cook very well! :D

Boo was a receiver as a junior(split end we called it).He played most of the game at QB in the game vs. Sparta after the starting QB Steve "Muff" Kniffen and a couple others were kicked out for fighting early in the 2nd quarter.Ended up leading a come from behind win.He may have played at times at QB some more that year but Muff was the starter.Boo went from receiver as a junior to starting QB as a senior to CENTER at TTU! (I guess his mom is a good cook too!) :lol:

...and Taco Bell,McDonald's,the Tech Grill,John's Place... :P;)

Edited by THE SQUAD

as a mother i know exactly how it feels to see a child stand on the side line all night and never step foot on the field my son had his share of that in peewee and middle school but when high school rolled around he has worked his tail off to earn his position rather he be a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior. it doesnt' matter what matter is that he earned his position fair and square and has worked very hard to get it, so these kids that u call THE PRACTICE TEAM isnt' a practice team at all they each and everyone is a part of the team but they have not shown what is needed in order for them to receive the starting position and as i've heard for the last 8yrs its about winning and they will do what it takes to win. as for the kids they know when they join the TEAM that they could be times that they wont' get to play so that is for the child to decide whether or not if they wont' to be a part of the TEAM and this is what my son did stayed part of the TEAM through peewee and middle as the parent with the frustation i would rather had my days and nights doing something else since he didn't step on the field at times but this is what he wanted and thats what counted and it paid off for him. As for the game i do think LA will win and every child will get to play and in the mean time remember that the kids that dont' get to play in the varsity games get to play in the jv games so everyone is apart of the team. GOOD LUCK LA!!!!

SENIORS DONT PLAY JV

Well some of you are very confused about what i am saying. It is not about STARTING at all. I dont think some of these kids should start at all. IF the talent is not there then they should not start, but when a senior has spent four years standing on the sideline and LA is winning by 2 or 3 touchdowns, they should be considered as players at that point. I would just like to see some of them get a little more playing time when the time is right and LA Starters have paved the way for a WIN. If these kids who are seniors and LA is already paved the way for a win, why not let some of these guys play a little. At least let them know what it feels like to play on a Friday Night. This is there last chance to ever play. I never said anything about anyone starting. I think the right kids are starting, no need to change a thing. Just playing in the game is a nice gesture. I honestly think that some of you have completely taken out of context what was said. It had nothing to do with STARTING at all.

Your just made cause Boo Boo was better than you. Or just because your daddy couldnt pave a driveway, so you had to sit the sideline. Im sure you got used to it after awhile.

:lol:

Hey Boo, its your favorite Center and DE. holla at me sometime. i would love some of that wifes cooking your getting. :lol:

Sorry for any incovience....i forgot to log out of computer last night and someone posted this crap. Sorry!!!!

:P

Howie, get off me. You need to help me instead of Lamb!

Willie Sells

Back to the subject... I see LA won 28-13... anyone have any details? Didn't make it out to this one or have a chance to catch it on the radio... :thumb:

We came out passing and only ran 4 or 5 times in first half. 7-6 at halftime, very boring half with lots of turnovers. We unleashed the running game in second half.Cates had 2 TD's(one was a 70 yarder), Jones 1 TD, Vaughn 7 carries-172 yards including a 75 yd. TD. I think they ran about twice as many plays as we did. BIG GAME NEXT WEEK!! GOOOOOO CATS!!!

We came out passing and only ran 4 or 5 times in first half. 7-6 at halftime, very boring half with lots of turnovers. We unleashed the running game in second half.Cates had 2 TD's(one was a 70 yarder), Jones 1 TD, Vaughn 7 carries-172 yards including a 75 yd. TD. I think they ran about twice as many plays as we did. BIG GAME NEXT WEEK!! GOOOOOO CATS!!!

Try only 2 run plays in the first half from Livingston! One from Vaughn for some where around 30 yards and one from Jones for around 10......They passed from the being till the end of the 1st half lastnight and that was just stradge in my opion. GO CATS!

Livingston by at least 30 points although York has a tendency to play better teams close every now and then. York is one of those teams that always seems to be a couple good players away from taking that next step. They aren't Livingston or Trousdale but they are much better than Cannon County and Upperman.

Well York did indeed keep it much closer than they shouldve. But then again was Livingston really trying to score points?