Top up and coming coaches

bb2552

In our region we have 4 coaches in district 12 that are by far the best around. In District 11, the Lynnville Coach, Hall, has took a team from 5 wins a season to 20 wins a season, with not much talent. He knows basketball. I am surprised a bigger school has not picked him up. With talent he could do big things.

Although the town is Lynnville, the school and team is RICHLAND. Thanks for the comments about the coach. I agree that he is a good coach. However, he would not agree with your assessment of having no talent. What a classless thing to say. But you know something, I spent 5 years defending your right to say whatever you want, 3 and 1/2 of those years overseas and I will to this very day. But please remember I have the same freedom of speech when I tell you to pick what part of my butt you would like to KISS. And if you do not like it, look my phone number up and give me a call. I am in the book. We can work this out big boy or girl. And what is this crap about your sign on name? Trying to copy someone else or what? You are a coward. I apologize if I offend anyone on here but to put down a bunch of high school kids that way is classless.

Edited by jamieroper

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the town is Lynnville, the school and team is RICHLAND. Thanks for the comments about the coach. I agree that he is a good coach. However, he would not agree with your assessment of having no talent. What a classless thing to say. But you know something, I spent 5 years defending your right to say whatever you want, 3 and 1/2 of those years overseas and I will to this very day. But please remember I have the same freedom of speech when I tell you to pick what part of my butt you would like to KISS. And if you do not like it, look my phone number up and give me a call. I am in the book. We can work this out big boy or girl. And what is this crap about your sign on name? Trying to copy someone else or what? You are a coward. I apologize if I offend anyone on here but to put down a bunch of high school kids that way is classless.

I don't think Richland realizes what a very good coach they have, Integrity, knowledge, skill, compassion, fairness are just a few of the qualities I see in him. And it's a shame that they don't appreciate what they have, but then again it's Richland. And some of the parents are always striving to make sure their reputation never improves. With the young talent they have the next two years COULD be as exciting as anything they've seen in quite awhile, but I'm sure they'll stay on their never ending quest finding fault in everything, because that's just who they are.

Jeff Chandler at Union City...What he has done there is nothing short of a miracle..They are 12-3 and have a good shot at being state ranked in the first AP Poll...And some that think it's just because they moved down from 2A are wrong..In past years they wouldn't have beaten some good junior high teams...They had more turnovers than points alot of nights..They couldn't and didn't have the basic basketball skills...But,now that has all changed and coach Chandler is the main reason for it....Union City's success so far could be the best story in high school sports this season...If you hadn't seen this team play in years past you wouldn't have any appreciation for the improvement this team has shown...

What about Coach David Phillips. He is an assistant at South Pittsburg and is just waiting in the wings to show what he can do. He has a good relationship with the girls and really knows his basketball. He does an excellent job scouting other teams and sets up an outstanding game plan. He is limited only because he is coaching at a single A school where the tallent level isn't quite as deep. :thumb:

Edited by Guns 4