TN Tandem Tournament

VballDaddy78

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want to make some predictions?? WIth Brentwood loss yesterday, does that mean they are going to come in and clean house? Can the hosts' defend their court? Should be a lot of fun.

To see the schedule go to this link: http://www.volleyvault.com/ and then click on the "Tandem Brackets" button at the top of the page.

OK Daddio, I'll take your bait.

-I bet a moonpie on Hixson over Cleveland in the Varsity finals

-I bet an RC Cocola on Huntsville over B.wood in the JV finals.

-In Power varsity I bet generically a can of generic lima beans that the silver final will be a great match between pool B and Pool D bracket victims.

OK Daddio, I'll take your bait.

-I bet a moonpie on Hixson over Cleveland in the Varsity finals

-I bet an RC Cocola on Huntsville over B.wood in the JV finals.

-In Power varsity I bet generically a can of generic lima beans that the silver final will be a great match between pool B and Pool D bracket victims.

CP, you shouldn't have gone out on a limb like that!!

I just read on theChattanoogan.com that Red Bank will not be participating this weekend.

A classmate was killed in a car accident earlier this week. The girls will be attending her funeral Saturday.

My condolences go out to the team, her friends, and her family.

What will this mean for the tournament? Will another team take their place or will the schedule be changed? Will their games become forfiets?

I just read on theChattanoogan.com that Red Bank will not be participating this weekend.

A classmate was killed in a car accident earlier this week. The girls will be attending her funeral Saturday.

My condolences go out to the team, her friends, and her family.

What will this mean for the tournament? Will another team take their place or will the schedule be changed? Will their games become forfiets?

I overheard they were looking to fill the spot with another team. May move a team up from the other bracket but trying to get someone not already participating.

Harrison is 9-10 in Ga 5A.

Ranked 8th in coach's poll

http://www.harrisonvolleyball.net/

Walton is 9-8 in Ga 5A.

Ranked 10th in 5A in coach's poll.

http://www.gasports.com/?template=5&web=1&...rt=3&school=354

Note that their roster has 4 players on it. 4 total! So, they are doing pretty good, I guess they play "the diamond" :D

Walton beat Harrison in 2. 22,13

Well, word is that Hixson had asked to play in Power ..but when given the chance to do so when Red Bank dropped out ..they declined.

Ridgeland was nice enough to take on the heavy competition and move up from Varsity to Power. So, the Power division keeps the same schedule, just with one different tm.

The Varsity brackets have been re-drawn. Are not posted on the site, but will be handed out in the morn.

Good luck to all.

In Reseed matches in pool play now. Here are some highlights:

-Brentwood and GPS are wiinning their pools, duh.

-ER lost to B.wood in 3.

-Baylor has already wrapped up their pool. 3-0 so far.

-The Atlanta tms are playing well, but not dominant.

-Glad to see Soddy Daisy playing hard.

-The tough pool is HH, ND, Oowa and Bradley. All playing fairly evenly today. So, apparently HH has a girl out maybe with mono ..and they are NOT the team that came in second in the b.wood tourney. I don't know how good that other girl was ..but, they played very, very avg today as a tm. Bradley beat HH in 3 (gm two was 25-16 Bradley). HH beat Oowa in 3 ..barely. ND beat HH in 3 ..and ND played like scared kittens entering kindergarden in dog school on the first day. ND and Oowa beat Bradley, but not easily.

-Now ND is going to gm 3 now with Soddy.

-BGA has been playing with zest, will go see if they are winning in a few.

-Great JV matches, Oowa vs. GPS was a 3 gm frenzy.

-B.wood JV is skilled. #30 showed great character. She was in the b.row, a lob-spike was going over her head, she reached but then decided to let it go ..but the ball nicked her hand. Neigher ref nor linesman could see it and she immediately recognized that it would be unfair to take that one and honored called the touch. Not that players should do that in all situations ..but in that case it really showed maturity and respect for her opponents. I gave her a t-shirt for it, but that character will yield far greater rewards in her life. Way to go #30, someone post her name please.

Edited by ComPassion