• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MUS against BA. Any predictions?

MUS can control the score, they can keep it close and run the ball risk long

drives with penalties and fumbles, they have no breakaway back or open

it up by throwing it the majority of the time and the game should be over by

the end of three quarters. They have the best quarterback in the state and

a great receiving corp. It's all up to how they're calling the plays.

35-0 MUS (If run the offense correctly)

14-7 MUS (If they play scared and don't use their weapons)

Hey eastmemowl

What credentials do you have to question the success of the MUS coaching staff? If memory serves me correctly, they won the state last year, losing only one game, and they are 5-0 this year.

On another note, their QB may be good, but that is a stretch saying he is the best in the state

Edited by Chattcity

Hey eastmemowl

What credentials do you have to question the success of the MUS coaching staff? If memory serves me correctly, they won the state last year, losing only one game, and they are 5-0 this year.

On another note, their QB may be good, but that is a stretch saying he is the best in the state

Chattcity

MUS is 6-0 not 5-0 and yes the seniors were very talented last. Their offenseunloaded 35 pts. on BA in the Championship Game. Their QB would have started for anybody else MUS played last year as a soph. but instead stayed at MUS and backed up his Brother. He has all the tools and mainly, knows how to win.

I've watched him pitch in the summers since he's been 10 and he's dominated everyyear. MBA people I talked to in N'ville said he was incredible on some of his throws up their in only his 3rd start and mainly his poise was incrediable as they

tried to get to him every way possible. MUS has a great staff but with a kid like

this they out to be blowing people the next two years.

Chattcity

MUS is 6-0 not 5-0 and yes the seniors were very talented last. Their offenseunloaded 35 pts. on BA in the Championship Game. Their QB would have started for anybody else MUS played last year as a soph. but instead stayed at MUS and backed up his Brother. He has all the tools and mainly, knows how to win.

I've watched him pitch in the summers since he's been 10 and he's dominated everyyear. MBA people I talked to in N'ville said he was incredible on some of his throws up their in only his 3rd start and mainly his poise was incrediable as they

tried to get to him every way possible. MUS has a great staff but with a kid like

this they out to be blowing people the next two years.

I played last year, and to say that he would have started for any team in the state isnt true, no knock on him, but he was a sophmore with virtually no varsity experience. His brother was the better quarterback and i still dont think that MUS' current qb has reached his full potential, and still not as good as his brother.. but he is an outstanding athlete

it has nothing to do with the coaches, we ran the same offense last year, its abt execution on each play.. MUS coaches put together an excellent game plan that allows the team to excel each and every friday night- its up to the execution of the offense on each play as to wether or not you will produce..

I played last year, and to say that he would have started for any team in the state isnt true, no knock on him, but he was a sophmore with virtually no varsity experience. His brother was the better quarterback and i still dont think that MUS' current qb has reached his full potential, and still not as good as his brother.. but he is an outstanding athlete

it has nothing to do with the coaches, we ran the same offense last year, its abt execution on each play.. MUS coaches put together an excellent game plan that allows the team to excel each and every friday night- its up to the execution of the offense on each play as to wether or not you will produce..

I completely agree with you Tommy. MUS offense last year was extremely high powered when it ran on all cylinders. MUS' current QB is still only a junoir and this year he is doing well but look for him to do even better with a year of varsity play under his belt. His older brother who was the QB my senoir year as I was the Center was a natural born leader and took charge of the offense. Michael lacked that take charge yet cool attitude but it comes as you play more. Michael is a great player and look for big things to come from him in the next year. As for the coaches, they completely revamped last year and worked very hard and continue to do so on a game plan for each and every week. They break down the opponent and keep a few tricks in the bag just in case. It is no different from last year; it all depends on how you execute and the big thing on offense for the owls this year is they do not have any break away speed.

He was alot better last year than any QB MUS played and would have started

for any of those teams ahead of their QB (example. MBA's QB was soph last

year he would have started for them,CBHS etc.) He diffinently has'nt reached

his potential and he's already the best around. No doubt his brother was

extremey poised and talented and it's a shame they only won one title with

him. I've been watching MUS football for more than 20 years and I'm telling

you this kid is a great one and a big time winner, some kids just have it.