a real football player

jcm

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it is a great post, but it is not billboard material for a winning program. If a team has a stong and winning record, this is not something you should show them. Yes, play hard no matter who you are or who you are playing, but never at anytime do you bring any negativity into a winning program. If you are part of a losing tradition then I say yes show the kids, because just playing the sport of football can make a boy into a man. Good luck to all teams no matter what your record is.

I agree it is a great post, but it is not billboard material for a winning program. If a team has a stong and winning record, this is not something you should show them. Yes, play hard no matter who you are or who you are playing, but never at anytime do you bring any negativity into a winning program. If you are part of a losing tradition then I say yes show the kids, because just playing the sport of football can make a boy into a man. Good luck to all teams no matter what your record is.

Doing all of those things comes much easier if you are on a winning team or in a program that has a strong tradition. It does speak volumes of those young men that happen not be at a maryville or central type program; But instead find themselves in a program trying to turn it around, giving that extra effort day in and day out and on Friday nights. It is hard to do in the face of defeat each week. For many it is easier to quit or transfer to another program than to stick it out and try to turn it around.

no,,,but you lost,,,,quit making excuses for horrible teams!!!!!!!!

That has to be one of the stupidest posts in the history of Coach T! Instead of bashing players and teams, why don't you: a- Find something good to say about a player that gives it everything on every play, or b- Find a hole and crawl in it. Yes, players should do all of the things listed no matter what, but some don't. That's just the way the game works.

Edited by stlrcoach

That has to be one of the stupidest posts in the history of Coach T! Instead of bashing players and teams, why don't you: a- Find something good to say about a player that gives it everything on every play, or b- Find a hole and crawl in it. Yes, players should do all of the things listed no matter what, but some don't. That's just the way the game works.

ok i may be being a little negative here, but i believe all of these things that have been said are just something that a player should always do........no matter how bad your team is or how bad of a player that you are you should always give one hundred percent effort at all times........good im glad you are playing hard,,,but you know what,,,you should be............i know that we are winless, but you know what,,,,,as a team you should still give one hundred ten percent all the time....... i just dont quite understand what the hooplah is about this post............and no, this is not a stupid post.......i dont know who you are but you must be a fan or player of a losing program......that is just my thoughts,,,,,,,,,,im sharing them with you......

BigPun19, Ever heard the old saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? You've obviously lost sight of the big picture here.

you are a lady tiger fan,,,,,,at least that is what your name says,,,,,,,,no i havent lost sight of the big picture,,,,,im just stating the facts,,,,if you ever watched a good team play you would realize that is what they do every single down, quarter, inning,,,,,etc,,,,etc,,,,etc,,,,,and that is play hard,,,,,get a clue,,,,to be the best you have to outplay the rest,,,,,,,like i said again,,,,,quit making excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i may be being a little negative here, but i believe all of these things that have been said are just something that a player should always do........no matter how bad your team is or how bad of a player that you are you should always give one hundred percent effort at all times........good im glad you are playing hard,,,but you know what,,,you should be............i know that we are winless, but you know what,,,,,as a team you should still give one hundred ten percent all the time....... i just dont quite understand what the hooplah is about this post............and no, this is not a stupid post.......i dont know who you are but you must be a fan or player of a losing program......that is just my thoughts,,,,,,,,,,im sharing them with you......

No, I'm a fan of Cookeville, so I'm not a fan of a losing program. I've never played on a losing team, nor have I coached a loser. I've known players on losing programs, and when you look in their faces after yet another loss, you see the dispair. Do you think it would be easy to come to practice and give it everything on every play and every drill if you were on an 0-5 team? If you do, then you are very misinformed. Ask some of the players at Oakland how hard it is to get up for practice this season. Many of them have played and practiced very hard, but I'm quite sure there are some that haven't.