Assistant coaching

Rebel_Pride

Rebel_Pride I am a coach at Ezell-Harding and currently also a full time student at Middle Tennessee State University. You do not have to have a college degree to coach in High School or Middle school if they are bringing on Non-Faculty coaches. To coach in College you have to at least have a B.S. for most places. Just depends on the job requirements. Hope this helps.

Cookeville a joke??? What planet did you come from???? I think Cookeville has the best chance of beating Riverdale this season in the Semis. Cookeville is a state contender and is just as good as Ooltewah and Oak Ridge, and much better than Wilson Central.

Of course to be hired at a high school as a full time employee, you have to be certified by the State Board of Education. Also, don't major in PE and expect to get a PE job right out of the gate............those are reserved for head coaches and older retired coaches. Select a major that gives you the ability to teach various classes. You become more valuable in the principals eyes then, not just to the head coach. Good Luck

thanks for all the feedback i appreciate it....well i have the option to work under my step-dad for a good amount of money(which isnt everything but helps) and good hours...and hope to be able to coach

or go to college get some type of major and become a teacher and have no doubt tht i have the time, juss need to be hired...

but i apprecite the comments...take it easy

I was an assistant coach for five years. I was hired but the school board as a student assistant when I was in school. You have to take the tssaa classes to be certified, which its a good thing to do. After 5 years as an official assistant coach (meaning you are on record with the TSSAA as an assistant), the tssaa now allows you to be a head coach without being part of the school system. It was designed to help the smaller schools have head coaches when none of the school faculty or staff wanted to coach.