Chuckey-Doak

Hoya

The TSSAA has their enrollment at 769. Who made the decision to play up?

I don't think travel expenses play as much into it one might think. As far as non-football sports, including soccer, A-AA in East Tenn. is just so weak outside of a Knoxville school or 2. Not to take away from Chuckey-Doak's season or anything, but go to Eurosportscoreboard.com and take a look at the level of competition they played this year. Specifically, look at the overall won-less record of their opponents this year (take away FRA's record from the equation and its even more glaring).

The admin at GHS looked into this matter very carefully before deciding to play up in all sports. The lack of decent competition in A-AA had a part in it. Also, the admin believed that revenue in football (plays in AAAA) and basketball (the two top revenue earners) would suffer with weaker competition - the mind set being that the average smaller school wouldn't bring as many fans when traveling to Greeneville. Let's face it, the revenue earned in football and basketball trickles down to the other sports.

Finally, scheduling has a part in it as well - and were not talking about travel budgets necessarily. In girls soccer for example, Coach Eiskamp has made it a priority to schedule tougher competition. This year Greeneville played Farragut X 2, Oak Ridge X2, Science Hill X 2, Tullahoma, FRA, Siegel, etc. Realistically, what AAA school would want to schedule a A-AA school ? I am sure this is the predicament that Chuckey-Doak faces (Note: I believe Chuckey-Doak had the opportunity to play Greeneville this year but turned it down). By playing a brutal schedule with a young team, Coach E is getting the girls ready for the next couple of years. If GHS played in A-AA, for example, they would most likely play a cake schedule during the year and then have to run up against a school like FRA at State. We can sit here and say what a neat year Chuckey-Doak had but it appears as though their regular season schedule did nothing to prepare them for a school the likes of a FRA. While I was not at the Chuckey-Doak/FRA match, I read the posts about the play of Chuckey-Doak during the match.

But, once again, I applaud Chuckey-Doak for the year they had and I think everyone else should as well.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You better get out more! :thumb:

Soccer is a contact sport. What you saw in only one game was American soccer. As a player of the game for more years than you are old. This is the game that players within the boundaries of the US play during pickup games. Those young ladies have picked up the game pretty quick. Their athletic ability outshined all who played them this season. As far as elbows go you must have blinked when FRA produce some of their own contact. I know that CDHS is new to this level in the state and must earn the respect of the officials. The officials was showing their respect to FRA, because minutes into the game I could see that they (the officials ) were making sure that FRA was going to move on in the tournament. So rather than getting down on the girls with athletic ability and don’t have time for traveling teams and clubs, maybe you need to get out more often and see the world of American soccer. Maybe then you’ll appreciate the talent that is out there.

I congratulate FRA on their championship.

:lol:

The referees were not needed to move FRA on in the tournament...they were needed to protect the FRA girls from retaliatory shots when the CD girls were outclassed. I never said that the girls from CD were not athletic, they are, but they need to get an understanding of aggressive soccer (we saw that from Knox Catholic on Saturday) but it did not call for elbows to heads, etc. We expect contact in soccer and FRA can and will give as good as it gets, but it won't do it with cheap dirty hits....they will earn respect when they play soccer instead of trying to hurt the other players because they are beaten. Let CD's athletes move on to whatever, but understand that if the referee was lacking at anything it was in not stopping a game where the focus seemed to be injury rather than scoring. In all my soccer watching I have never seen that many yellow cards in one game to one team, should have, could have been more....maybe I need to get out more, or are you saying this is common place in east Tenn??? I find tht hard to beleive from the class we saw from Knox Catholic. In any case it is over and the much better team won and moved on. We're done with CD....

The referees were not needed to move FRA on in the tournament...they were needed to protect the FRA girls from retaliatory shots when the CD girls were outclassed. I never said that the girls from CD were not athletic, they are, but they need to get an understanding of aggressive soccer (we saw that from Knox Catholic on Saturday) but it did not call for elbows to heads, etc. We expect contact in soccer and FRA can and will give as good as it gets, but it won't do it with cheap dirty hits....they will earn respect when they play soccer instead of trying to hurt the other players because they are beaten. Let CD's athletes move on to whatever, but understand that if the referee was lacking at anything it was in not stopping a game where the focus seemed to be injury rather than scoring. In all my soccer watching I have never seen that many yellow cards in one game to one team, should have, could have been more....maybe I need to get out more, or are you saying this is common place in east Tenn??? I find tht hard to beleive from the class we saw from Knox Catholic. In any case it is over and the much better team won and moved on. We're done with CD....

No, it is not the norm in East Tn nor does this have anything to do with "East Tennessee" soccer. Please, let's not generalize.

Finally, scheduling has a part in it as well - and were not talking about travel budgets necessarily. In girls soccer for example, Coach Eiskamp has made it a priority to schedule tougher competition. This year Greeneville played Farragut X 2, Oak Ridge X2, Science Hill X 2, Tullahoma, FRA, Siegel, etc. Realistically, what AAA school would want to schedule a A-AA school ? I am sure this is the predicament that Chuckey-Doak faces (Note: I believe Chuckey-Doak had the opportunity to play Greeneville this year but turned it down). By playing a brutal schedule with a young team, Coach E is getting the girls ready for the next couple of years. If GHS played in A-AA, for example, they would most likely play a cake schedule during the year and then have to run up against a school like FRA at State. We can sit here and say what a neat year Chuckey-Doak had but it appears as though their regular season schedule did nothing to prepare them for a school the likes of a FRA. While I was not at the Chuckey-Doak/FRA match, I read the posts about the play of Chuckey-Doak during the match.

But, once again, I applaud Chuckey-Doak for the year they had and I think everyone else should as well.

Gotta give props to Coach Eiskamp. He was my college coach. He has done great things up there with the devils. My question is, and I know this doesn't have anything to do with C.D. but I don't want to start a whole new thread on it, why not play in A/AA, but schedule hard teams outside of that? That is what CAK does. Outside our district, we schedule Science Hill, Maryville, Bearden, Farragut, Webb... So we still get the tough games. Just a thought, and it may not be in his hands anyway.

To the Chucky Doak naysayers, they made it farther than all but four teams. Great for any team, and even more special for a school that is not known for soccer prowess.

To Chucky Doak fans, respect is earned on the field, not on the threads. You have made a name for yourselves, now show all of those naysayers that it was not a "flash in the pan". Get ready for next season. Hard to believe, but this one is over already!!! Congrats again.

Fine...I did not think it was exemplary....and I am glad to hear it. Anyway let's move on< i've heard too much about CD in the last few days...it's tiring

Actually Flash, you are tiring. Most of your posts are negative and some border on slander/libel. Within the last two weeks, you have accused two teams of playing dirty. You need to let the refs do there jobs. If you do not think they are adequate, file a complaint with TSSAA or.....become a ref and you can right all the wrongs you constantly see occuring on the field. It is obvious you are either an FRA player, parent, or fan. I have a lot of respect for FRA and its soccer program. I do not have any respect for you in light of your posts.

If anyone cares to see, go back and look at the posts this individual has made over the past 2-3 weeks. You will very quickly see what I mean.

Bottom line....if you can't abstain from such posts, stay off the board. Otherwise, it is my hope that CoachT or one of his monitors will remove you...permanently.

Actually Flash, you are tiring. Most of your posts are negative and some border on slander/libel. Within the last two weeks, you have accused two teams of playing dirty. You need to let the refs do there jobs. If you do not think they are adequate, file a complaint with TSSAA or.....become a ref and you can right all the wrongs you constantly see occuring on the field. It is obvious you are either an FRA player, parent, or fan. I have a lot of respect for FRA and its soccer program. I do not have any respect for you in light of your posts.

If anyone cares to see, go back and look at the posts this individual has made over the past 2-3 weeks. You will very quickly see what I mean.

Bottom line....if you can't abstain from such posts, stay off the board. Otherwise, it is my hope that CoachT or one of his monitors will remove you...permanently.

FlashGordon is history. Flash don't go away mad, just go away.

;)

Gotta give props to Coach Eiskamp. He was my college coach. He has done great things up there with the devils. My question is, and I know this doesn't have anything to do with C.D. but I don't want to start a whole new thread on it, why not play in A/AA, but schedule hard teams outside of that? That is what CAK does. Outside our district, we schedule Science Hill, Maryville, Bearden, Farragut, Webb... So we still get the tough games. Just a thought, and it may not be in his hands anyway.

To the Chucky Doak naysayers, they made it farther than all but four teams. Great for any team, and even more special for a school that is not known for soccer prowess.

To Chucky Doak fans, respect is earned on the field, not on the threads. You have made a name for yourselves, now show all of those naysayers that it was not a "flash in the pan". Get ready for next season. Hard to believe, but this one is over already!!! Congrats again.

Obviously, it's all or none at A-AA vs. AAA. Said again, Greeneville can't, for example, play soccer at A-AA and run cross country at AAA. So it really was out of Coach E's hands. After all, if you have a good program like CAK the big boys will schedule you. But the question you ask is logical. I'd like to hear the GHS admin answer it.

Obviously, it's all or none at A-AA vs. AAA. Said again, Greeneville can't, for example, play soccer at A-AA and run cross country at AAA. So it really was out of Coach E's hands. After all, if you have a good program like CAK the big boys will schedule you. But the question you ask is logical. I'd like to hear the GHS admin answer it.

Good point. I would like to hear why, just out of curiousity, but I doubt GHS admins are huge CoachT posters. Even so, they seem to be holding their own in AAA.