Lewis Co. Clay Colley

ddaddy

Clay Colley from Lewis County has turn in one of the best efforts as a DB this year that I have ever seen. He has intercepted 5 passes in the last two games and returned 4 of them for a TD. The other one he returned about 50 yds. and had one guy to beat before being tackled. He has well over 200 return yds. in his 5 ints. The kicker is that he has a broke wrist and a case up to his elbow. It is wrapped and padded and weighs about 10 lbs.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Mr. Colley on his performance especially with a broken arm...but he and the rest of Lewis Co will face their toughest opponents in the coming weeks, and if he can continue to have such a showing against tougher competition like Riverside and Camden then he will probably get more recognition...numbers like those against a struggling Richland team and a Houston co team that hasn't produced anything in the way of offense or defense all year will not appear that impressive to most....Good Luck to him the rest of the year!

When he starts making tackles like the wright kid i believe that is who i am talking about then post on here about the clay kid. The wright kid is a tackling monster he is the best deffensive player that lewis county has got hands down!! So lets toot this wright kids horn a little bit? I think on my books at half time he had like 19 tackles!!!! That is super football :lol:

NO materr who he has been playing it is still a remarkable accomplishment. Clay is a great athlete.Best thing about him is that he is more worried about winning than he is Intercepting the ball. Also, if these interceptions are so easy why hasnt anyone from Camden or Riverside been returning INT's for touchdowns?

Ya'll play the same teams we do.

Wright probably the most aggressive defensive player on the team. I'm not sure if that makes him the best on the team or not. Clay would definatly be the best overall player on the team if he had not broke his arm. I'm not sure of the stats he had before he broke his arm, but i know that he had a kickoff return for a touchdown against Wayne Co. Maybe Haney will know something.

NO materr who he has been playing it is still a remarkable accomplishment. Clay is a great athlete.Best thing about him is that he is more worried about winning than he is Intercepting the ball. Also, if these interceptions are so easy why hasnt anyone from Camden or Riverside been returning INT's for touchdowns?

Ya'll play the same teams we do.

I hate to break the news to ya but we've had about 3- 4 INT's for TD's this year....the difference being that most haven't been able to get off many passes because of pressure in the backlfield. You have to be able to successfully throw the ball against us...and it really hasn't happened yet <_<

i agree with bottomline i think that zach wright is the best player on lewis counties defence he is the most aggressive player on the field and goes all out every down im not takeing anything away from clay who is a fine athelete but i do not feel that he has an impact every down such as zach does yea he has scored 4 td's for us and many ppl might say that lewis county would have lost to richland with out those td's but also zach didnt play that game so i dont guess we will ever know what kind of impact those int's would have really had if he had been playin b/c of the inexperience at the line backer position during that game

Horns blow more than once and there are plenty around to toot. How about tooting both Zach and Clay's horn. Sounds like their both pretty good. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Maybe Zach is getting 22 tackles a game because some teams are trying to run rather than throw because Clay being in the defensive back field. And maybe Clay is getting so many interceptions because some teams are trying to throw instead of run because of Zach's tackleing prowess. Kinda like team work huh.

I hate to break the news to ya but we've had about 3- 4 INT's for TD's this year....the difference being that most haven't been able to get off many passes because of pressure in the backlfield. You have to be able to successfully throw the ball against us...and it really hasn't happened yet :D

Either way, this kid returned like 3 against Richland, and he pretty much won the game for them. So I think that HAS to take talent, the kid's good. I think what they're getting at is don't throw at him lol.